Post-Game Talk: ECQF 6 | FLYERS (3) vs. Canadiens (2) | Friday, Aug. 21, 2020 | FLYERS WIN SERIES 4-2

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I dont know how you do it, @Appleyard. Just know that while the #AuthenticFans may not appreciate you, the rest of us do.

Screenshot_20200822-160732_Twitter.jpg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You have to think all these posters who blindly trust Hak, AV and Fletcher have never had a job.

Why are we comparing Hak to a real coach? I am critical of certain moves AV has made, but this team is not a top 4 Eastern seed or a winner of a single playoff round with Hakstol in charge.

If Hak checked the ice time from last night’s game he’d be fuming at how much Sanheim and Myers got. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I dont know how you do it, @Appleyard. Just know that while the #AuthenticFans may not appreciate you, the rest of us do.

View attachment 363164

I was dying when someone in AY’s mentions was using Meltzer’s picture & name as a troll account. Another tweeter responded to it saying something like “wow Bill that was really direct of you” to which the actual Meltzer chimed in explaining it wasn’t actually him. :laugh:

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Why are we comparing Hak to a real coach? I am critical of certain moves AV has made, but this team is not a top 4 Eastern seed or a winner of a single playoff round with Hakstol in charge.

If Hak checked the ice time from last night’s game he’d be fuming at how much Sanheim and Myers got. :laugh:

Just pointing out that it doesn’t matter who the coach is, the same people continue to defend said coaches as if it is impossible for them to make a mistake just because they are the coach

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I was dying when someone in AY’s mentions was using Meltzer’s picture & name as a troll account. Another tweeter responded to it saying something like “wow Bill that was really direct of you” to which the actual Meltzer chimed in explaining it wasn’t actually him. :laugh:

I definitely saw that and was fooled for a minute

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I had a dentist growing up who was literally the Nazi dentist from Marathon Man. A regular cleaning was a total bloodbath. Having him drill a tooth was the most pleasant experience I'd ever had with him. It was so excruciating that when a Navy doc accidentally forgot to give my friend novocaine before drilling him, the doc scolded him for saying nothing. My friend replied "I thought this is just what dental work feels like." Guy is a SEAL now and has credited our dentist with teaching him to deal with discomfort, which got him through qualification. That's how bad the dentist is.

I got a modern dentist. I told him about what the way the old dentist did things. New Dentist was completely revolted and said his methods were barbaric and decades out of date.

Not all dentists are of equal quality. As an amateur, I was able to determine that without training and thus I stopped going to the bad one.

Probably a lesson to glean about authority here.
You mentioning SEAL training reminded me of this guy immediately.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Also not sure how anyone could be upset about AV getting compared to Hak after what we just watched. :laugh:
It still bugs me. :p:

His 69 game regular season sample was nothing like Hak. His cowardly "play not to lose style" was not Hak like stylistically until game 6, which was definitely giving me PTSD Hak flashbacks.

I don't know why AV did what he did against the Habs. I hope he doesn't do this if the Flyers advance and play another fast team like Tampa or Colorado.

But games like Game 6 against the Habs were regular occurrences in the Hak era, which is why he is the most frustrating coach I have seen in my Flyers fandom. Hak sucked joy out of watching the Flyers. AV's overall body of work to date has not done that and the system he had the team play in the regular season is the type of system that can succeed in a playoff run... which is also not at all like Hak.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It still bugs me. :p:

His 69 game regular season sample was nothing like Hak. His cowardly "play not to lose style" was not Hak like stylistically until game 6, which was definitely giving me PTSD Hak flashbacks.

I don't know why AV did what he did against the Habs. I hope he doesn't do this if the Flyers advance and play another fast team like Tampa or Colorado.

But games like Game 6 against the Habs were regular occurrences in the Hak era, which is why he is the most frustrating coach I have seen in my Flyers fandom. Hak sucked joy out of watching the Flyers. AV's overall body of work to date has not done that and the system he had the team play in the regular season is the type of system that can succeed in a playoff run... which is also not at all like Hak.
That’s why I specifically said:
Also not sure how anyone could be upset about AV getting compared to Hak after what we just watched.

The fact that what we just saw was so Hak-like is exactly why it’s an earned comparison. ;)

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just pointing out that it doesn’t matter who the coach is, the same people continue to defend said coaches as if it is impossible for them to make a mistake just because they are the coach

And some people claim every coach is completely clueless no matter who the coach is. I try to ignore both groups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad