Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 5/2 7:08 PM - THE BEAR dreams of roast pig - NESN, ESPN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
more than anything i'm just excited to see what a healthy, improved Bruins team looks like against this Canes team. On paper they are a stylistic matchup nightmare for the Bruins, but those 3 losses were before the Bruins lineup really fell into place (and Lindholm was added). I really think this Bruins team has been a sleep giant all year. Just quietly figuring things out, building chemistry, and since Jan 1 just winning consistently. I'm trying not to let my homer bias get me carried away, but I feel like this team could really do some damage.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
more than anything i'm just excited to see what a healthy, improved Bruins team looks like against this Canes team. On paper they are a stylistic matchup nightmare for the Bruins, but those 3 losses were before the Bruins lineup really fell into place (and Lindholm was added). I really think this Bruins team has been a sleep giant all year. Just quietly figuring things out, building chemistry, and since Jan 1 just winning consistently. I'm trying not to let my homer bias get me carried away, but I feel like this team could really do some damage.
The east is a nightmare - this run will not be a 2019 path unfortunately. There will be a different challenge each opponent... For Carolina, move the puck quick and transition.

Similar to NYI but faster, and much better. That forecheck can win a game on its own. McAvoy, Lindholm, Gryz, and Clifton gives us some hope with transitioning from defense to offense.

Canary Bruin

May 20, 2021
Man, I get so ridiculously excited this time of year! It's hilarious how the Cup drags back out your 10 year old self - dizzy with hope, falling asleep and awakening with lineups running through your brain and the endless predicting and projecting despite the fact that you always end up telling yourself not to do it ever again after watching the Bs crash out!

It'll be fascinating to see how the Canes cope with the favourites tag.

Praying that the boys can give Patrice one last big shot at the Cup.

From Britain 🇬🇧 with love ❤️ ... let's go Bs!!!

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The east is a nightmare - this run will not be a 2019 path unfortunately. There will be a different challenge each opponent... For Carolina, move the puck quick and transition.

Similar to NYI but faster, and much better. That forecheck can win a game on its own. McAvoy, Lindholm, Gryz, and Clifton gives us some hope with transitioning from defense to offense.
I know nobody wants to hear this, but I think at some point it will become apparent that Reilly should play in this series over Forbort. I expect Forbort to buckle under the forechecking pressure of the Canes and think Reilly has a better chance of moving the puck consistently out of the zone under that pressure. We'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong b/c obviously Forbort is dressing in game 1. If I'm right then that means they are getting off on the wrong foot.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I know nobody wants to hear this, but I think at some point it will become apparent that Reilly should play in this series over Forbort. I expect Forbort to buckle under the forechecking pressure of the Canes and think Reilly has a better chance of moving the puck consistently out of the zone under that pressure. We'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong b/c obviously Forbort is dressing in game 1. If I'm right then that means they are getting off on the wrong foot.

Forbort Mostly in for PK duty which is the right call.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Forbort is a beast on the PK, that's why he plays.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011

i sure hope Carlo doesn't freeze the puck on retrieval instead of moving it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If the GDT looks a little off my apologies. The new board is an absolute nightmare when using BB coding.

I've solved my issue so game 2 will be better

Reactions: HustleB

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH

I hope this isn't a boring series where the Bs just get suffocated every game. This is what happens every time they play a team that is a heavy forecheck, has speed, and plays tightly. The games are very, very frustrating to watch. Hopefully Cassidy finally learned how to adapt.....

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
The Canes' are going to get their chances. They're fast and have size. Where the Bruins can shine is through their leadership. They need to not get rattled, and keep their gaps tight to prevent speed through the neutral zone, and keep their feet moving in support for clean breakouts. Carolina's bottom 6 scares me a bit. That might present a problem in terms of matchups. Fast, Nino, Staal and Necas are solid players and can pot a few. Our bottom 6 needs to win those matchups when they're on the ice with those guys and let our top 6 do top 6 things. I hate this matchup, but if the B's can steal one in Raleigh and hit this young Carolina team with some doubt, the Bruins have a shot.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think Reilly is great when he's playing well, but really really bad when he's off. Forbort is just a safer pick. Reilly reminds me of Dennis Wideman without a wrist shot

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Forbort Mostly in for PK duty which is the right call.
is it? I would expect fewer PPs in the playoffs and the 5v5 forecheck & neutral zone pressure of the Canes is going to be the biggest problem the Bruins need to solve in this series. Reilly is the much better puck mover. Plus Lindholm can eat most of Forbort's PK minutes.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watching old game today on tv where Lanny wins Cup.NHL needs to look at the old game tapes and how the puck hits mesh and stays in.The way nets are now sucks. Nets are to tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad