BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 1 7:08 PM - BRUINS at Whalercanes - NESN, ESPN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
0CE4301B-959D-4B22-9992-D625027BFFD7.jpeg

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
From someone who didn't/still doesn't want the Ullmark signing he wasn't the problem tonight. Canes were winning this one with just about anybody in net.

And if the Bruins got an all time performance in net and won they certainly wouldn't have deserved it.
The BRUINS prove time and again how meaningless the 'shots on goal' stat is.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I would sit Nosek and Foligno for Wags and Blidh next game

I would put back the perfection line

On the PP stop with the bs entry. Doesnt work. Go back to dump and chase. Win the puck possession the classic way

Cassidy better wake up

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Stop posting stuff like this. Destroys the narrative that this is an even matchup.

Give me a break.

Bruins got the better chances and a Hall post from 2-2 before Canes scored on their 1st shot in the 3rd then a gift from Ullmark and finally an EN goal.

Don’t let the score fool you. Canes very happy to be up 1-0 and scoring 5 with so few scoring chances all night.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Hall and debrusk the only 2 forwards that showed up. Bergy marchy pasta were turn over machines. This was not on ullmark at all. Coyle is completely nonexistent. They got a lot of work to do, but they can turn it around.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Two ways to look at this…

The Bruins didn’t play their best and hung around most of the game.

Or Carolina didn’t play their best, let the Bruins hang around, and then beat them 5-1 in the end.

Either way, I don’t think they’re winning a game this series. Hope they prove me wrong.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bruins are one of the top, if not the top, expected goals for/60 teams.

Dead last in shooting %

It's honestly impressive
I think it definitely speaks to the lack of goalscorers the team has.

Hall isn't a goalscorer, he can score, but not a goalscorer. Pasta is but he hasn't been the same for a while.

Marchand can be, but hasn't been for a while. Coyle isn't, craig smith isn't anymore. JDB can be when on a streak. Haula when he is set up can score but he's not known for it.

We have a lot of guys who will eventually get into a scoring position to take a "high danger" shot but because we don't have finishers it hits the logo.

Idk

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I would sit Nosek and Foligno for Wags and Blidh next game

I would put back the perfection line

On the PP stop with the bs entry. Doesnt work. Go back to dump and chase. Win the puck possession the classic way

Cassidy better wake up
Nosek was fine. Put Blidh on his line for Foligno.

Frederic bigger issue IMO. He creates no space on that line, has stone hands, and doesn't even pick his spots properly.

At least Wagner is going to hit everything in sight.

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad