Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
But aren't they entitled? I mean I'm getting that vibe

I think the honourable thing to do if Ottawa wins is to just hand it off to the Pens. It's been a good run but the fans want to see Crosby and Malkin.
In fact I'd like to see the Preds call up Corey Perry, Kesler and Bieksa and show some good sportsmanship and decline the SCF.
Pens vs Ducks.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
And those fans are wrong. I can disagree with fellow Pens fans.

It's just pretty striking when you've been following a sport for over 20 years and an "expert" shares the same thought as you. Just because there are people at home who have never and could never be employed professionally to give their "expert" opinions sitting on their computers/phones who disagree...that doesn't necessarily mean those people are correct. ;)

Relying on "expert" opinions is a bollocks argument, the CBC guys said it was clear interference, what makes the NBC guys' opinions so much more valuable? Because they agree with you? Very poor line of thinking

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. It's clear as day the NHL wants Ottawa to win. The entire series has been ****. I have a Flyers "friend" emphasis on the quotations, who (while of course laughing at the Pens) even admitted the refs are letting Ottawa get away with everything and call Pittsburgh on everything. When a friggen Flyer fan agrees, you know it's rigged.

Yes, the NHL has been out to get Sidney Crosby since he entered the league. They hate him and never want to feature him for anything.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Erik Karlsson argues it, Malkin is the Pens best player right now, not Crosby at all

Malkin has been outstanding..... he trashed my team the CBJ.....

Nevertheless, Crosby is #2 to Gretzky in history......

I actually hate Pitt but they are "A City of Champions"...

5 Super Bowls and 4 Stanley Cups!!!! Freaking awesome!!!

vsove

Apr 13, 2017
Edmonton, AB
That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. It's clear as day the NHL wants Ottawa to win. The entire series has been ****. I have a Flyers "friend" emphasis on the quotations, who (while of course laughing at the Pens) even admitted the refs are letting Ottawa get away with everything and call Pittsburgh on everything. When a friggen Flyer fan agrees, you know it's rigged.

Why?

Again, the question no one's answered - what benefit does the NHL get from Ottawa winning? They're a smaller market, they don't have the player who's been the face of the NHL for a decade. Why would they want them to win?

The reffing has been garbage all playoffs. Sometimes, it benefits one team. Other times, it benefits the other. There's no conspiracy. The refs just suck at doing their job.

jinx33

The Rust is real
Sep 11, 2006
Paris, FR
Anderson meant business tonight, if Ottawa lives to play game 7 it's thanks to him.

As for Daley's disallowed goal because of goalie interference, i'm actually not really convinced by it.. Gotta explain me how Daley can push with his stick Anderson while laying on the ice.. but what's done is done.

Reffing is pretty bad both sides anyway, Hainsey's trip on Ryan not called, Malkin holding Smith's stick before he scored, can't deny it.

Good thing for the Penguins is, Sens defense seems really exhausted as far as the series go, they totally dominated offensively again. Bad thing is, if Anderson keep playing as the savior he is, they'll get even more frustrated.

Counting on a man for game 7, pretty easy guess, if you check my pic.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

It's just pretty striking when you've been following a sport for over 20 years and an "expert" shares the same thought as you. Just because there are people at home who have never and could never be employed professionally to give their "expert" opinions sitting on their computers/phones who disagree...that doesn't necessarily mean those people are correct. ;)

What does any of it really mean? This is a Hockey fan BB shooting the BS... no meaning here... sorry

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Experts on the ice also called off the goal.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

It's taken over 20 years for an expert to agree with you?

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Relying on "expert" opinions is a bollocks argument, the CBC guys said it was clear interference, what makes the NBC guys' opinions so much more valuable? Because they agree with you? Very poor line of thinking

There is no relying on the experts. I called it as soon as I saw the replays. I'm relying on my own opinion. I just choose not to rely on the opinions of the opposing team's fans that would gladly call back any goal against their team, no matter how obvious it was if they could

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Was at the game so didn't have the benefit of instant replay or explanation. Why was the play proceeding the Pens goal icing? Dzingle wasn't even in a foot race, he had distance on the D?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Only if its Milbury cuz he always has a rational take

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

.. thanks for the laugh.

Other than Game 4 and 5, Crosby's been ineffective. Malkin on the other hand....

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

So you're buying into the Ottawa conspiracy as well.
I'd ask you what the NHL gains by having the Sens in the finals but I think I'll instead ask if you have any inside info (from Flyers fans or anyone else) as to who faked the moon landing.

paracord

May 5, 2016

SIX BOWLS....the most ever. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad