GDT: ECQF Game 1|Pittsburgh Penguins (2) vs. New York Rangers (3)|4.13.16|20:07 EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Stannis

Jun 14, 2007
Erie PA, USA
I really wish Crosby would take over a playoff game. I know he missed a shot earlier but other than that I only remember him making a silly behind the back pass down low.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Henrik always really overreacts as well. Consider that.

Getting a stick in the eye is rarely overreacting. I am pretty sure half of it is initial shock. One of those places you do not want to be hit.

Horrible period. Got it going a bit after the Rangers PP, hope most of the jitters are gone and they can get going, since Zatkoff made sure the Penguins did not pay for their lacklustre start.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
First period was not exactly a clinic for the Pens. But they are starting to get the legs and feet moving and expect to see the benefit of the speed going forward.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I really wish Crosby would take over a playoff game. I know he missed a shot earlier but other than that I only remember him making a silly behind the back pass down low.

He needs the linemates to get into a groove.
Kunitz-Horny are not gonna be those linemates.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
He took too long to make a decision if he was coming back into the net. Nobody was booing the injury, get real people.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Problem is, it's Lundqvist, he's a flopping whiner of the highest order. Boy who cried wolf, if you will.

My assumption is that he thought it was a Pens' stick and was trying to buy a major. A stick to the face would have garnered a mark. A stick to the eye would have garnered a very red eye and likely too blurry/painful to continue that soon.

exactly, he has done the same thing so many times. always so dramatic. only guy that'll look dead and then be playing 60 seconds later. serves him right that the Pens scored at the end there. loved that effort.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Problem is, it's Lundqvist, he's a flopping whiner of the highest order. Boy who cried wolf, if you will.

My assumption is that he thought it was a Pens' stick and was trying to buy a major. A stick to the face would have garnered a mark. A stick to the eye would have garnered a very red eye and likely too blurry/painful to continue that soon.

It's not implausible.

At the same time, it's the eye . . . you tend to overreact. Listening to Anson Carter here, and I think he's probably right . . . the eye is a place where, if you get hit, no matter how innocuous, it's scary the way your eye waters.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Huge to get that goal. Breathing room that hopefully calms some nerves in that room.

I'm telling ya...Sheary wants to prove he belongs. He could be 2016's Talbot. This kid's speed, energy, and skill set could be absolute money. Run Kunitz and Sundy on the 4th.

Keep your eye (lol) on this kid.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
did lundqvist really look any better than zatkoff? pens had way less chances but still plenty of dangerous shots. most shots seemed dangerous, really

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Also. I give no ****s. Do you know how many "Crosby is a baby," nonsense I have to hear when he gets injured in a completely reasonable way? Puck to teeth, etc? Everyone cheered then. So **** Lundqvist. He is a baby. He wasn't bleeding. It was a flop and he is a piss baby.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I wonder if it's related to playing with Kunitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad