Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - A disaster on Tobacco Road - Whalercanes 5 BRUINS 2 - trail in series 0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1651716106681.png

1651716152226.png

1651716215184.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

TOI WHALERCANES

Last edited:
Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Can we all agree it makes no sense to start Ullmark game 3?

I’m not saying anything it’s his fault. But what I am saying is he rotated the spot with another goalie almost the entire year and only recently did Cassidy decide he had “the edge” over Swayman. And they’re down 2-0 this series. Why would he now get 3 games in a row?

If you’re not going to make a change now, then when and what?
Swayman almost assuredly starts Friday. Makes sense to go with the vet who has been playing better for the start and especially on the road. What gives me pause is Swayman has been really shaky the last month or so. Hopefully, a week’s rest has him dialed in.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm not ready to give up, but things are certainly looking rough. Swayman in and I have no idea what the move is on forward or D if Lindholm is out. Reilly-McAvoy I guess. Maybe throw McLaughlin in, not sure Frederic deserves to stay in as well as Foligno or Nosek.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm not ready to give up, but things are certainly looking rough. Swayman in and I have no idea what the move is on forward or D if Lindholm is out. Reilly-McAvoy I guess. Maybe throw McLaughlin in, not sure Frederic deserves to stay in as well as Foligno.
Wagner in for Frederic and then Bruce needs to put Blidh in over Foligno.

Reilly slots in for Lindholm because we need to be able to roll 6 D.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I'm not ready to give up, but things are certainly looking rough. Swayman in and I have no idea what the move is on forward or D if Lindholm is out. Reilly-McAvoy I guess. Maybe throw McLaughlin in, not sure Frederic deserves to stay in as well as Foligno or Nosek.
Blidh & McLaughlin in for Foligno & Frederic would be the first set of moves I’d make. Frederic can’t keep taking bad penalties every single night.
Reilly likely takes Lindholm’s spot.
Swayman starts.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
What we are seeing here is what many of us have warned for years now. This team gets bullied in the playoffs. No one is scared of the Bruins and they take liberties with them. There is nobody in the team to drop the gloves. Tell me you wouldn’t want to see that tonight with the BS that went on? Sweeney doesn’t know what he’s doing.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
I love this team, but it’s been a struggle watching this team for half the season.

We’re seeing the part of this team that is a disappointment, the team we saw at the start of the season. It just isn’t constructed well, and at worse.. has no balls or fire.

Everyone should have been hitting Svechnikov. The team was getting punished with excessive penalties anyways, At least make them worthwhile.

I hope if the team gets swept it ushers in a brand new era for the Bruins, and not one based off of whatever it is Sweeney and Neely envision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad