GDT: ECQF 1: FLYERS (H) vs. Canadiens (A) at Toronto, Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2020, 8:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I'm guessing:

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Laughton - Hayes - Konecny
JVR - Grant - NAK
Farabee - Thompson - Pitlick

However there are some tough decisions there.

Hope Gost is in. He looked really good and ready to go.

Yes, that's a likely scenario too. Probably the likeliest. Causes the least disruption, and gives Jake and the top line a chance to really get it going before deciding to move some pieces around.

I like the look of that actually.

Replace Grant with Frost and Thompson with Grant and woah, baby.

Haha I'd actually be tempted to replace Grant with Frost and leave Thompson as 4C.

Anyway you slice it, though, we have a lot of depth and it's exciting!

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
To start the game, I’d guess you’ll see:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Laughton-Hayes-TK
JVR-Grant-NAK
Farabee-Thompson-Pitlick

Provorov-Niskanen
Sanheim-Myers
Hagg-Braun

That’s pretty much the least bit of tinkering you can get.

Reactions: macleish1974

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
If Hagg plays I better be getting apology messages from everyone who complained and argued when I called the coaches idiots. :laugh:

They can be private messages. I don’t mind.

You will get a pass from me. When he said he made his decision but also said something to the the tune that Ghost will be ready when called upon , I hope he was being sneaky and not an idiot.

Reactions: macleish1974

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Keep Farabee on the top line.

Jake to the third line.

JVR to the fourth line.

NAK on the third line.

Hagg out and Ghost in

Do that and I think we win.
As long as every is healthy I trust AV to come up with right line up. but what about PP? PP is a key.. Price is in the zone. We need that PP cannot stress enough.
Haag dressing tomm would be devastating.
I doubt AV will dress Hagger against fast skating team like Habs. If Ghostisbehere is healthy and looks like he is he will be playing. Plus he gives us PP choice. Hagg is #7 until someone is out.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Hagg played 2/3 of the round robin games. They won both. He played in their last 15 straight regular season games, & they were 12-3. He had a better regular season than Ghost. Even outpointed him 12-7 at ES.

I think anyone who expects Hagg out of the lineup for game 1 is being delusional.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hagg played 2/3 of the round robin games. They won both. He played in their last 15 straight regular season games, & they were 12-3. He had a better regular season than Ghost. Even outpointed him 12-7 at ES.

I think anyone who expects Hagg out of the lineup for game 1 is being delusional.
Ghost was basically the best player on the ice the last game.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Ghost was basically the best player on the ice the last game.
Ghost looked better, but that one game doesn’t overcome any of what I said. Anyone expecting him to play Game 1 over Hagg is delusional. Ghost was just getting a look to see if he was usable if they need him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Hagg is our 9th best dman. Ghost having a bad game is equivalent to Hagg having a normal game.

Your continuing devotion to Hagg is like people who still defend flat-earth theory and Dave Hakstol.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Hagg is our 9th best dman. Ghost having a bad game is equivalent to Hagg having a normal game.

Your continuing devotion to Hagg is like people who still defend flat-earth theory and Dave Hakstol.
I’m making a simple point. Don’t try to move the goalposts.

The Flyers are 14-3 in Hagg’s last 17 games. He played their last 15 regular season games & the first 2/3 round robin games. He outpointed Ghost 12-7 at ES in the regular season. Obvious Conclusion: Ghost isn’t playing over Hagg in Game 1 of the playoffs.

Reactions: tucson83

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’m making a simple point. Don’t try to move the goalposts.

The Flyers are 14-3 in Hagg’s last 17 games. He played their last 15 regular season games & the first 2/3 round robin games. He outpointed Ghost 12-7 at ES in the regular season. Obvious Conclusion: Ghost isn’t playing over Hagg in Game 1 of the playoffs.

Hagg isn't the reason they are 14-3. He sucks. This is like giving Bartulis credit for the Flyers' 2010 run.

How come you have to cherrypick ES? Do PPs cease to happen in the playoffs?

If Ghost isn't playing, that's an egregious error that makes the team obviously worse. You were woefully wrong about NAK and Stewart. You're wrong about your devotion to Hagg.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Ghost looked better, but that one game doesn’t overcome any of what I said. Anyone expecting him to play Game 1 over Hagg is delusional. Ghost was just getting a look to see if he was usable if they need him.

Yeah but what you say is trash spewed straight from a trolls garbage can so nobody cares.

Couts is great, I see no holes in the lineup. The cup is a lock.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Hagg isn't the reason they are 14-3. He sucks. This is like giving Bartulis credit for the Flyers' 2010 run.

How come you have to cherrypick ES? Do PPs cease to happen in the playoffs?

If Ghost isn't playing, that's an egregious error that makes the team obviously worse. You were woefully wrong about NAK and Stewart. You're wrong about your devotion to Hagg.
Again, multiple efforts to move the goalposts. Simple point: Ghost ain’t playing Game 1 over Hagg. If you disagree that the writing is on the wall, that’s on you. Easiest bet I’d ever win.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Again, multiple efforts to move the goalposts. Simple point: Ghost ain’t playing Game 1 over Hagg. If you disagree that the writing is on the wall, that’s on you. Easiest bet I’d ever win.

I didn't move any goalposts. I addressed the things you presented. If you don't like that, then the fault is yours.

I don't understand why you're downright eager to see a coaching error that will make winning harder.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I didn't move any goalposts. I addressed the things you presented. If you don't like that, then the fault is yours.

I don't understand why you're downright eager to see a coaching error that will make winning harder.
You keep arguing that Ghost *should* play over Hagg.

I contend that anyone who thinks he *will* start Game 1 over Hagg is delusional.

Two different arguments. You keep trying to project my argument, as is your wont.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The extreme pro-Hagg and anti-Ghost propaganda is peak contrarianism. Just to show how much of a joke those posts are...

He mentioned those last 15 games to end the year. Well during that time...
Hagg
219:01 at 5v5
42.74 CF% (-7.93 rel)
47.90 xGF% (-4.56 rel)
14.77 On-ice shooting % (9th of 252 defensemen in their final 15 games)
94.59 On-ice save %
109.4 PDO (5th of 252 defensemen in their final 15 games)
In other words, a truly awful player with insane luck. We won in spite of him.

As for comparing their overall 5v5 scoring this year... again, pure luck. How does Hagg have more points? Well...

Hagg assists: 10
Ghost assists: 3
Hagg assists per 60 min: 0.86 (2nd of 7 Flyers D, ahead of Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Niskanen, and Ghost)
Ghost assists per 60 min: 0.29 (7th of 7 Flyers D)

How did that happen?

Ghost's on-ice shooting %: 6.91 (156th of 197 defensemen with 500+ min at 5v5 this year)
Hagg's on-ice shooting %: 11.22 (5th of 197 defensemen with 500+ min at 5v5 this year)
*for anyone who doesn't know, that's the combined shooting percentage of all on-ice Flyers players while each of them is on the ice. In other words, 100% outside of their control.

By the way, Hagg has the same amount of 5v5 points as Provorov this year, in roughly half as much 5v5 icetime. I wonder if Ghosts Beer would be interested in trying that ridiculous argument when it's not about Ghost? I assume not.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You keep arguing that Ghost *should* play over Hagg.

I contend that anyone who thinks he *will* start Game 1 over Hagg is delusional.

Two different arguments. You keep trying to project my argument, as is your wont.

You've gone beyond merely making that argument to downright promoting Hagg as a positive. Hence why that had to be addressed.

That AV could be dumb enough to actually play Hagg is a given. Pre-emptively defending that isn't necessary, but you've done it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There is a weird Hagg stat - over his career, 130 GF, 107 xGF.
Since this is a large sample, it's unlikely to be due to "luck."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad