ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Leafs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I can’t believe that people think the Leafs dominated this game. There were two instances in which the game was tied and in both cases, Boston controlled the flow of play quickly scored two goals. Outside of that, Boston had a 2 goal lead for nearly the entire game. As soon as Toronto made it a 1 goal game near the end, Boston completely took over the game and shut the Maple Leafs down for the last 5 minutes. This is a pretty classic playoff win where the shot count is heavily driven by score effects. That’s it. Boston was better.

They really were. When Boston wanted to turn it up a notch they did. When they gave up the blueline shot, they held the Leafs to having their D with the game on their stick.

Boston's PP 2/2.
Leafs PP 1/3.

Again, close 5 on five but the special teams went in the Bruins favour tonight.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Toronto fans in the 1st period after two BS interference calls on the B’s that led to a Leafs goal (right after the PP ended):

“Glad to see the refs finally calling that f***ing shit. About time.”

Toronto fans after Matthews gets called for hitting McAvoy in the mouth, which led to a B’s PP goal (the 4th):

“What the f*** ref???!!!!. How can you call that ticky-tac stuff in a huge playoff game?”

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Super frustrating.

Leafs played really damn well in this one, but too many brain farts.

Brown's penalty, even though it was a dive, was killer. uphill battle after that.

But the leafs were the better team in this one, and that makes 3 of 4 games now.

Feeling really good going into game 5. Totally different dynamic than last year.

Depends how you look at it. If you are implying the Bruins have not played their best games yet, I agree with you. Then they must feel good about their chances too because when they do, their w-l record should look even better. Now especially since they regained home ice advantage back.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
2-2 Series.

Better team won each time.

My guess is Bruins take 5, Leafs take 6 and it's a coin toss going into seven.

I'd even wager one more:

The team leading going into the third period of game 7 will lose that lead and lose the series.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Question. Can HF put the "Matthews doesn't show up in the playoffs" to bed?

He was 100% missing in Boston.

To his credit the home advantage of line changes is something he took advantage of in game 3 and 4.

But theres nooo way I'm ready to say hes a playoff performer.

Next 2 of the 3 is in Boston. Lets see what he does.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
2-2 Series.

Better team won each time.

My guess is Bruins take 5, Leafs take 6 and it's a coin toss going into seven.

I'd even wager one more:

The team leading going into the third period of game 7 will lose that lead and lose the series.

Plot twist- neither team going into the third period of game 7 will even have a lead to lose.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Toronto fans in the 1st period after two BS interference calls on the B’s that led to a Leafs goal (right after the PP ended):

“Glad to see the refs finally calling that f***ing ****. About time.”

Toronto fans after Matthews gets called for hitting McAvoy in the mouth, which led to a B’s PP goal (the 4th):

“What the f*** ref???!!!!. How can you call that ticky-tac stuff in a huge playoff game?”

Because the last time there was a roughing penalty called the Leaf player on the receiving end ended up getting a matching penalty for nothing.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Freddy A is terrible .

It was a run and gun game which fits the leafs style...

Their goalie just let them down.

Just horrible.
Disagree. D in front of him gave him no help. 4 out of the 5 goals would have required 10 bell saves to stop. Last goal either gets blocked in front or misses the net 9/10 times. Bad break there

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
the fact that you are pretending stats you always use now don't matter tells us all we need to know.

stick to telling us about your worldbeating sharks.

I actually am generally against the use of advanced stats on a single game basis because they’re so heavily influenced by score effects. Since you want to bring up the Sharks to detract from your false statement (which you made), one reason that I don’t like using advanced stats on a single game basis is because the Sharks were 15-5-2 in the games where they were under 50% CF.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

'Quality looks.'

Again, the Bruins willingly gave up the points and zone possession to eliminate the chance of one of the elite Leafs forwards having the puck down low with the open chance. Matthews had to be perfect on that shot off the crossbar and even then that was a tough angle to get it that close.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Disagree. D in front of him gave him no help. 4 out of the 5 goals would have required 10 bell saves to stop. Last goal either gets blocked in front or misses the net 9/10 times. Bad break there

It evened out I counted 10 FAT rebounds to the slot that his defence saved his bacon on.

His rebound control was ECHL level tonight

cbbb25

Jan 17, 2012
Better team won.

Bruins have a more talented team, and a hungrier team.

Simple.

Not wrong Leafs are a poor mans washington capitals, regular season heroes but playoff no shows. The Sabres will win a series before the Leafs haha. The leafs have once again rebuilt/built a crap team.

Reactions: Oates2Neely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad