Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - A disaster on Tobacco Road - Whalercanes 5 BRUINS 2 - trail in series 0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLIFFY HOCKEY

Jan 27, 2008
Norton MA
All this Foligno hate is insane, bad contract, yes 100% bad year for him no doubt. Thats where anger should end, he has been great on the 4th line, that line has looked ok, as far as wanting him to punch the wuss Smith, he tried, not his fault Smiths gloves are glued on, for all the Foligno hate he is not a ''fake '' tough guy, he is tough, he isnt a goon, i wouldnt be impressed to watch him pull a Patrick Maroon and punch an unwilling player.

Reactions: HumBucker and OV

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Blidh & McLaughlin in for Foligno & Frederic would be the first set of moves I’d make. Frederic can’t keep taking bad penalties every single night.
Reilly likely takes Lindholm’s spot.
Swayman starts.
The only way McLovin plays is if Providence gets bounced

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
At the end of the day, the Bruins major issues of scoring and PP are preventing them from taking a lead which completely alters the game plan.

This team takes 50 low percentage shots and scores on 2 of them.

All other issues aside, this is not going to change. The sample size is massive.

The Bruins showed they were livid at the management of this game and the double standards. Coyle challenging a player? Bergeron visibly outraged? Things that never, ever happen. In the end the Bruins likely lose but this one was a challenge to watch the enablement of Carolina which hardly needs it.

Use some of this emotion and win the next one in Boston.

Foligno HAS to be done, what an embarrassment to the logo. Blidh or even Wagner will do something, anything.

Reilly likely is in but I say Brown. Have him take a spot picker hit or two like Svechnikov.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Don’t get mad but did Hampus Lindholm go to the Brandon Carlo School of Defensing?

Forget about playing tough.. these are hulking guys that play like they’re 5’11”. Not sure what the solution is but figure out how to stop getting jacked up by guys a half foot smaller than you. Be the hammer not the nail.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I mean Cassidy blew his chance to give Swayman some experience in the third to get him a taste to see how he reacts. What if he starts and is a disaster, then its 3-0. Cassidy really missed the boat here. He isnt a really good coach at all. He was handed a good roster, its not like he helped rebuild the team.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
this will be very unpopular, but Carolina plays more of a classic bruin style than boston does - and thats just wrong.

Not unpopular in terms of you being wrong… you’re right. Unpopular because it’s a tough pill to swallow

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So what's the hope? Swayman becomes 2013 Rask against the Penguins or 2003 Giguere? Marchand and Pastrnak figure their shit out and start dominating?

Feels like it will take a miraculous individual effort because I'm not seeing the team as a whole turning it around.

Last edited:

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
I didn’t even think about they should ran the goalie to get the equipment manager in net

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Time for Blidh over Freddy. Reilly has to play now which is bad. But if we go down 3-0, I play Brown in Game 4 just to pound Svechnikov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad