Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Difference is no Boston fan is going to upload that clip months later as evidence that whoever that was is guilty of always getting away with murder.

But in here is all
marcia-jealous.gif

...nd
Sure, no one is going to harass the fan base to the point where they need go up load a clip. Though no-one ever claimed that anyone got away with murder in a hockey game.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Difference is no Boston fan is going to upload that clip months later as evidence that whoever that was is guilty of always getting away with murder.

But in here is all
marcia-jealous.gif

...nd

That isn’t a difference. No penalty because there was no penalty. Duh

Bruins should sit Marchand and pasta and coyle and swayman, just not difference makers and the team would probably play better not having to rely on them while they can’t produce in the playoffs.

Take a page out of Toronto’s book, who are obviously realizing that Matthews has been holding them back.

Move on from the players holding you guys back, too and you might just not choke away this series

Amirite, Boston fans?

Reactions: PromisedLand

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
It's fun though, usually game 7 is more about who's going to win and move on, but this year the focus is all about who is going to be the team to lose because a major teardown and blowup is going to happen to whoever gets eliminated here

I'm not so sure that is going to be the case if Toronto does manage to pull it off.

You look at Boston as a team, they're really not in "bad" shape. They're just a little light on skill up front.

However, they've got over $20m in cap space for next year, without a ton of major holes to fill. Yes, Debrusk is a UFA and Swayman an RFA; but that stil leaves space to make a reasonably impactful addition or two.

Plus, the bulk of their team is still very much on the right side of 30. Pasta 27, Zacha 27, Debrusk 27, Frederic 26, Geekie 25, Beecher 23, McAvoy 26, Lindholm 30, Carlo 27, Peeke 26, Swayman 25

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
This Boston core hasn't won any game 7's vs Toronto

No Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, Rask, all guys that were more important to those wins than Marchand and Pasta.

This is not the same Boston team.

Pasta, Marchand were their two leading scorers the last two times these teams met in game 7, McAvoy already transitioning to be their top Defenseman.

They were absolutely already well part of the core when they beat the Leafs back to back.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
You either accept recency bias or you don't, what you don't do is pick and choose which one you like and which one you don't.

Or you can of course, but then you look silly

I don't see a strong correlation between this Leafs team and a Panthers team they steamrolled the entire Eastern conference last season en route to the Stanley Cup Finals.

"choking" to Florida is not the same as blowing a 3-1 lead to this mediocre, beaten up Toronto Maple Leafs team who has shown time and time again they aren't capable of winning in this stop against these very same players.

It really isn't all that complex.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
The Leafs fan in me can't help but think I'm just getting set up for a much harder shot to the nuts in game 7 than it would have been if they lost in 5 or 6. I know you aren't a Leafs fan but my god would I be happy if they found a way to actually break through this year and at least get over the Bruins demons.

I hear you partner, and for the leaf fans like you - the rational, non-obnoxious types (god knows we got em too), I’ll almost be happy for you

Good luck tomorrow night

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not so sure that is going to be the case if Toronto does manage to pull it off.

You look at Boston as a team, they're really not in "bad" shape. They're just a little light on skill up front.

However, they've got over $20m in cap space for next year, without a ton of major holes to fill. Yes, Debrusk is a UFA and Swayman an RFA; but that stil leaves space to make a reasonably impactful addition or two.

Plus, the bulk of their team is still very much on the right side of 30. Pasta 27, Zacha 27, Debrusk 27, Frederic 26, Geekie 25, Beecher 23, McAvoy 26, Lindholm 30, Carlo 27, Peeke 26, Swayman 25
It will be an indictment on the coaching staff and leadership core to blow two 3-1 leads in consecutive years. Monty is gone and at least one of the supposed core pieces gets dealt if they lose.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Prediction for game 7.

Pasta with a goal and an assist. Boston wins 3-0. They stifle all of the leafs offense Ina tight checking affair but score early and hang onto the lead potting an empty netter or two..

They go on to get destroyed by Florida, the leafs finally fire Keefe in the off season.

Matthews will finally let people know he is concussed.

Reactions: TimeZone

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Prediction for game 7.

Pasta with a goal and an assist. Boston wins 3-0. They stifle all of the leafs offense Ina tight checking affair but score early and hang onto the lead potting an empty netter or two..

They go on to get destroyed by Florida, the leafs finally fire Keefe in the off season.

Matthews will finally let people know he is concussed.

Sounds about right

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not remotely a penalty. Time to move on from this phantom Wes Hates Toronto narrative.

Leafs playoff record with Wes reffing the game is 0-9

This isn't a co-incidence, There is a personal conflict of interest for Wes against Keefe. It is well documented. And the results when Wes has reffed leafs playoff games is pretty evident

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Rule Books once again thrown out the door for a Bruin. How pathetic is this?

The refs should be embarrassed. Tackling players and blocking their access to get off the ice is pathetic. They're the ones who should be suspended ;)

Maybe you should take Nylander's advice: Quit your crying bro.

This isn't a co-incidence, There is a personal conflict of interest for Wes against Keefe. It is well documented. And the results when Wes has reffed leafs playoff games is pretty evident
You had Bruin hater Rooney in game 6. It all evens out.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Wes McCauley not refing today

They're saving Sheldon Keefe's biggest hater for Game 7 as per usual

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Bruins struggled through Kozari and Rooney the last two games. Toronto will be fine.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Toronto has been receiving favorable officiating the last three games. The whining is tremendous.
They tackle Bruins players, block the Bruins bench door which could have drawn a too many men against us, had 1 powerplay last game and the Bruins are the ones getting away with something. You can't make this up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad