Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.8%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 272 17.6%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.2%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 182 11.8%

• Total voters

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m sure this match up will be cordial and respectful between the fanbases!
As it should be.

Half of us are fans of a team that hasn’t won the Stanley Cup in what seems like an eternity. We should absolutely be mindful of their feelings and be kind to them.

And we should be kind to the Leafs fans, too.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
1713626420605.jpeg

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I don't recall ever getting banned but I have been given a good talking to a few times during the playoffs, I am pretty sure those incidents were from the past series vs. Tampa though...so we should be good here.

freddi22cl

Apr 20, 2024
this should be the summer where the Leafs finally abort - build a half decent defense. Vegas' 3rd line pairing is better than Toronto's 1st line pairing

keefe gone
marner- gone --get rid of this softie

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Reily is really good but his partner on the first pairing is Lyubushkin ? The hell ?

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
People suggest that all of the pressure is on the Leafs but Boston has been dropped in the First Round in back to back playoffs, including after a 135 point season and their own collapse to FLA last year.

For all the history of the Bruins success they have one Cup (plus a loss in the Finals) over the last 52 years. They definitely have a winning culture with their teams, but they feel pressure too.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
this should be the summer where the Leafs finally abort - build a half decent defense. Vegas' 3rd line pairing is better than Toronto's 1st line pairing

keefe gone
marner- gone --get rid of this softie

I mean the Leafs could make a better 1st pair with Rielly-McCabe if they wanted to, they spread out their best defensemen. It should definitely be improved but just looking at the “1st pair” exaggerates the issue.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They were really good last year together. The Boosh allows Reilly a little more freedom.

Would fill me with as much confidence as putting Jani Hakanpää with Harley/Miro would. Absolutely none. Lyubushkin is not a guy i'd want playing anywhere near 20 minutes .

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
If Nylander can't go that's a big loss - and potential match-up advantage for Toronto. I didn't like their chances, regardless, but their avenue to victory was their depth up front and exploiting Boston's lesser players by spreading Matthews/Marner/Nylander across three lines. A Nylander-less third line is decidedly pedestrian.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Would fill me with as much confidence as putting Jani Hakanpää with Harley/Miro would. Absolutely none. Lyubushkin is not a guy i'd want playing anywhere near 20 minutes .

He’s played 15 minutes a game with the Leafs. They run their pairs evenly and mix up the pairings fairly often. No doubt he sucks tho, but he is good at clearing the front of the net, something a guy like Liljegren struggles with

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Since the last playoff series between these two teams, the Leafs core, specifically Matthews, have taken massive strides. He went from a good 1st line centre to an elite one.

Boston has also been depleted. The loss of Bergeron is massive.

All that said...Bruins will probably beat us in 7, as is tradition

Reactions: Summer Rose

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
People suggest that all of the pressure is on the Leafs but Boston has been dropped in the First Round in back to back playoffs, including after a 135 point season and their own collapse to FLA last year.

For all the history of the Bruins success they have one Cup (plus a loss in the Finals) over the last 52 years. They definitely have a winning culture with their teams, but they feel pressure too.

They lost in the Final in 88, 90, 13 and 19.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
He doesn't play the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad