Post-Game Talk: ECQF 5 | FLYERS (3) vs. Canadiens (5) | Wedn., Aug. 19, 2020 | Flyers lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Go check the numbers for Giroux without Couts the last two seasons, they're butt ugly.
Better this past season, really bad two years ago, really bad in the playoffs.

Don't screw with a good thing, especially when Giroux can't play center and there isn't another center he should be playing with.

Like the time that Hak broke up the first line after they dominated together heading into the playoffs by putting Raffl on the first line because he was heavy?

Without looking back to confirm, that seems like something you would have defended back then.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Go check the numbers for Giroux without Couts the last two seasons, they're butt ugly.
Better this past season, really bad two years ago, really bad in the playoffs.

Don't screw with a good thing, especially when Giroux can't play center and there isn't another center he should be playing with.

So...better this season, and good now. What's the problem?

We are talking about the here and now. Why do you guys keep pulling stuff from 3 years ago in reference to the immediate now?

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Screw “trying to get [struggling] players going.” It’s game 6 of the playoffs. There’s no time for that.

Also, LOL at those who think the team will be better off without Niskanen. He may not be at his best, but he’s playing extremely difficult first-pair minutes & still making important plays. Plus, without him you have to mix up the d-pairs, & that’s not ideal.

I do agree I’d move Giroux back with Couturier & Voracek.
Maybe move Laughton to 3C & Grant to 4L.
Probably JVR in for Bunnaman, & on 3L

You know it's getting ugly when he is dropping his contrarian bullshit act.

Couts is great, I see no flaws in the lineup. The cup should be a lock.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Like the time that Hak broke up the first line after they dominated together heading into the playoffs by putting Raffl on the first line because he was heavy?

Without looking back to confirm, that seems like something you would have defended back then.

You see, that kind of thing doesn't matter.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Screw “trying to get [struggling] players going.” It’s game 6 of the playoffs. There’s no time for that.

Also, LOL at those who think the team will be better off without Niskanen. He may not be at his best, but he’s playing extremely difficult first-pair minutes & still making important plays. Plus, without him you have to mix up the d-pairs, & that’s not ideal.

I do agree I’d move Giroux back with Couturier & Voracek.
Maybe move Laughton to 3C & Grant to 4L.
Probably JVR in for Bunnaman, & on 3L.

Niskanen is making plays that are important and beneficial for Montreal. He's getting completely caved in. He's been a disaster and hasn't shown even a hint of improvement going back to the round robin.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I've mastered the search feature.

8d405c95086e5e38868757e8555825d8.png

22d66673f7453ae629000c8c52b59dc6.png

6dfaf114efef03897147984f85e0ba12.png

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
yikes that scares me lol but grant is pretty responsible.

g-couts-voracek
farabee-hayes-tk
jvr-laughton-raffl
grant-thompson-pitlick

tbh thats not that bad...we all know he ain't taking out thompson so might as well just do this and have 3 good lines instead of just two.
I would rather see Giroux at center of the 3rd line than Laughton. (Or frost.)

Laughton has demonstrated time and time again he's not even a 4c. He's a LW or not here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Lol. Oh Bill.

is he really defending that decision to send the 4th line out after a momentum changing PPG. You cannot defend that. I like a lot of what this staff has done this year but that right there was mind bogglingly stupid.
AV shares the blame with several other players who were ass last night. I am not even worrying about Hart. Last night was the first game in a long time where it looked like he was fighting it. He will be fine going forward.
I don’t mind this vile hatred in this series now. We need the hate. Reckless sticks, dirty hits we have everything

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Serious question: is Voracek the most under-appreciated Flyer of the past decade?

I think he'd probably have to be... Nobody else is coming to mind. Giroux and Ghost are also extremely under-appreciated, but Jake might take the cake.

I can't believe how often we have to defend this guy.
More sad that he is so under-appreciated between Czech fans too. Unbelievable.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Really? I thought he was a really big name back home...
So under-appreciated when he is in the NHL. A lot of Czech fans think that he is so overrated, overpayed and more. Brutal. Typical Czech fans which look at goals, assists and +/- stats only. Awful.

But a lot of them critize Necas too for example. They just dont know context, just only main stats.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Serious question: is Voracek the most under-appreciated Flyer of the past decade?

I think he'd probably have to be... Nobody else is coming to mind. Giroux and Ghost are also extremely under-appreciated, but Jake might take the cake.

he's streaky, more of an assist guy, and doesn't "look" like he's trying alot (Jeff Carter syndrome). I certainly don't think he's lazy. He's a very good player.

He played great last night, very agressive. He doesn't play with that intensity most nights. If he did, he's be a top 10 NHL forward. It's frustrating.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
he's streaky, more of an assist guy, and doesn't "look" like he's trying alot (Jeff Carter syndrome). I certainly don't think he's lazy. He's a very good player.

He played great last night, very agressive. He doesn't play with that intensity most nights. If he did, he's be a top 10 NHL forward. It's frustrating.
I don't agree that intensity is the problem. I just think people see poor results and jump straight to that as the conclusion. Same as during this series before he was freed from 4th line purgatory.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I don't agree that intensity is the problem. I just think people see poor results and jump straight to that as the conclusion. Same as during this series before he was freed from 4th line purgatory.
jake looks like a "floater" alot. JVR get the same rap, I think he's more of a floater, but still not "lazy". Both of them appear to be "perimeter" players. With their size...I think people wished they appeared to drive the net more. Both of them are average/average plus skaters...so you don't see them beating people much.

Jake reminds me of Jagr so much in playstyle/body shape...except for the shot, and Jagr just went through people. He was built like a tank, you could not move him if he was determined.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Jake's intensity level stikes me as a guy who wants to win, not hates to lose.

The hates to lose people are competitive to the bone with everything, and won't be out worked, out "anythinged". Giroux strikes me this way...

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right

I would think that title goes to one of Hagg, VDV, lehtera, Thompson or grant.

do I need a sarcasm emoji or is it thick enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad