ECHL 2020-21 Season Plans

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
There's nothing there worth moving. Look for all the Beast's stuff to start showing up on eBay in the near future.
But if the city boots the team outta the CAAC for missing the next lease payment, won't Greg Rosen at least need to rent a UHaul to clear out? Or maybe he can just set up a sidewalk sale out front. :huh:

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
But if the city boots the team outta the CAAC for missing the next lease payment, won't Greg Rosen at least need to rent a UHaul to clear out? Or maybe he can just set up a sidewalk sale out front. :huh:

I meant moving in the sense of moving the membership to another city.

I was once consulting for an ownership group putting a lower level team in a city that was losing a team in a higher league. The higher league's owners wanted them to pay $250K for all the accoutrements ("skate sharpener, jacuzzi, massage table, our bus," as Joe McGrath once said) that were left. I advised them to tell them GFY and buy the gear themselves. They did, and saved $170K.

The only real thing of value the Beast potentially have to sell is their ECHL membership, though it's hard to say if that membership has any real market value at the moment. You can make some money off the merchandise and equipment and hope to pay back the creditors pennies on the dollar and maybe you don't have to rent that UHaul.

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
I wouldnt put the brakes on Brampton just yet Greg Rosen did sell 49% of the team to other local owners a year or two ago. I would give them a couple more years. If they do fold I wouldn't be surprised if the echl just terminated the membership so they can get that expansion cost.

Reactions: Roadhog

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I was once consulting for an ownership group putting a lower level team in a city that was losing a team in a higher league. The higher league's owners wanted them to pay $250K for all the accoutrements ("skate sharpener, jacuzzi, massage table, our bus," as Joe McGrath once said) that were left. I advised them to tell them GFY and buy the gear themselves. They did, and saved $170K.

In my mind I'm trying to figure all the stuff that a team would likely leave behind and even top of the line stuff wouldn't come close to that amount. Plus I can't even fathom anyone leaving $250K worth of stuff behind, never mind asking that much for it...the stones those guys must have had are amazing.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Given the state of the pandemic in this country, that's extraordinarily optimistic.

Doesn't help that Ohio now considers Indiana a toxic wasteland and anyone travelling from there must quarantine for 14 days unless they were on business-related purposes. That's gonna kill the appeal for fans who want to travel this season, particularly if Toledo & Cincinnati schedule Indy & Fort Wayne this year.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Doesn't help that Ohio now considers Indiana a toxic wasteland and anyone travelling from there must quarantine for 14 days unless they were on business-related purposes. That's gonna kill the appeal for fans who want to travel this season, particularly if Toledo & Cincinnati schedule Indy & Fort Wayne this year.
Important to those traveling fans, especially the portion who agree that their home state is a toxic wasteland (offering an extra 14 days away from home). But likely a minuscule worry to the Toledo & Cincinnati owners/arena operators, who are challenged with managing social distanced seating assignments to fans who will be buying more than a weekend's worth of tickets.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Doesn't help that Ohio now considers Indiana a toxic wasteland and anyone travelling from there must quarantine for 14 days unless they were on business-related purposes. ...
And this from the ECHL schedule announcement: "Saturday, Dec. 12 sees two teams open their home schedule with Jacksonville hosting Greenville and Wheeling taking on Indy." So does all that mean the Indy Fuel players & staff will be allowed to "do their business" during stops of their team bus crossing Ohio? :blush:

Last edited:

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
And this from the ECHL schedule announcement: "Saturday, Dec. 12 sees two teams open their home schedule with Jacksonville hosting Greenville and Wheeling taking on Indy." So does all that mean the Indy Fuel players & staff will be allowed to "do their business" during stops of their team bus crossing Ohio? :blush:
I don't see why not, its not like they can monitor interstate truck drivers passing through. But it's only 4:32 from rink to rink, so maybe they drive it straight through?

Reactions: Atlantian

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I don't see why not, its not like they can monitor interstate truck drivers passing through. But it's only 4:32 from rink to rink, so maybe they drive it straight through?
As long as nobody is taking diuretics.

And BTW, I was just kidding about the busload bio breaks. Made you think, though, didn't I? ;)

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
An update from 10/9 on their website.
As far as i know, they havent committed to playing this season. They are one of the 12 teams that are waiting until 11/30 to see if local restrictions ease up before they decide whether or not to play this season. Still very much in the air.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad