BRUINS GDT ECQF Game 1 - 8/12 11:08 AM - Whalercanes vs BRUINS - NESN, SN, SN4K, NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
We could've started at 10:30 and played the game. NHL is dumb.

The ice would be absolute crap - even worse than it has been. Crew now has 12+ hours to fix it. I'm 90% sure that Carlo was taken out of the playoffs in 2018 near the Olympia doors at the Garden because of bad ice...don't want a repeat.

It sucks but it sucks for both teams. It sucks for many fans who could have stayed up until 2 but it's great for those couldn't and who now can watch the second period during lunch. It's a crappy circumstance and there's no perfect solution.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Most games coming up have a 4, 4.5 or 5 hour buffer. A game just going to OT immediately affects the 4 hour buffer (2 hours 20 minutes is a regular game length for a non-OT game + 18 minute intermission + 87.5 min turnover into new game = 4 hours, 5.5 minutes). NHL really didn't think this out well.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
If I learned anything tonight, it's that the Bruins have one of the more boring social media personas. The Canes and Jackets have infinitely more entertaining Twitter handlers.

Reactions: MustardStew

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Game over. It's 9:25pm. Could have started at 11pm, just a tad later than many West Coast games. Stupid.
It had more to do with the quality of the ice than the time of night. That was almost three games in a row with no break other than intermissions.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
i know people have way bigger problems to deal with but I live in Denver. Game was supposed to be at 6PM for me. Left work a little early giving myself time to grill steaks and be ready for the game. Then it gets moved to 9AM MST so I need to decide if I go into work late or just go to work and probably just have the game spoiled. It's a really busy time at work right now so I'm feeling the pressure to just go in early and work a normal day so this really sucks. I'm so sick of this f***ing pandemic.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If I learned anything tonight, it's that the Bruins have one of the more boring social media personas. The Canes and Jackets have infinitely more entertaining Twitter handlers.

That Carolina post was a bit overdone, no thanks. That market tries too hard for its casual fans especially with the post-win bowling nonsense.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Why couldn't they move the Game 1 slot to Saturday, August 22 and the Game 7 slot to Monday, August 24?

x93m6HH.jpg

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Why couldn't they move the Game 1 slot to Saturday, August 22 and the Game 7 slot to Monday, August 24?

x93m6HH.jpg

August 24 is protected - just like yesterday. No games between rounds. Imagine the Bruins having round 2 on the 25th against a team that finished in 4 games.

It would be nice for the NHL to strongly consider changing our game on the 20th to the 21st so we only have 1 B2B. But that involves pulling the strings at all 16 RSNs that are showing games for potentially changing times of their games.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
August 24 is protected - just like yesterday. No games between rounds. Imagine the Bruins having round 2 on the 25th against a team that finished in 4 games.

It would be nice for the NHL to strongly consider changing our game on the 20th to the 21st so we only have 1 B2B. But that involves pulling the strings at all 16 RSNs that are showing games for potentially changing times of their games.
Can't they work around that though? The Bruins/Canes are the middle teams for seeding, so whichever the other 2nd round series is will still be set. Why can't they just play that other series on the 25th and start the Bruins/Canes vs. whoever series on the 26th?

If 1, 2, 3 win it would be 2 vs. 3 and 1 vs. 4/5. If 2, 6, 8 win, you could do 2 vs. 8 first then 4/5 vs. 6 after.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Can't they work around that though? The Bruins/Canes are the middle teams for seeding, so whichever the other 2nd round series is will still be set. Why can't they just play that other series on the 25th and start the Bruins/Canes vs. whoever series on the 26th?

If 1, 2, 3 win it would be 2 vs. 3 and 1 vs. 4/5. If 2, 6, 8 win, you could do 2 vs. 8 first then 4/5 vs. 6 after.

It gives the schedulers less flexibility I would guess. Plus it could be in the RTP version of the CBA - "one day off for all teams between rounds". I know in the regular NHL season there are rules/guidelines about back-to-backs being a certain number of hours apart - you can do 1 in the afternoon and then 7 at night but not vice versa. Could be the same idea here.

Plus it comes down to ratings - monday is a pit probably. And once released they want to keep the schedule as fixed as possible - advertising specific dates and letting viewers plan their schedules.

Reactions: Trap Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad