ECF Game 1 | Senators @ Penguins | 7:00 PM ET | NBC CBC SN TVAS PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I mean, they had a ton of perimeter zone time and possession generally. And Ottawa had an above average game keeping them to the outside. If the Penguins crack that perimeter they'd be in good shape. Possession-wise they obviously dominated.

This...almost all of their looks were from the outside. This is perfect chessockey, basically. Can't wait for Monday!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Unfortunately a great series will not translate into great hockey.

It does not translate into wide open back and forth hockey .. but if you have a team that needs to play team defense and wait for your breaks to win ..and you execute that against a very strong offensive team.. that is great hockey too... maybe not as entertaining,

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Man the 1-3-1 neutral zone trap is so BORING TO WATCH.

But hey got give Ottawa props as it slowed down Pittsburgh.

;)

I didn't catch the first 15 minutes of the game.

Pens didn't exactly bring their A game. Looked more like their C game. No sense of urgency or killer instinct. Made me think of game 6 against the Caps :rant:. Maybe too much partying after beating the Caps, or too tired, or taking Ottawa too lightly. Who knows.

I'm also assuming Ottawa can play better? They seemed pretty soft out there, basically collapsing down low, then coming out slow.

I guess it will have to be Pens in 4 instead of 3 :D.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
More to the point: The correct way to eat a hot dog is with ketchup, meat sauce (not chili) and sauerkraut. Anything else is incorrect.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
One close game doesnt make the series,I expect Pittsburgh to be very hungry for the next one .We will have to be even better,or it will get ugly fast:nod:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Thrilled to come home and see a win! Didn't get to watch...

As a Sens fan, my hope was to get one win on the road, so this is a great start.

Gonna be an uphill battle still and I suspect Pens to come out guns a blazing! So hopefully Sens bring their best each game. Win or lose I'm impressed by the tenacity and heart of this Sens team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
More to the point: The correct way to eat a hot dog is with ketchup, meat sauce (not chili) and sauerkraut. Anything else is incorrect.

For sure with ketchup and sauerkraut. I need a good place in Pittsburgh where I can get sauerkraut hot dogs. One thing that sucks about being in college, you can't mooch food off of your parents here :laugh:

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Congratulations. Unfortunately, Sullivan didn't work his magic tonight. It's the players who skate, defend, score, hit, etc. Coach worship is overrated in every sport. The Pens are good because of their players ... the coaches get way too much credit / blame for pretty much being baby sitters. Sullivan the Great didn't do much prior until inheriting the Penguins roster.

It's easy to say this until you actually have to play the motivator/tactician/ego-managing roles.

There are many examples in sports where the coach was replaced by some no-name/inferior option and the team didn't play as well as they could have.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
71vHtW.jpg

Hot-dog chou moutarde

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I didn't catch the first 15 minutes of the game.

Pens didn't exactly bring their A game. Looked more like their C game. No sense of urgency or killer instinct. Made me think of game 6 against the Caps :rant:. Maybe too much partying after beating the Caps, or too tired, or taking Ottawa too lightly. Who knows.

I'm also assuming Ottawa can play better? They seemed pretty soft out there, basically collapsing down low, then coming out slow.

I guess it will have to be Pens in 4 instead of 3 :D.

Do you want me to bring out the Rangers' excuses cheat sheet?

☐ The team didn't show up
☐ The coach played the wrong players
☐ The Sens are the luckiest team in history
☐ They beat themselves
☐ The refs are biased <- Pens are not allowed to use this one, for obvious reasons

Based on your post, I filled this one out for you:
☑ The team didn't show up
☐ The coach played the wrong players
☐ The Sens are the luckiest team in history
☑ They beat themselves
☐ The refs are biased

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
^ You forgot "It was an afternoon game"

Those stats were actually surprising like the 5 v 5 Corsi because I thought the Pens had a lot more chances/possession and the Sens just played a counter-attacking road game. I'm guessing my perception was skewed due the PP's that the Pens got mainly early on.

Also speaking of which, their PP looks like it's completely lost confidence since mid-way through the Caps series.

The Sens forwards seem like they're quicker at getting to pucks, they aren't as physical as the Caps but they're tougher to play against in a different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad