Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 7:08 PM - In Linus We Trust - NESN, ESPN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
Definitely watching this game not sober this time... too bad my buddy moved upstate because we used to do shots for every goal. I remember one of those Toronto games nearly killed us.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

RALEIGH, N.C. — Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy went into Monday’s playoff opener concerned less with what kind of tone the game would set and more with the adjustments that would ultimately come out of it.

Following a 5-1 loss in which the Matt Grzelcyk-Brandon Carlo pair struggled, Cassidy made his first move. Hampus Lindholm practiced with Carlo, and Grzelcyk skated with Charlie McAvoy in Tuesday’s practice.

Lindholm, who missed time with a lower-body injury toward the end of the regular season, and McAvoy played 15:51 together at even strength in Game 1. McAvoy’s work behind the net helped create the Bruins’ only goal, a Taylor Hall shot from out high that made it 2-1. With that pair on the ice, the Bruins outshot the Hurricanes, 8-3.

Grzelcyk and Carlo, meanwhile, were on the ice when Carolina scored to make it 2-0 and 3-1. On the first, Carlo couldn’t close on a puck-carrier in the corner, and Grzelcyk couldn’t affect Jordan Staal in front of the net when Nino Niederreiter’s shot got through. On the latter, a failed Grzelcyk pinch led to Teuvo Teravainen and Vincent Trocheck breaking the other way.

“I just thought Grizz and Carlo had a bit of a challenging night,” Cassidy said. “So we talked about using Lindholm with Carlo at times as well.”

Even though McAvoy and Lindholm won’t be on the top pairing, Cassidy said they’ll still end up on the ice together during the game.

Reactions: hrdpuk

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I celebrate Prince Pancake Day myself.

HDZGDK2IMYCQNDP4Q2D3GSR6KM.jpg
"After it was over, he took us in the house and served us pancakes.

...pancakes"

Secord

Mar 23, 2013

RALEIGH, N.C. — Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy went into Monday’s playoff opener concerned less with what kind of tone the game would set and more with the adjustments that would ultimately come out of it.

Following a 5-1 loss in which the Matt Grzelcyk-Brandon Carlo pair struggled, Cassidy made his first move. Hampus Lindholm practiced with Carlo, and Grzelcyk skated with Charlie McAvoy in Tuesday’s practice.

Lindholm, who missed time with a lower-body injury toward the end of the regular season, and McAvoy played 15:51 together at even strength in Game 1. McAvoy’s work behind the net helped create the Bruins’ only goal, a Taylor Hall shot from out high that made it 2-1. With that pair on the ice, the Bruins outshot the Hurricanes, 8-3.

Grzelcyk and Carlo, meanwhile, were on the ice when Carolina scored to make it 2-0 and 3-1. On the first, Carlo couldn’t close on a puck-carrier in the corner, and Grzelcyk couldn’t affect Jordan Staal in front of the net when Nino Niederreiter’s shot got through. On the latter, a failed Grzelcyk pinch led to Teuvo Teravainen and Vincent Trocheck breaking the other way.

“I just thought Grizz and Carlo had a bit of a challenging night,” Cassidy said. “So we talked about using Lindholm with Carlo at times as well.”

Even though McAvoy and Lindholm won’t be on the top pairing, Cassidy said they’ll still end up on the ice together during the game.
When the latter happens, hopefully McAvoy buries that golden opportunity Lindholm put on a tee for him that would have completely changed game 1.

Need playoff worthy intensity and physicality which was absent from game 1. In all other series, teams battling for their playoff lives, throwing with reckless abandon. Seemed like just another regular season game on Monday for the Bruins. Need to take it up several notches, up and down the lineup. Coyle needs to rebound from an atrocious game 1, 11 needs to grind, only 12 on that line showed up on Monday. Hall had the best game out of all Bruins forwards. Looks like he's the only one of the big 4 that is not banged up.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Gotta hope we can put a solid 60 against these guys tonight. Steal this one and I think we take the series still. If we lose, gonna be a lot of pressure on Swayman game 3.... Come on boys!

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I think clearing their own net is the easier proposition. Carolina has a D Corp
with only 1 D man under 6:02 and Boston has 3 guys up front over 6:02?
That’s true. Gotta have the attitude to get there. Recchi used to park his ass down there in a much tougher league.

They either want to or don’t.

Reactions: BMC

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I rode the spin bike for the first period of Game 1 and they played well.....then on the couch for periods 2 and 3...... if only I rode the spin bike all 3 periods we would have won! lol ... I'm carb loading right now to try tonight :) Go Bs! We got this! Pasta with 2 tonight including the GWG in honour of my carb loading ....
Hope there’s no OT!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Tie the series up boys. No f***ing excuses. I better see Marchand, Bsrfy, and Pasta giving me 100% like Jake and Hall and McAvoy was giving. Period. Point blank. Our stars need to be stars and they need to step up.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Usually an optimist but I have to disagree here

Going to be really tough winning 4/5 against these guys.

Of course, if that were to happen, it wouldn’t shock me at all to see the bruins go on a run after that

Oh, yeah for sure if Carolina wins tonight they will definitely win two more games.

I wasn't being optimistic. I was speaking technically.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Top line has to be better, Marchand has been colder then ice for a while now.
Time for the top players to show us they are top players.

Quality shots, not quantity shots.

For the love of god score early and score often. . . .

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
So are we making any changes to the line up or game strategy? Or just running the same plan as last time?

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Gotta hope we can put a solid 60 against these guys tonight. Steal this one and I think we take the series still. If we lose, gonna be a lot of pressure on Swayman game 3.... Come on boys!
Even if Linus stand on his head, if it's a loss you have to give Swayman a go... Changing goalies wakes up the team and you never know which one is better if you don't try both. For me goalie carrying game means that you actually steal a win because your goalie played so well. It does happen.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
So are we making any changes to the line up or game strategy? Or just running the same plan as last time?

Just curious, how does this series make you feel?
Do you still follow the Hurricanes after their trasfer from Hartford, or did that love die in 1997?

As always being a Bruins fan I don't know how it would affect me if the team moved, and if I would follow them.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

If they lose it will depend how they lose. If its 3-2 OT and play is tilted to Carolina, I doubt you see Swayman.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad