GDT: ECQF #4 - 05/08/2013 | Capitals @ Rangers | 7:30 PM - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Nash didn't make a very meaningful contribution last game? The Stepan gwg was created by Nash. He pressured Backstrom into coughing up the puck that started the winning cycle.

But yeah, Richards needs to show up, on the PP would be nice.

Yea, I was exaggerating on Nash a bit. He has played well at times, but he seems snake bit in the goal department. I'm trying to get at the fact that he should be a driving force on this team. He just hasn't seemed to totally find his game yet. Of course, now that I said that he'll have two goals and two assists tonight... at least I hope so!

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
Did I hear it right that the Caps have only won 4 of 9 series when leading 2 game to none? When the series win rate up 2 games to none is near 90%, it's hard to believe that the Caps have won less than 50% of series.

They arent good.

The Rangers make them look good though.

Rangers: helping teams beat odds since 1926

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Like the stones by the new guy, but the last GDT was Machinehead and resulted in a win. Call me crazy, but I like to stick with what works.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
gonna be heading down to MSG for Blueshirts Live. i'll be in my oversized Brian Leetch jersey. hope to see some of you there, and possibly win some tickets. if not, eh. *shrug*

either way, LGR!! :yo:

BarbaraAlphanse

Like the stones by the new guy, but the last GDT was Machinehead and resulted in a win. Call me crazy, but I like to stick with what works.

You never know. He's got a Stark avatar. Believe. :yo:

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL

Yes, because we all know that fourm posters have such a dynamic effect on the outcome of a game... No wonder why we had a 54 year Cup drought. We didn't have HF Boards!

BarbaraAlphanse

Zuke will see limited ice time in this one, about 7 mins at most..

No way. He was on the line that created the game winning goal. Are you out of your mind?

He's gonna be on our first line tonight.

Zucc-Step-Nash
Clowe-Richards-Cally
Dorsett-Brassard-Hags
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

Look for Boyle to be double shifted though. 4 line C and winger on another line if someone is underperforming. He'll get close to 17 minutes tonight, if not more.

I predict a very large scrap tonight. Bodies flying. Low scoring game.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I only decided make this after I had an extremely vivid dream last night about game 4 in which John Moore scored the game winning goal on a one-timer (so I knew it was a dream) in overtime.

The only part I don't like about this.

Yes, because we all know that fourm posters have such a dynamic effect on the outcome of a game... No wonder why we had a 54 year Cup drought. We didn't have HF Boards!

Superstitions are funny, I can understand rituals I used to have one, guess what happened when I quit doing it... The Rangers win and lose regardless of what we do if superstitions worked we'd go 82-0.

If I was going to play that angle on this one I'd have to say I like the idea of a new poster doing the GDT, maybe he is like that young player who steps it up for the PO's?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Hey just because youre not superstitious doesnt mean others are not.

My dad has to be the most superstitious person I know, he didn't like it when I told him one of my HS teachers told me superstitions show a lack of education. Which I don't believe, because HS teachers don't know ****.

Anyway he has all the standard superstitions and then there are things like not wearing yellow because it's unlucky, not putting your hat on the bed (which is the only one I picked up), and not closing a knife someone handed to you open. Seriously it's ridiculous. Gives me an idea for tonight. Might put all my hats on my bed.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
My dad has to be the most superstitious person I know, he didn't like it when I told him one of my HS teachers told me superstitions show a lack of education. Which I don't believe, because HS teachers don't know ****.

Anyway he has all the standard superstitions and then there are things like not wearing yellow because it's unlucky, not putting your hat on the bed (which is the only one I picked up), and not closing a knife someone handed to you open. Seriously it's ridiculous. Gives me an idea for tonight. Might put all my hats on my bed.

Im not too crazy with them, but I do have some superstitions for sure, especially when a team I follow is in the playoffs. I think most of my superstitions come from playing sports my whole life. Tape my stick the same way every time. Touch the sign before leaving the locker room etc etc.

Wolfy*

The problem with Zucc is that the Caps are going after him, they keep messing with him behind the play. Looks like they're trying to put the hobbit out of action. But he can always run and hide behind Nash ;)

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Superstitions are important to some and it does have relevance. I think energy can help the outcome of a game to an extent. Call me crazy.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
The problem with Zucc is that the Caps are going after him, they keep messing with him behind the play. Looks like they're trying to put the hobbit out of action. But he can always run and hide behind Nash ;)

Zucc doesn't take **** from anyone. He's been fine.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Im not too crazy with them, but I do have some superstitions for sure, especially when a team I follow is in the playoffs. I think most of my superstitions come from playing sports my whole life. Tape my stick the same way every time. Touch the sign before leaving the locker room etc etc.

Yeah they are a breeding ground for that kind of stuff, think it's more of a ritual to get you mentally focused than anything. Except for guys like Roy who wouldn't skate on the blue line lol. I had several things of my own but nothing to extreme.

Superstitions are important to some and it does have relevance. I think energy can help the outcome of a game to an extent. Call me crazy.

I tend to agree with this, I try and be positive for the most part. Maybe we could test that out in this GDT... Instead of calling the game over at 0-0 maybe we can look at it as an opportunity to win... Oh wait who am I kidding.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Speaking of superstitions, I think it's far more likely that Pyatt scores than Dorsett, your thoughts?

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Hopefully Torts will let the players think occasional thoughts for themselves so that we are maybe 98% predictable instead of 100% predictable.

We need to get back to the more open style we played in the reg. season where we were capable of dominating our opposition at ES. No more 5v5 PPs for the Caps!

If we play like in game 2 & 3 we are done.

LGR! Make me believe in this team again!

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
New member makes the GDT. Bold move. If the Rangers lose you better be ready to delete your account. We don't take kindly to new GDT makers around these parts. :sarcasm:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Speaking of superstitions, I think it's far more likely that Pyatt scores than Dorsett, your thoughts?

It's closer than the Asham/Boyle discussion because we clearly had a sniper in that debate. These two put up similar shot totals but Pyatt has a better shooting percentage. Smart money is on Dorsett who isn't used as much and doesn't play with the same caliber talent as Pyatt in a lot of situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad