GDT: ECF - Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 3pm EST, ESPN - Series (NYR 2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
It's called Tampa knowing their season is on the line and Trouba giving them every ounce of momentum needed. Then Rangers get a break with a 4 minute powerplay and Trouba coughs up the puck at the blueline and proceeds to take another penalty to shift momentum away. My lord, that had to be one of the most worthless performances from a single player in a long, long time.

The calls were arbitrary tonight, but that one was a thoroughly idiotic play. Two minutes and a half to go, oppertunity to score and he goes and makes a complete arse of it.

Reactions: CLW

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
That play is a nothing burger. Got him in the right spot and something tightened up.

We'll see him again in this series. possibly even in game 4.

Lets not be Pens fans.

Maybe a shot to the kidney? Whatever though agreed, I refuse to act like pegs or lighting fans. The amount of complaining from other teams is becoming hard to believe.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Maybe a shot to the kidney? Whatever though agreed, I refuse to act like pegs or lighting fans. The amount of complaining from other teams is becoming hard to believe.

if we want to complain about anything, it should be about Trouba's "penalty" early in the third.

Never seen someone get whistled for pushing someone in the shoulder while they had the puck.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That play is a nothing burger. Got him in the right spot and something tightened up.

Lets not be Pens fans.

Lets not be Pens fans.
Upper right thigh. Not sure what happened but he immediately grabbed that area.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Anybody hear what happened to Motte. Hit hard in the second, seemed to be hurting at the bench and only played 7 minutes. Was not on the ice for either Tampa PP goals. He could have made a huge difference on the PK.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Free lesson from two-time defending cup champs: finish your checks and wear down your opponents. It was so frustrating watching the Rangers get pummeled on the boards and have nothing to give back. They turned away from so many checks and the Bolts wore the team down which is not so bad if you are wearing the other team down in return. Panarin was God awful this game. What a bum. Giveaway machine, scared of contact like all the Bolts got Putin's face on their jerseys. Coasting to the bench on line changes. This was a game we needed him to make an impact and he delivered jack of squat squared.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Why the f*** is Trouba STILL on the powerplay? His shot sucks, his shot selection sucks, just about everything about Trouba on the PP sucks. GET HIM OFF THE ICE.

Miller on PP2 or just let fox play on the whole 2 minutes . Trouba has his strengths, PP qb is not one of them

On to the next but it’s obvious they’re calling Trouba on everything.

Then he should at least make it count. Take some scalps. NHL refs are motherless f***s

Reactions: Cmox

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The Trouba elbow was a weird one, I'll give you that. Seemed like the ref already blew the whistle and with the crowd noise the players couldn't hear it?

I'm aware of the bolded. I'm not a spring chicken to playoff hockey. Doesn't exactly make it right
Yeah but it's the norm and everyone knows it. It's like going to the beach and complaining that the water is salty.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
The first two penalties on Trouba is because he f***ed up on both plays, on the first he should have trusted Igor. The third call was completely garbage, al the stuff they let go and then call that? Complete garbage but let’s get real here, that third period was Tampa all over us, yes they got the momentum from the powerplay but they where camping in our zone and it seemed our buys could not collect the pass, loads slipped of the stick. Third period was terrible. Let’s get them in game 4 and punk them back, no way the shit they did to Igor should not be answered.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
A dog shit clear killed us

“I gotta get the puck out,” he said. “I’m puck-watching and I should’ve came and planted. Instead, I filtered a little bit too far back, to the net. Puck goes over my head, I take a swing at it. It was probably almost a high-sticking penalty. If I get into my position, throw the brakes on, then everyone was accounted for. I didn’t need to go over and backcheck and take myself that close to the paint.”

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Tampa wasn't getting swept. There's two teams playing. Like how we made them look like chumps in games 1 and 2, they made us look like chumps in game 3. Refs will always be gutter swine no matter what. We still have a 2-1 series lead and if we win game 4 on Tuesday we go back home up 3-1.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The only thing I can say for sure is Colrado is so f***ed no matter who they face.

Both of these teams will stomp them and their zero adversity facing asses. Makar will get abused and their lack of Kadri will bite them again.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
A dog shit clear killed us

“I gotta get the puck out,” he said. “I’m puck-watching and I should’ve came and planted. Instead, I filtered a little bit too far back, to the net. Puck goes over my head, I take a swing at it. It was probably almost a high-sticking penalty. If I get into my position, throw the brakes on, then everyone was accounted for. I didn’t need to go over and backcheck and take myself that close to the paint.”
Sorry....who is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad