ECF Game 3: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Washington Capitals | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
woah the announcer just praised Stamkos for having a couple of "verbal jousts". Earlier someone said the capitals are a team full of goons. The absolute state of modern nerf hockey.

Reactions: ujju2

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Johnson is alive? I thought he was dead the way he acted on the crosscheck.

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
That emotion from the Pens series is gone for the Caps. They won't have that extra step on the Lightning from here on out. This is where the experience on the Lightning bench starts to take over. Lighting game all over the ice has been dominate. THIS is what I expected from the Bolts.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
That emotion from the Pens series is gone for the Caps. They won't have that extra step on the Lightning from here on out. This is where the experience on the Lightning bench starts to take over. Lighting game all over the ice has been dominate. THIS is what I expected from the Bolts.

Too early to suggest this. Tampa, not Washington, had to have this game. Game 4 will be the determining factor in whether this is a series or mere formality.

Reactions: Sentinel and ujju2

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
hope so because I'm cheering for tampa for no real reason but I think it's more likely just one of those games. I think standing up to Tom Wilson might be a turning point though. That stralman hit where he pushed wilson's head into the glass and the crosschek to wilson's face when he jabbed their goalie was huge for the tampa locker room.

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Too early to suggest this. Tampa, not Washington, had to have this game. Game 4 will be the determining factor in whether this is a series or mere formality.

I feel like the Bolts have to have every game to be honest. They had to have game 1 at home. They lost. They had to have game 2 at home cause they lost game 1. They lost. They had to have this game cause they lost both at home. They look like they will have it. They will have to have Game 4 as well.

I suggest that the Caps emotional surge from the Pens series is over. They certainly got the most out of it, but its done now. Now the Caps will have to find that energy to skate with the Bolts from somewhere else.

Tampa has clearly shown that they will not be pushed around even though they are the "smaller" team. Tonight, the Bolts did what they had to do. I expect them to continue that. Caps will have to find something else to fuel their game, beating the Pens has been played out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad