GDT: ECF Game 2 New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens 5/19/14 8:00pm EST CBC,NBCCN,RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Risky move to play Tokarski.
I guess that MT has lost confidence in Budaj.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Chris Johnston reporterchris @

Alex Galchenyuk is currently sitting on the habs bench in
warmup clothing. Good indication he plays Game 2 tonight.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think the thing that bothers me the worst about the entire Price/Kreider situation is the smug smirk he has on his face when he says if he could do things differently he would have scored.

It looked like he was trying his very best to not laugh or full out smile when talking about Price being hurt.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It could very well be that he is an opportunist who takes advantages of the "accidents" he creates but throws in a little intentional shot if the situation presents itself.

there's NO doubt in my mind if he's not trying to injure him, he's reckless and trying to 'shake him up'. it's indisputable. how far away is this alleged emelin trip?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Take a look at our captain, NOW, take a loot at the bruins captain. Did you spot a difference? There's a reason we can't play there game.

I don't like Gionta and want him gone this offseason. But him being the C has nothing to do with Prust not doing **** about it Saturday. I've seen Krug defend his goalie better than Prust did last game.

Saintpatrick*

of course McGuire stroking Kreider on Melnyk's show

Why Melnyk gives this clown a forum every day is beyond me. If I hear about his time behind the bench in Pittsburgh one more time I'll scream. If you didn't know that he was just an assistant you'd think he was the head coach in Pittsburgh.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Well, there's that whole thing about 'reckless disregard'...

He doesn't hurt him on purpose but he doesn't really care if he gets hurt. He just slams into the goalie... if the goalie gets hurt - oh well.

As was pointed out earlier though, Gallagher's in our lineup and does pretty much the same thing. Unlike Kreider though, he's a smurf.

Gallagher doesn't go in skates first trying to slice up his target if he makes contact.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
I think the thing that bothers me the worst about the entire Price/Kreider situation is the smug smirk he has on his face when he says if he could do things differently he would have scored.

It looked like he was trying his very best to not laugh or full out smile when talking about Price being hurt.

Why would be even care? It not so much what the Habs players did afterwards, its what the Sens players did afterwards, Pens players did afterwards, on and on... and the league allowing that crap.

The NFL has rules protecting the QBs (or players in vulnerable positions). NHL decided to crackdown on the headshots a few years ago after a general outrage over the NHL tolerance over this for years.

It'll have to come from rules changes/enforcement, from the Governors meetings maybe?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It disgusts me that some fans are still embrassing this ********, being the classiest on the ice and stuff.

I wish our team would be more like the Bruins and less like what we were after the incident last game.

I have to stop thinking about it. Everytime I review the sequence in my head, I can't help but being incredibly angry at Prust. The guy is dead to me. I'm done with that metrosexual clown.

the reaction right after IMO was pure shock. Nobody really knew what happened. Some didn't even until after the game. Could have been a Habs penalty, could have been that both were hurt. It happened so...******...fast.

When Prust went after him, he ran away, then the refs got involved. He at least tried to do something. BTW, that's WHY the score was 7-2 and not 4-2. I don't blame Prust at all.

As for getting in fights, consider we don't have Moen and I sure as hell hope we don't have Murray. I'm actually skeptical of what would happen if Prust did try to fight him given the height disparity, though he's done well against Lucic. Only Weise left to battle it out and the rags have plenty of guys who can throw. Tinordi in along with Murray...yeah, np. (BTW, I think they BOTH were in against ANA when Toker played.) Now realizing this guy is going to make for some special photoshops over time.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
InfamousKaleidoscopicHusky.gif

Should consider a career in Tae Kwon Do

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
Gallagher doesn't go in skates first trying to slice up his target if he makes contact.

Havent seen Gally elbowing the opposing goalie on purpose like Kreider did to MAF in the previous round.

If anything, for getting close to opposing goalies, Gally is the one paying the price. The smile on Kreider's face after he took Price out tells you how much he was in pain.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
there's NO doubt in my mind if he's not trying to injure him, he's reckless and trying to 'shake him up'. it's indisputable. how far away is this alleged emelin trip?

Emelin might have knocked his right leg such that he wouldn't have been able to get it down when he expected to. However, he still had sufficient balance to fire a shot and only after he takes the shot does he fall down skates first, meaning that the shot is what ultimately led to him falling down, if we assume he wasn't diving or deliberately trying to slice up Carey. Even if he kept his balance, Carey would have STILL been bowled over.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I did hear Therrien use the word reckless, meaning that Kreider didn't show proper caution in the play. I also heard him say that he has a history of these incidents. But I did hear the words on purpose, intentional, or other synonyms in his presser.

Today, he said : It's not the first time he runs a goalie on purpose.

He said exactly that but in french. If you don't want to believe it fine but he did say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad