Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt2.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2013 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS
GAME #7 - 5/13/2013

@
(3) ____________ (3)

TIME | 8:00 PM ET ARENA | VERIZON CENTER - WASHINGTON, DC TV | MSG, NBCSN, TSN, RDS2, CSN-DC

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - MyP2P - STREAMO - KS.com: 720p (VLC Player required) | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

You don’t always have to end up on the scoresheet. I think I played pretty well, I still think I can do better.
I feel I’ve gotten better and better but that’s to be expected as long as I was injured. I’m just ready for the challenge tomorrow. That’s all I care about.
- Derek Dorsett

We needed it and I can't wait to go to Washington and play another Game 7. There was a lot of desperation out there. We showed a lot of character and we worked really hard.
The last couple shifts, it was that type of game where we paid the price, big blocks and played physical all night. Great win.
- Henrik Lundqvist

The regular-season stuff means nothing, you make your legacy as a player in these type of situations.
A number of our guys last year had a blast playing in these games. Some guys handle it. Some guys don't.
I don't want to use that, this is what you play for, but that's what you play for, is to get yourself into this type of situation and see what type of character you have as a player and as a team.
- John Tortorella

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="WASHINGTON CAPITALS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 6 | GF | 12
W | 3 | GA | 11
L | 3 | GF/G | 2.00
HOME | 3-0 | GA/G | 1.83
AWAY | 0-3 | PIM/G | 10.3
STREAK | L1 | PP% | 21.4
FO% | 49.3 | PK% | 92.3

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Mike Green | 2 Assists | Perreault, Ward | 3 Points | Green, Perreault, Ward | 4 + / - | Karl Alzner | +4 Shots | Alex Ovechkin | 29 Hits | Alex Ovechkin | 21 Blocks | John Carlson | 22 PIM | Brouwer, Ward | 6 FO% | Nicklas Backstrom | 54.0 TOI/G F: | Alex Ovechkin | 21:00 TOI/G D: | Mike Green | 25:34

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Marcus Johansson | Nicklas Backstrom (A) | Alex Ovechkin (C)
Eric Fehr | Mike Ribeiro | Troy Brouwer
Jason Chimera | Mathieu Perreault | Joel Ward
Matt Hendricks | Jay Beagle | Tom Wilson

LD | RD
Karl Alzner | Mike Green (A)
John Erskine | John Carlson
Jack Hillen | Steven Oleksy

Scratched
Joey Crabb|
Philipp Grubauer|
Tomas Kundratek|
Dmitry Orlov|
Cameron Schilling|
Nate Schmidt|
Aaron Volpatti|
Jeff Schultz|
Wojtek Wolski|

STARTING GOALIE:

HoltbyBraden1.png

Braden Holtby

GPI: 6 | W: 3 | L: 3
SV% .938 | GAA: 1.77 | SO: 1 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Martin Erat | Wrist (DTD)
Tom Poti | Back (IR)
Brooks Laich | Groin (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 6 | GF | 11
W | 3 | GA | 12
L | 3 | GF/G | 1.83
HOME | 3-0 | GA/G | 2.00
AWAY | 0-3 | PIM/G | 6.3
STREAK | W1 | PP% | 7.7
FO% | 50.7 | PK% | 78.6

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Boyle, Brassard, Step | 2 Assists | Derick Brassard | 5 Points | Derick Brassard | 7 + / - | Dan Girardi | +4 Shots | Rick Nash | 20 Hits | Ryan Callahan | 28 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 21 PIM | Callahan, Dorsett | 6 FO% | Brian Boyle | 54.9 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 23:48 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 26:54

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Carl Hagelin | Derek Stepan | Ryan Callahan (C)
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Derek Dorsett | Brian Boyle | Taylor Pyatt
Chris Kreider | Brad Richards (A) | Arron Asham

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Michael Del Zotto | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Steve Eminger

Scratched
Matt Gilroy|
Roman Hamrlik|
Kris Newbury|
Micheal Haley|
Stu Bickel|
Ryan Bourque|
Brandon Mashinter|
Dylan McIlrath|
Jason Missiaen|
J.T. Miller|
Brandon Segal|
Christian Thomas|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 6 | W: 3 | L: 3
SV% .937 | GAA: 1.91 | SO: 1 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ryane Clowe | Upper body (DTD)
Darroll Powe | Upper body (DTD)
Marc Staal | Vision issues (DTD)
Mike Sauer | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

banner22nx.png

Heads Up: The GDT is work in progress.

Last edited:

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
LGR!

Kind of scary to see MDZ slotted into the top 4...

All I'm asking for is to put the close encounters of the 4th kind (Ribeiro) on his ass. Anything else is gravy, I didn't like that cross check he gave to Stralman.

Watch out for Boyle, and Moore tonight!

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
LGR!

Kind of scary to see MDZ slotted into the top 4...

All I'm asking for is to put the close encounters of the 4th kind (Ribeiro) on his ass. Anything else is gravy, I didn't like that cross check he gave to Stralman.

Watch out for Boyle, and Moore tonight!

Eh, DZ had a very solid game six, IMO.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Eh, DZ had a very solid game six, IMO.

With Michael, it goes beyond individual games, he still seems too timid in his own zone, often shying away from contact when going to retrieve dump ins. I watch his tendencies and they don't seem to show me a confident player. He is very inconsistent, one play he may throw a big hit, the next he may hesitate to play a puck because he knows a check is coming.

His body language does not reflect a poised, confident defenseman, he seems to be very easily rattled by other players, which I hope he outgrows ASAP. He needs to focus on power skating this summer, and sharpen up on his decision making behind his net.

Also, shot accuracy,but that goes without saying. I remember last year, he had a great game 7 against Ottawa and against the Caps. I still remember that beautiful goal, lets hope he can recapture some of that scoring prowess, he seems very shaky to me.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
With Michael, it goes beyond individual games, he still seems too timid in his own zone, often shying away from contact when going to retrieve dump ins. I watch his tendencies and they don't seem to show me a confident player. He is very inconsistent, one play he may throw a big hit, the next he may hesitate to play a puck because he knows a check is coming.

His body language does not reflect a poised, confident defenseman, he seems to be very easily rattled by other players, which I hope he outgrows ASAP. He needs to focus on power skating this summer, and sharpen up on his decision making behind his net.

Also, shot accuracy,but that goes without saying. I remember last year, he had a great game 7 against Ottawa and against the Caps. I still remember that beautiful goal, lets hope he can recapture some of that scoring prowess, he seems very shaky to me.

Good post. I agree entirely on his inconsistency, especially his poise — one minute he can look like a legitimate top-end puck carrier, and then the next he looks like an average/below-average 2nd pairing D.

That being said, I feel he has limited his mistakes defensively. I'm more worried about him making a dumb decision in the offensive zone at this point — like his play against the Hurricanes, on the Tlusty goal. Even then, those are few and far in between, IMO. He's just a "safe" player at this point, he needs to be more of a factor offensively, and he needs to use his peskiness. He did today, nailing Perrault in the first period.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Good post. I agree entirely on his inconsistency, especially his poise — one minute he can look like a legitimate top-end puck carrier, and then the next he looks like an average/below-average 2nd pairing D.

That being said, I feel he has limited his mistakes defensively. I'm more worried about him making a dumb decision in the offensive zone at this point — like his play against the Hurricanes, on the Tlusty goal. Even then, those are few and far in between, IMO. He's just a "safe" player at this point, he needs to be more of a factor offensively, and he needs to use his peskiness. He did today, nailing Perrault in the first period.

Yes, I agree, we need MDZ to get out of that "safe" mentality and strive to take more risks, put up more points, become more physical.

I feel like Sullivan doesn't see this kids full potential, he can be so much more when his game fully blossoms.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Onslaught please. No overtime coronary inducing nailbiters. I can't take anymore of that ****.

Rick Nash, game winner.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Took the words right out of Tortorella's mouth. Followed by, "we just have to make a big play"

Both are true statements. I don't want them thinking about any of games 1-6. I don't want them thinking about the next round. I don't want them thinking about the post game scrum, or the struggles we've had scoring. Focus on the play at hand, win a hockey game. That's all.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Rangers are 5-5 in game 7's. 5-0 at home. 1991-92 beat the Devils. 1993-94 beat the Devils. 1993-94 beat the Canucks. 2011-12 beat the Senators. 2011-12 beat the Capitals. 0-5 on the road. Lost to Boston(1938-39),Red Wings(1949-50/Cup finals),Black Hawks(1970-71),Flyers(1973-74)and Capitals(2008-09).

The 8pm start gives Henrik some more time to relax. The game ended at 7pm last night. The Leafs-Bruins game ended between 9:30pm-10pm. Their game starts at 7pm tonight. The Rangers were in their hotel rooms by the time the Leafs game ended.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Do things that result in goals.
Do other things that result in stopping goals.
Put them together and win the hockey game.

Prepare for 4-5 WSH PP's. Green. Bombs away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad