ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) New York Rangers | Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Rangers in 5. Pittsburgh didn't even make the playoffs last year VS a team that in the last two years made the SCF and the ECF. I love how people are underestimating the Rangers.

We played Pittsburgh in the 1st round last year but I understand why you thought they missed because that series was so boring and forgettable.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Rangers in 5. Pittsburgh didn't even make the playoffs last year VS a team that in the last two years made the SCF and the ECF. I love how people are underestimating the Rangers.

I know we never had a chance but might wanna check your facts there

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens won the season series 3-1, but the games were fairly close, and the puck possession numbers indicated by shots on goal were not a huge chasm difference.

The games and highlights:

WED FEB 10, 2016 FINAL NYR (3) - PIT (0)
Lundqvist 34 shots against, Fleury 21 shots against.
http://penguins.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015020807

THU MAR 3, 2016 FINAL NYR (1) - PIT (4)
Lundqvist/Raanta 25 shots against, Fleury 28 shots against.
http://penguins.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015020957

SUN MAR 13, 2016 FINAL PIT (5) - NYR (3)
Lundqvist 32 shots against, Fleury 27 shots against.
http://penguins.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015021030

SUN MAR 27, 2016 FINAL PIT (3) - NYR (2) OT
Lundqvist 32 shots against, Fleury 27 shots against.
http://penguins.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015021130

Lundqvist (+3 shots Raanta) faced 123 shots, Fleury 103 shots.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Pens fans, just know that the Rangers fans wanted no parts of you guys. So much so that they were rooting for the isles to win the last 2 games!!

Good luck to both teams. I hope it goes 7 and is very physical.

Congratulations on your successful tank. Must feel like (not so) old times huh?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Rangers will beat the Pens in 6 or 7.

Florida will beat the Isles in 6. Rangers will thenactually feel better that they didn't tank for Florida.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Imho, the Pens need Murray in goal. Any update on him? Neck? Hopefully.... a concussion would be bad news. Even if Fleury comes back, he's already had two recently? Zatkoff? Um....

IslandersFan55

Apr 10, 2016
If Fleury is in net, Penguins will win this in five games.

If they have a scrub in net, it could go either way, but I'd still bet on Penguins winning in 7.

Penguins, especially with Ryan McDonagh out, totally outclass the Rangers in every aspect except goal.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Penguins are far and away the better possession team and are just starting to click, Lundqvist is going to have to make 60 saves per night or else the Pens win in 4

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Imho, the Pens need Murray in goal. Any update on him? Neck? Hopefully.... a concussion would be bad news. Even if Fleury comes back, he's already had two recently? Zatkoff? Um....

As of right now, there is no update. All that has been said is that they haven't ruled out either for game 1. From the way it sounds, Fleury should be back for very early in round 1, if not for game 1. We also don't even know what Murray's injury was, he could have a concussion or just a sore neck or even nothing. All that has happened so far is the Pens AHL starter (Jarry) got recalled, but JR said that was just a precautionary move.

You don't agree that it was an easy series to forget? All I even remember about that series is Hagelin scoring and sliding on the ice. It was pretty boring. Definitely the least entertaining series of the first round.

I associate being happy when I hear Hagelin's name, please don't ruin that for me. I love Hagelin :laugh:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You don't agree that it was an easy series to forget? All I even remember about that series is Hagelin scoring and sliding on the ice. It was pretty boring. Definitely the least entertaining series of the first round.
Oh last year? I thought he was talking about this year.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
No McDonough, Lundqvist playing like garbage, Pens playing incredible hockey = Pens in five.

I am basing this on hearing MAF will be back for game one.

Hell Yeah!!!

Mar 11, 2007
ATL
Pens in 6 if they have maf or Murray for at least game 2 forward, Hank needs to stand on his head if rangers are going to steal this series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad