ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Leafs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I can’t believe that people think the Leafs dominated this game. There were two instances in which the game was tied and in both cases, Boston controlled the flow of play quickly scored two goals. Outside of that, Boston had a 2 goal lead for nearly the entire game. As soon as Toronto made it a 1 goal game near the end, Boston completely took over the game and shut the Maple Leafs down for the last 5 minutes. This is a pretty classic playoff win where the shot count is heavily driven by score effects. That’s it. Boston was better.

I know your sharks are upsetting you, but do you really have to be so transparent as to throw out the stats you've always used, now when you need to spin something? you know about score adjustements. you already looked at them for this game. don't pretend they don't exist.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
I mean come on, who the heck is shocked that this is tied at 2 after 4 games. Just two elite teams going back and forth, we are in for a great finish.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I mean come on, who the heck is shocked that this is tied at 2 after 4 games. Just two elite teams going back and forth, we are in for a great finish.

Not me.

After game 2, I thought this would resemble game 3 and yesterday was game 4.

It played out in reverse with BOS not up 2-1 but the series still tied.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I can’t believe that people think the Leafs dominated this game. There were two instances in which the game was tied and in both cases, Boston controlled the flow of play quickly scored two goals. Outside of that, Boston had a 2 goal lead for nearly the entire game. As soon as Toronto made it a 1 goal game near the end, Boston completely took over the game and shut the Maple Leafs down for the last 5 minutes. This is a pretty classic playoff win where the shot count is heavily driven by score effects. That’s it. Boston was better.
Yah but aesthetically the Leafs where the better team/dominated/controlled play/*insert cliche*

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009

Maybe when it was 5-2, but if you think score effects had anything to do with the comeback from 2-0 you're nuts. Especially given that one was a fluke after Zaitsev took a shot off of his wrist and couldn't hold his stick to cover Marchand. It's a bit ridiculous to think a team like Boston got overly comfortable after that.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Leafs should have won this. Chara goal was back breaker.

I disagree. They didn't respond to the line changes and PP and for the first time the Bruins willingly adjusted and gave the Leafs the shot from the point. The Bruins were happy to have the shot coming from Dermott, Reilly and company instead of off the rush from the Leafs forwards.

Give up the blueline and point shot but protect the down low pressure and shot off the rush. It seemed like the entire second period was the Leafs D shooting from the point but they weren't a concern tonight.

Plus, Pastrnak woke up.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
GG Boston. They capitalized on their chances. Leafs didn't. I said before that who ever won game 4 would take the series. I stand by that statement but hope that I am wrong.

I predicted sorta the same thing except I said who ever wins game 7 wins the series

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I know your sharks are upsetting you, but do you really have to be so transparent as to throw out the stats you've always used, now when you need to spin something? you know about score adjustements. you already looked at them for this game. don't pretend they don't exist.

This thread has nothing to do with the Sharks.

Score adjustments don’t tell the full story in this case and they frequently don’t in multi-goal games. I watched this game, Toronto didn’t dominate at all. They controlled most of the shots but they gave up more grade A than they created.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
At this rate, I’d be surprised if we have handshakes on Sunday. This series just FEELS too good to end in 6.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Huge credit to Marchand.

He needed to step up and he did. The rest of the team didn't play great, but he was awesome.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Look, I would have liked to see the Leafs go up 3-1 (I think they’re due and Boston has had it way too good these past few months), but I was a realist about tonight.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Score adjustments don’t tell the full story in this case and they frequently don’t in multi-goal games. I watched this game, Toronto didn’t dominate at all. They controlled most of the shots but they gave up more grade A than they created.

the fact that you are pretending stats you always use now don't matter tells us all we need to know.

stick to telling us about your worldbeating sharks.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009

According to NST the Leafs were still better after adjusting for score and venue.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Has he?

He's certainly played a bit better...but two tap ins and a gift of a goal by Rask aren't exactly awe inspiring.

After what happened last year vs BOS...... you take what you can get at this point. 2 tap ins is still way more than his output a year ago.

I mean, he’s not pulling a Stamkos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad