Series Discussion: ECQF: (6) New York Rangers vs. (3) Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Ok... Holtby let in a softie to start but he bailed us out plenty of times to keep us in the game. Benching him is not the answer.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I told you, the refs were definitely dropping the puck closer to the Rangers' centers on purpose. They totally would have of won the game if the refs hadn't intentionally screwed them over.

Don't the linesman drop the puck for most of the face-offs?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26320

32.2 Face-offs - The Linesman shall face-off the puck at all times except at the start of each period and following the scoring of a goal.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
cant we just repost forums from years past?? its all the same. they barely change the script. thank god for the sweep by tampa bay. at least there wasnt a two game lead to choke away.

did i hear correctly that hershey choked on a 2-0 lead in a best of 5 and lost?? teaching the young troops early.

this is tiring. on the bright side the indianapolis motor speedway is opening for indy 500 practice shortly and our next trans am series race is coming soon. i can concentrate on that. this caps fan game sucks.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
He means he didn't go back to Theo late in round 2. I mean I wouldn't have even considered it but it's at least a possible change he could have made.
Varly saved his ass in that Rags series. There was no chance he was going back to Theo no matter how obviously Varly was ******** the bed.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Two games in a row the PP didn't adjust to the Rangers PK and they've got 3 shots on the PP the last 2 games. Paging HEAD COACH. Boudreau would be getting the stupid fat pig treatment right now...lol....
If there was a Plan B it would be apparent, no? It seems like yet another case of not being ahead of the curve and planning accordingly. It works, it works, it works! Until it doesn't.
oh come on "Brah".....

<insert stupid Capital One Cup remark that about 5 people get>

:naughty:
BelaruSwag #Swag #Swag/60 #Swag%Close.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I have seen this script before and it always ends in heartbreak. :help:

I can only hope and pray that Oates will get these sad sacks straightened out for game 5.

Also, I'd like to see a fairly reffed game for the next few games. Is that too much to ask?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
cant we just repost forums from years past?? its all the same. they barely change the script. thank god for the sweep by tampa bay. at least there wasnt a two game lead to choke away.

did i hear correctly that hershey choked on a 2-0 lead in a best of 5 and lost?? teaching the young troops early.

this is tiring. on the bright side the indianapolis motor speedway is opening for indy 500 practice shortly and our next trans am series race is coming soon. i can concentrate on that. this caps fan game sucks.

Lol! Here's to hoping we don't repeat years past. It's all on the Caps! They get it done despite the obstacles or go golfing. No excuses!

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
So far neither team has proven it can win on the road in this series. Ovechkin needs to step up next game.

The stupidity (Holtby on the first goal) and the dumb penalties need to end.

Not gonna take credit away from the Rangers but these last two games felt more like the Caps giving them away than the Rangers winning them outright.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I hate the Rangers!

Hate the GM. HATE THE COACH. Hate the Captain. Hate the way they play - it doesn't take talent to block shots. Hate the city they play for.

For the love of God, please put me out of my misery and win 2 of 3.

:handclap:

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The comedy of errors that led to 2 of the goals tonight are easily correctable. Holtby, don't muck around with the puck. Guys, when you have a chance to clear the zone, do that instead of trying to stickhandle through 3 Rangers. Simple as that.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I have seen this script before and it always ends in heartbreak. :help:

I can only hope and pray that Oates will get these sad sacks straightened out for game 5.

Also, I'd like to see a fairly reffed game for the next few games. Is that too much to ask?

Ill settle for a professionally officiated game.

I haven't seem anything like this.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Maybe holtby needs a rest.

Let's start vokoun. I mean neuvy.

The only thing which will make the pain go away is Pens losing tomorrow night.

Speaking of out-of-town scores, where's that poor
canucks fan who jumped on our bandwagon yeaterday? He's like the guy who flew home from the marathon just in time to see the West Texas fertilizer plant blow up.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I still have complete confidence in this team. Our bottom 6 looks great, and our top 6 can't be quiet for much longer. Id take our chances against any team in the east in a best 2/3 with home ice advantage.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Re-enactment of Holtbys play on the first goal:

pDp6mUZ.jpg

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
By the way, that was a seriously panicky, disjointed, non-clutch final minute of play by Caps. I watch these other games, such as Kings-Blues, where a late goal just tied it, or the 6.6 Seconds Debacle last year, or hell, any game where WE are protecting the lead, and they wind up with a collapsed box and a barrage from the point and the goalmouth scramble. Tonight, even against the notoriously collapsing, shotblocking Rags, we couldn't even get set up to start firing. Even just coming out of our zone we looked totally discombobulated. And then there was the perfect splitting of the Dmen on the pass from behind Rags' net.

God i hope the worm turns yetagain when we get back to D.C.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Erat better do something for us next year cause I doubt he's coming back this playoffs, no matter how far we go. Everyday my hate towards that trade grows exponentially. I knew we didn't need him.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
By the way, that was a seriously panicky, disjointed, non-clutch final minute of play by Caps. I watch these other games, such as Kings-Blues, where a late goal just tied it, or the 6.6 Seconds Debacle last year, or hell, any game where WE are protecting the lead, and they wind up with a collapsed box and a barrage from the point and the goalmouth scramble. Tonight, even against the notoriously collapsing, shotblocking Rags, we couldn't even get set up to start firing. Even just coming out of our zone we looked totally discombobulated. And then there was the perfect splitting of the Dmen on the pass from behind Rags' net.

God i hope the worm turns yetagain when we get back to D.C.
That's because no one on the ice wanted the puck on their stick. Green and Hillen actually moving away to avoid the puck coming towards them says it all. #RefsFault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad