Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 5/2 7:08 PM - THE BEAR dreams of roast pig - NESN, ESPN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
is it? I would expect fewer PPs in the playoffs and the 5v5 forecheck & neutral zone pressure of the Canes is going to be the biggest problem the Bruins need to solve in this series. Reilly is the much better puck mover. Plus Lindholm can eat most of Forbort's PK minutes.

He's a much better puck mover, but as we've seen he's gotten in the doghouse lately with bad turnovers and untimely penalties. This is where coaches decisions matter. My thought is that a Reilly/Clifton combo may not be his first choice since they both, at times, try to provide too much entertainment factor for playoff game 1. We'll see.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I know nobody wants to hear this, but I think at some point it will become apparent that Reilly should play in this series over Forbort. I expect Forbort to buckle under the forechecking pressure of the Canes and think Reilly has a better chance of moving the puck consistently out of the zone under that pressure. We'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong b/c obviously Forbort is dressing in game 1. If I'm right then that means they are getting off on the wrong foot.
I think your concerns and post are valid, but I believe in the playoffs where refs let a lot more go, Forbort is the better choice. He can make life tough in front of the net without drawing as many penalties as in regular season and obviously the PK is a huge reason for him playing.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
full

Reactions: hrdpuk

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I know nobody wants to hear this, but I think at some point it will become apparent that Reilly should play in this series over Forbort. I expect Forbort to buckle under the forechecking pressure of the Canes and think Reilly has a better chance of moving the puck consistently out of the zone under that pressure. We'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong b/c obviously Forbort is dressing in game 1. If I'm right then that means they are getting off on the wrong foot.
Reilly is an abslute defensive liability and he makes me nervous

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Nino Niedereiter is going to be the villain this series. Have a feeling we see some fireworks

Nino has always been a guy I think would be perfect for Boston. He's got good size at 6'2/215lb, can give you 20g/20a, plays with some nasty and likes to throw the body. He's basically what I hope Frederic turns into.

Reactions: TSBruins13 and BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
just a reminder...
Bs went 4-0 outscoring the Canes 18-6 in the 2008-2009 season, only to lose to them in 7 games in the 2nd round.
So yeah- regular season in the NHL doesnt mean squat. We all should know that by now.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Forbort will be an issue with Canes speed and forecheck. but Reilly is no better. If anyone plays over Forbort I would play Ahcan.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Forbort will be an issue with Canes speed and forecheck. but Reilly is no better. If anyone plays over Forbort I would play Ahcan.
In my opinion there is no point to having Reilly in the lineup.
He is not playoff caliber.
He runs does everything he can to avoid physical confrontations and has regressed to committing multiple high-sticking penalties in recent games.
He is a mess, and he will hurt the team.
Forbort plays a quieter, more composed game and is a better choice.

Reactions: hrdpuk

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good luck y’all, should be fun.

I’m taking the title of this thread as an admission that, regardless of the outcome of the series, Carolina’s regional cuisine reigns supreme (even the Bear is craving it!) :laugh:

I took 3 weeks off in November to go chill at an Airbnb in Topsail and all I did was eat Eastern Carolina style pulled pork, I don’t think we have anything that matches up to it here.

the difference in hockey quality, however, remains to be seen ;)

Playoffs are a new beast

Reactions: sooshii

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think your concerns and post are valid, but I believe in the playoffs where refs let a lot more go, Forbort is the better choice. He can make life tough in front of the net without drawing as many penalties as in regular season and obviously the PK is a huge reason for him playing.
There is no statistical difference in number of penalties called in the regular season versus the playoffs.

Reactions: sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad