ECF: New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Left handed

May 8, 2018
also says the original victim is "stable" which presumably means he got medical attention and is not dead or dying as some posters have stated they saw on Twitter
In the video I saw over on reddit, the idiot filming or near the person filming kept saying "He's dead, he's dead" when there was absolutely no indication of that. The guy filming wasn't even near the victim, nor did he check on him.

That said, the guy was clearly knocked out cold. The injuries from falling backwards onto a concrete floor without bracing for impact could have been severe.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
they even released the name of the Rangers fan who did this - what a horrible decision and im guessing this will cost him big time in the states $$$$

every news article ive seen just says the victim was knocked out cold not killed etc hopefully they are ok

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
If we're calling the Stamkos/Lafreniere confrontation at the end of the game a fight, I'm curious when was the last time 1st overalls fought in the playoffs? Or how many times it has happened?
Couldn’t tell you if it’s happened before or not. I do remember when two Captains threw down in the Stanley Cup Final though. Lecavalier and Iginla, it was a pretty good scrap!!!!

Reactions: hak

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Guessing a 1 game suspension for Stamkos here if he did in fact spit
1 game suspension for Laf for getting bullied by Stamkos if he didn't

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
article says 2nd victim (guy who tried to stop the attacker's escape) refused medical attention and original knocked out guy was stable

Yeah the NYPost article states both of them refused medical attention:

"The victim, who was not named, refused medical attention at the scene. Police said he was suffering from pain and bruising."

"After the punch, the attacker then attempted to run away and when the eyewitness tried to stop him from fleeing the arena, he was punched in the face by the suspect. Police said the eyewitness sustained pain and bruising to his face, but refused medical attention."

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Yeah the NYPost article states both of them refused medical attention:

"The victim, who was not named, refused medical attention at the scene. Police said he was suffering from pain and bruising."

"After the punch, the attacker then attempted to run away and when the eyewitness tried to stop him from fleeing the arena, he was punched in the face by the suspect. Police said the eyewitness sustained pain and bruising to his face, but refused medical attention."
Ok I see what the mixup is... we're talking about 2 different articles!

The one from the local news station states" As Anastasio tried to run away, police say the witness tried to stop him, which resulted in Anastasio punching the witness in the face, too. Officers say the witness "sustained pain and bruising" to his face, but he refused medical treatment." describing the 2nd attack on the witness, but "The man who was knocked unconscious is considered to be stable, NYPD said." about the original guy. "Stable" is a term that doctors/hospitals would use to describe a patient which semi implies that he was/is being treated. That's how I read it anyway

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Ok I see what the mixup is... we're talking about 2 different articles!

The one from the local news station states" As Anastasio tried to run away, police say the witness tried to stop him, which resulted in Anastasio punching the witness in the face, too. Officers say the witness "sustained pain and bruising" to his face, but he refused medical treatment." describing the 2nd attack on the witness, but "The man who was knocked unconscious is considered to be stable, NYPD said." about the original guy. "Stable" is a term that doctors/hospitals would use to describe a patient which semi implies that he was/is being treated. That's how I read it anyway

Right, the Post article just didn't have any information on the condition of the guy that was knocked out, but the article you're referencing does, so that's good news to hear that he's stable. Hopefully no lingering effects from the blow.

Reactions: Spazkat

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Guessing a 1 game suspension for Stamkos here if he did in fact spit
1 game suspension for Laf for getting bullied by Stamkos if he didn't

Certainly had all the tell tale signs of a spit but I didnt see any spittle. Hard to tell.

Felt bad for Laf there, in live time seemed like Stamkos took it from your typical hug fest to punches before Laf knew he was in a fight.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I am surprised it took Troubas elbow this long to enter into the series.. makes me wonder if Point was his original target to elbow in the head to take out but he had to change his approach.. might be why it took so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad