GDT: ECF Game 2 New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens 5/19/14 8:00pm EST CBC,NBCCN,RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
played while watching this works too:
InfamousKaleidoscopicHusky.gif

Did the puck go wide or does Price make the save there? Gotta say, that's some dedication by him to do anything to stop the puck with that fk face bearing down on him, almost like he's surprised when they do collide.

Really hoping the next goalie Krieder kills is the boards.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Therrien said it was a reckless play and that he has a history of it. Being reckless simply means not having any concern with regards to the consequences or not showing proper caution, and Kreider does seem rather reckless in his style. Emelin whack or not, he was going to crash into Price because he was fully committed to executing his shot attempt at all costs. Reckless indeed. But intentional is different from reckless, and only Kreider knows that.

Therrien just said that Kreider has a history of purposely running goalies today. He said : Kreider, we talked about him yesterday, and it's not the first time he hits a goalie on purpose.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
If you want to assert that someone intentionally did something, intent is the WHOLE CRUX of the matter. Just like murder vs. manslaughter, intent is the primary difference that distinguishes the two.

The elbow vs MAF in the previous round and the skates first vs Price are all thats required to make a judgement.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
If you want to assert that someone intentionally did something, intent is the WHOLE CRUX of the matter. Just like murder vs. manslaughter, intent is the primary difference that distinguishes the two.

as i mentioned on the main board - a good analogy i heard today. when a pitcher comes inside he has a responsibility not to hit batter and injure him. The onus is on kreider to not be reckless and he is

Inked87

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
POSITIVE VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBEZ!! Tokarski will hopefully lead us to the Stanley Cup Finals :yo: Ya never know guys.... If the Habs win tonight, they'll win the series.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Therrien just said that Kreider has a history of purposely running goalies today. He said : Kreider, we talked about him yesterday, and it's not the first time he hits a goalie on purpose.

I did hear Therrien use the word reckless, meaning that Kreider didn't show proper caution in the play. I also heard him say that he has a history of these incidents. But I did hear the words on purpose, intentional, or other synonyms in his presser.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

If you drive drunk, are you intending to kill people?

What do we do to and think about people who drive drunk?

reckless is reckless, but it's not a far jump from intentional.

btw, therrien IIRC did NOT say "on purpose" or "intentional"

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Bergevin will change the culture if some of his McCarron/Crisp/JDLR picks pan out. The previous regime went with our type of zero muscle lineup which only put them at the mercy of officials. Officials aren't there to be judges, they control game flow and will just as soon put 2 guys in the box as 1, and the retaliator in the box over the instigator. They don't care about fair. The team needs the sneaky in the shadows players that get into the heads of opposition and will dish out payback when it needs to be done.

Listen, I hate Matt Cooke, but he might have been a guy to have around last game. He's got "payback" down to an art. I mean the guy took out the Norris trophy defenseman on a blatent foul and got away with it. As for Lucic, he's a ****** but how many spears has he got away with? You know what they say about nice guys, they win Lady Byng trophies and finish with the virtual Classy Cup

It sickens me that there is no response to a dangerous play and the officials even turned it around to overpunish the retaliators.

It disgusts me that some fans are still embrassing this ********, being the classiest on the ice and stuff.

I wish our team would be more like the Bruins and less like what we were after the incident last game.

I have to stop thinking about it. Everytime I review the sequence in my head, I can't help but being incredibly angry at Prust. The guy is dead to me. I'm done with that metrosexual clown. ****, my garage league goalie gets ran less than this, and I'm giving more **** to the guy than Prust did to Kreider in a SCP game.

Last edited:

Habarazzi

Feb 19, 2008
InfamousKaleidoscopicHusky.gif
[/QUOTE]

I've seen this video so many times now (and from many angles) .... It's the Habs fan's version of the Zapruder Film ..... :sarcasm:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The elbow vs MAF in the previous round and the skates first vs Price are all thats required to make a judgement.

It could very well be that he is an opportunist who takes advantages of the "accidents" he creates but throws in a little intentional shot if the situation presents itself.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
When **** keeps following you wherever you go, maybe it's you that stinks. Had a person with a pretty big rap sheet, ehm ehm, done this he would have been suspended indefinitely. But hey Krabs boy is a good kid, no WAY he would ever do something like this one purpose.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
It disgusts me that some fans are still embrassing this ********, being the classiest on the ice and stuff.

I wish our team would be more like the Bruins and less like what we were after the incident last game.

I have to stop thinking about it. Everytime I review the sequence in my head, I can't help but being incredibly angry at Prust. The guy is dead to me. I'm done with that metrosexual clown.

Take a look at our captain, NOW, take a loot at the bruins captain. Did you spot a difference? There's a reason we can't play there game.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
It could very well be that he is an opportunist who takes advantages of the "accidents" he creates but throws in a little intentional shot if the situation presents itself.

Put it this way: he's quickly becoming the Sean Avery/Matt Cooke of crashing into goalies and he's only been playing in the NHL for what, 90 games?

You need some sort of dedication to achieve Avery/Cooke like greatness in a span so short.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
If you drive drunk, are you intending to kill people?

What do we do to and think about people who drive drunk?

reckless is reckless, but it's not a far jump from intentional.

btw, therrien IIRC did NOT say "on purpose" or "intentional"

Reckless acts can be just as bad results-wise as intentional acts, as your example shows; I am not disputing that. I am talking about whether the act is or is not intentional. Even I'm flip-flopping at times because the play is so "on the edge", so to speak.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, there's that whole thing about 'reckless disregard'...

He doesn't hurt him on purpose but he doesn't really care if he gets hurt. He just slams into the goalie... if the goalie gets hurt - oh well.

As was pointed out earlier though, Gallagher's in our lineup and does pretty much the same thing. Unlike Kreider though, he's a smurf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad