ECQF Game 1: Rangers @ Canadiens | 7 PM EST | CBC, NBCSN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Honestly I don't think the Rangers should be *too* happy. Their offense was pretty non-existent as well, and man their PP was trash. But you're always happen to come away with the W.

RBNY

Nov 25, 2016
Montreal is in trouble already.

Their offense is very poor and only had a brief stretch in the second period where they had any sustained offensive pressure. Otherwise they have had little possession and have been pinned back in their own end for most of the game.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
He's been solid but I agree he hasn't had to do all that much. Montreal has made it relatively easy for him

Lundqvist made the best save of the game.

Price faced a fair number of low danger shots too. Its not like the Rangers overly tested him.

Cannot take anything away from Henrik. He was the difference maker. Best player on the ice from either team.

If Lundqvist plays at his prime level, it nullifies the difference in goal and becomes a series on depth.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Jesus, I wasn't impressed with either team here. The rangers just sucked less I suppose

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Honestly I don't think the Rangers should be *too* happy. Their offense was pretty non-existent as well, and man their PP was trash. But you're always happen to come away with the W.

Period one belonged to the Habs, second and third belonged to the Rangers. They had tons of chances in the second, it could have been over in the second.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
What a psychological huge suckerpunch to the mouth of the Habs. Maybe now their fans can tone it down just a little bit and stop talking so much nonsense like they have been spilling for the past week. SHUT THE **** OUT to start the playoffs AT HOME. HUUUUUUUUUSH.
Other than that. GG HABS BROS

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That Tanner Glass goal was a junk softy on Price.

Montreal is the most overrated team in the league and has been for quite some time. I still picked them to win in 7 though, but just seeing them in this game made me remember why as recent as last week, I was picking the Rangers in 6.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Habs are going to do this every game it's a short series.

Might be the only first round sweep. The Carey Price is God spheel will die out quickly after this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad