ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) New York Rangers | Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Pens are stronger everywhere other than in goal, and they've done pretty well against Lundqvist this season. I didn't feel too good about the matchup last year, but it'll be a huge disappointment if the pens bow out in the first round this year. I like pens in 5.

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York
Pens fans, just know that the Rangers fans wanted no parts of you guys. So much so that they were rooting for the isles to win the last 2 games!!

Good luck to both teams. I hope it goes 7 and is very physical.

Because I'm sure the Islanders wanted Pittsburgh so bad

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Goddamnit.

This sums up the reaction of most Rangers fans I know :laugh:

Pens are stronger everywhere other than in goal, and they've done pretty well against Lundqvist this season. I didn't feel too good about the matchup last year, but it'll be a huge disappointment if the pens bow out in the first round this year. I like pens in 5.

Fleury actually has better stats than Lundqvist this year somehow. I was shocked when I saw that. I still think Lundqvist is easily better, but the difference may not be that huge.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This sums up the reaction of most Rangers fans I know :laugh:

Fleury actually has better stats than Lundqvist this year somehow. I was shocked when I saw that. I still think Lundqvist is easily better, but the difference may not be that huge.
We're meant to be together.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have no expectations this year so this should be a lot less stressful than last year at least :laugh:

That's exactly how Pens fans felt last year. Lose in 5 games? Hell, that's fine as long as we didn't get blown out. :laugh:

When you see our pk you will understand

Yeah, I didn't realize the Rangers PK was as bad as it was. That will get negated out by the Pens PP sucking though.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Well the Rangers said they were ready to play whoever so they better put up. I don't feel confident at all about them, even with the Penguins goalie situation

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
McDonagh should be out for the first few games based on reports. Who knows where he's at though. Hopefully he can be back by game 3 or 4.

What's the status on Malkin? A lot of variables at play here still. MAF to Zatkoff is a big difference.

And as bad as the Rangers may be this year, they have the equalizer in net who can easily drag the team himself to a win. Not that confident in the series as a Ranger fan but it won't shock me to see the team win either.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Pens in 5.

Pittsburgh has been playing to their ability of late, Rangers are just a team with too many flaws and I don't see their D being able to keep up.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Maybe the Rangers are a little bit in the heads of the Penguins from the last 2 years? hard to feel confident about this one with the direction both teams have been heading in lately.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Rangers in 5. Pittsburgh didn't even make the playoffs last year VS a team that in the last two years made the SCF and the ECF. I love how people are underestimating the Rangers.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What's the status on Malkin? A lot of variables at play here still. MAF to Zatkoff is a big difference. .

His injury timeframe is having him back at the end of round 1/beginning of round 2, but all reports say that he's ahead and it wouldn't be surprising for him to be back in the early to mid 1st round. I think McDonagh and Malkin will be back around the same time. Fleury is the real wildcard here. The last update for Fleury was from Friday, where he "was making significant progress". I can't imagine he won't be ready by Friday, so I can see him missing only a game or 2.

Rangers in 5. Pittsburgh didn't even make the playoffs last year VS a team that in the last two years made the SCF and the ECF. I love how people are underestimating the Rangers.

Uh, the Pens last year were a DRASTICALLY worse team than they were this year. They shouldn't have even made the playoffs last year with the roster they iced by the end of the season. Wait, it's also not even true that the Pens missed the playoffs last year. What are you even saying :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad