ECF: New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
That Wilson and the Rangers intersected in that instance was magnified because it happened in NY and it was Wilson. NY is the largest city in the country and it's media capital while Wilson is the NHL's premier asshole and lightning rod and has been for years. But that degree of hypocrisy would be no different if some other player had rag dolled some smallish player in Winnipeg, Arizona, Columbus, pick your small market, and then a year later one of those teams had a defenseman do what Trouba did last night and has been doing through these playoffs. It just wouldn't garner the same attention or number of comments on boards like these.

Self-righteous indignation is universal but it's only the other guy's that is unjustified.
Wilson is the NHL's premier asshole? LOL. Mr. Marchand says "hi". Wilson is certainly a menace, and far more dangerous, but not a bigger asshole. As you've only been here a little over a month, you likely weren't privy to what was going in these parts when Panarin got panini'd. If the Jets/Yotes/Jackets were relevant and competitive, you'd have an argument. They're not and you don't. Keep in mind, generalizations are always wrong. ;-).

Last edited:

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
Wilson is the NHL's premier asshole? LOL. Mr. Marchand says "hi". Wilson is certainly a menace, and far more dangerous, but not a bigger asshole. As you've only been here a little over a month, you likely weren't privy to what was going in these parts when Panarin got panini'd. If the Jets/Yotes/Jackets were relevant and competitive, you'd have an argument. They're not and you don't. Keep in mind, generalizations are always wrong. ;-).

Yeah i agree. As far as I know Tom Wilson hasn't licked anyone 😂

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
Your "I'm right because I've been here longer" schtick is both laughable and embarrassing to you. The fact that you perceive Marchand to be a bigger asshole than Wilson is a matter of opinion and is irrelevant and bringing up that nitpick is your disingenuous way of deflecting from the point. It doesn't matter if I was here or not or what was going on on these boards (as though this is the center of the hockey universe - maybe it's yours, sad). My point is now and always has been that the degree of hypocrisy among hockey fans is no different for the NY Rangers than it is for any other fan base, it just appears that way to the simple minded because there are more of them and because they are where they are and they get more attention. Short of some scientific study you can cite to refute that assertion I'll continue to know that I'm right about that.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Respect to the Lightning for pulling that win out. Rangers had their chances but look fatigued. Now the test of their will and determination to win needs to show up, otherwise we get Tampa vs Colorado.

As a Ranger fan, I am hopeful they can be aggressive, Copp was delegating to others a lot, dude needs to shoot.
Lafreniere could also be a little more selfish when he's in prime shooting position.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I think Tampa figured out how to beat Shesterkin, which is to place players in front of the net and get him screened. Good approach by Tampa.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Your "I'm right because I've been here longer" schtick is both laughable and embarrassing to you. The fact that you perceive Marchand to be a bigger asshole than Wilson is a matter of opinion and is irrelevant and bringing up that nitpick is your disingenuous way of deflecting from the point. It doesn't matter if I was here or not or what was going on on these boards (as though this is the center of the hockey universe - maybe it's yours, sad). My point is now and always has been that the degree of hypocrisy among hockey fans is no different for the NY Rangers than it is for any other fan base, it just appears that way to the simple minded because there are more of them and because they are where they are and they get more attention. Short of some scientific study you can cite to refute that assertion I'll continue to know that I'm right about that.
It is embarrassing to me? Oh dear God, thank you for this! This is precious, and I even get a QUOTE for something I did not say! Keep it coming, you can do it! Oh, wait, there's more?- "because there are more of them and because they are where they are and they get more attention"? Word salad GOLD!! "Short of some scientific study" Priceless! LMFAO! This may be the best ever. I appreciate you. Thank you, "Hawk" you big guy raptor, for making my Friday night nothing short of hilarious!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think Tampa figured out how to beat Shesterkin, which is to place players in front of the net and get him screened. Good approach by Tampa.
I'm sure a lot of teams have tried that though, but we seem to be pretty committed. Another thing that Brian Boucher pointed out on ESPN is that we seem to be changing the angle by skating a bit east-west before shooting as well. The cross ice passes aren't usually there but we're still trying to move him a bit.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Thunderstorms crossing through TB area since early morning. Let's Go Lightning!!

Also, wondering how long before the GDT is up. Seems to be a delay for Tampa's home games...

Reactions: PaulGG

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Cherry picking which statistics to use is not objective
What's being cherry picked? In the 5 games these teams have played against each other he has a lower gaa and a higher sv %. Im willing to bet he has stopped significantly more high danger shots too.

He's also faced more shots, which makes his gaa while having more high danger shots against even more impressive.

You would think, with how lucky the rangers were to steal their first two rounds, and now facing this juggernaut team with the best goalie in the world, that it would be damn near impossible for their imposter goalie to have better stats, yet there it is.

Last edited:

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
It is embarrassing to me? Oh dear God, thank you for this! This is precious, and I even get a QUOTE for something I did not say! Keep it coming, you can do it! Oh, wait, there's more?- "because there are more of them and because they are where they are and they get more attention"? Word salad GOLD!! "Short of some scientific study" Priceless! LMFAO! This may be the best ever. I appreciate you. Thank you, "Hawk" you big guy raptor, for making my Friday night nothing short of hilarious!
The sarcastic attack when you have no substance. As I said, sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad