Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 7:08 PM - In Linus We Trust - NESN, ESPN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Mixing up D pairs:

Matt Grzelcyk--Charlie McAvoy

Hampus Lindholm--Brandon Carlo

Derek Forbort--Connor Clifton
Forbort looked good last game. While I don’t hate the pairings Bruce came up with and not really surprised by them…
My ideal d pairings for Carolina would be

lindholm-McAvoy
Forbort-Carlo
Reilly- Brown

I feel we need a bigger line up to wear these guys down a bit more. Gryz who I heard rumors was playing hurt should rest. At this point there probably isn’t much of a drop off between the two. Clifton also seemed a bit exposed out there.
Post automatically merged:

it`s why I`d like to see Blidh in there, the guy simply knows his job and does it, never hesitates to plant his ass at the top of the crease and piss opponents off
Blidh would certainly do that. His hits are far more punishing then any of the Bs we have in the line-up outside of McCavoy.

Reactions: LSCII and sooshii

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They need more than just their 1st period effort from game 1. Tonight requires wholesale changes to attitude and game plan. The roster is what it is now. Move guys up/down here and there whatever, but it won't matter unless the plan changes.

Game 1 they did an awful job of controlling the play in front of the goalies. Raanta was playing tennis ball hockey all night and nothing came of it. Ullmark was fighting off bodies all night on the other end. If they aren't correcting this then they're already done.
When teams for check and cycle the puck ,Bruins defence aren’t good at clearing the guys out and they give up a lot of tipped or goalie being screened shots,its really there achilles heel.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Forbort looked good last game. While I don’t hate the pairings Bruce came up with and not really surprised by them…

lindholm-McAvoy
Forbort-Carlo
Reilly- Brown

I feel we need a bigger line up to wear these guys down a bit more. Gryz who I heard rumors was playing hurt should rest. At this point there probably isn’t much of a drop off between the two. Clifton also seemed a bit exposed out there.

Blidh would certainly do that. His hits are far more punishing then any of the Bs we have in the line-up outside of McCavoy.
agreed, listen, I understand and appreciate Foligno is an exceptionally good teammate but it`s winning time and I`m not convinced he helps this team win, maybe even sit Nosek if Butch doesn`t have it within him to sit Foligno

When teams for check and cycle the puck ,Bruins defence aren’t good at clearing the guys out and they give up a lot of tipped or goalie being screened shots,its really there achilles heel.
it`s one of the reasons why I was most concerned with Carolina as the B`s first round opponent, so good at cycling with that great team speed, combine that with an exceptional PK...ugg

Reactions: Dr Hook

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
80C2DB47-25E0-4FE6-BB5C-CEBB6B47C181.jpeg

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think clearing their own net is the easier proposition. Carolina has a D Corp
with only 1 D man under 6:02 and Boston has 3 guys up front over 6:02?
With at least one of our D-men . he has not moved a butt from the front of the net in his entire career certainly not in a playoff game. We need our D to be far more physical if you want to win . how many D had ZERO,hits last game

agreed, listen, I understand and appreciate Foligno is an exceptionally good teammate but it`s winning time and I`m not convinced he helps this team win, maybe even sit Nosek if Butch doesn`t have it within him to sit Foligno

it`s one of the reasons why I was most concerned with Carolina as the B`s first round opponent, so good at cycling with that great team speed, combine that with an exceptional PK...ugg
LOVE you D pairings

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
It's obvious, but the goal scorers need to score. Thats March, Bergie, Pasta, you know the list.
And then one from the 3 or 4th line and/or the D.

Reactions: BMC

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Shawn Thornton ain't walking through that door. Tyler Seguin ain't walking through that door. These are the horses we're rolling with, boys. Give em' a tug and stop getting slapped around by the same team for a full season.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

lindholm-McAvoy
Forbort-Carlo
Reilly- Brown

Josh Brown? Really? What about his play at the end of the season makes you think he's a good fit against Carolina?

Forbort-Carlo would be a disaster against this forecheck - you need to be able to actually get the puck out of the zone. And sitting Grizz against this forecheck is also silly - but people are locked in on their Grizz feelings and there's no changing it.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Yeah I think the Leafs would have gave them fits also .

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
With at least one of our D-men . he has not moved a butt from the front of the net in his entire career certainly not in a playoff game. We need our D to be far more physical if you want to win . how many D had ZERO,hits last game

LOVE you D pairings

Its exactly why it will be an easier proposition. Highly unlikely you see that stat tonight.
I expect Carlo, Lindholm and Forbort to produce multiple hits each. Ill be tracking it for certain in the 1st period.

Reactions: bme44

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
  • Haha
Reactions: MaineHockey1

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Grind it out and pushback. That’s what the Pens did last night when they were down 2-0 and 3-2. We need a playoff road game and get the lead vs play from behind.

Let’s go Bruins!!!!

Reactions: Ladyfan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

LOVE you D pairings
That would be 4.

Attachments

• 628D737D-6440-4116-BB19-055C5E3B14D9.jpeg
    628D737D-6440-4116-BB19-055C5E3B14D9.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 7

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I wish Lindholm Carlo had more time in the regular season. Asking a new pairing to figure it out against a good team in the playoffs is a tough ask.

I always envisioned a new dman for the 2nd pair. not sure why Cassidy is forcing Lindholm with McAvoy. McAvoy-Grzeclyk has always been way, way better than Grzeclyk-Carlo.

Part of what makes Grzeclyk-McAvoy so good is that they open up space for each other. Both can mobilize and take the puck from goal line to goal line at any time. It keeps teams on their toes.

Grzeclyk-Carlo is the opposite. You have Carlo petrified of skating the puck passed the hash marks and giving Grzeclyk the puck when the whole world knows it's going to happen. It's like a QB telegraphing their passes. Rip the Grzeclyk sized bandaid from Carlo and force him to skate. He actually can pretty decent for a big man. Hoping this new top 4 sticks. Play to your strengths.

Reactions: Dr Hook and BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
That would be 4.
How can the defence not have one hit ,that’s embarrassing,opposing forwards should be afraid to play the puck in the Bruins end from fear of getting pasted into the boards for Christ sakes,it’s the F***N playoffs.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Hope they come out pissed off and ready to go. Not the game 1 you want, but take away their home ice and give us the momentum going into Boston. Fully believe we can and should win this series but we can’t be down 2 games at any point.

Come out with the same energy they had in the first period and pot those chances. Their goaltending is suspect, take away the confidence early and don’t make them look like heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad