GDT: ECF - Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 8pm EST, ESPN - Series (0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Most of you are too young to know this but it reminds me of the $6 million man...we can rebuild him. I don't know how this guy keeps coming back and playing!!! Freaking warrior!!!!
I heard his significant other is bionic.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It was a beautiful feeling this morning waking up, getting ready for work, and at the end grabbing my jersey to take with me.

Just like Game 1 against Pittsburgh, this one has me excited. They've really won 8 playoff games and are 8 away from do something I never expected as possible this year.

On top of all of that, the Eastern Conference Final the last two years was painful to spectate and last year was a lot of agita by the end, especially once Montreal won against Vegas. If the Rangers win this series, after what has happened the last two years in this exact round, Cloud 9 won't be enough to represent how I feel.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Really hoping we can get Sammy Blais back in the lineup early in this series. We could really use his size and physical play with Tampa's size on D. I would personally put him in for Vatrano, who is a smaller skilled guy who hasnt popped as much with the checking getting tighter. The only other options are Reaves or Kakko, and again, you want as much size as possible against this Tampa team.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vatrano
Panarin-Strome-Copp
Lafreniere-Chytil-Blais
Motte-Goodrow-Reaves

Extras: Kakko, Rooney, Hunt, Gauthier, Brodzinski

(Same defense)

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Braun-Schneider

Extras: Nemeth, Hajek

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Blais and Lafreniere had chemistry before Blais went down. Stack that 4th line with a combination of puck possession, forechecking, and physicality.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin-Strome-Copp
Lafreniere-Chytil-Blais
Kakko-Goodrow-Reaves

Extras: Rooney, Hunt, Gauthier, Brodzinski

(Same defense)

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Braun-Schneider

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Blais and Lafreniere had chemistry before Blais went down. Stack that 4th line with a combination of puck possession, forechecking, and physicality
What's a Motte with you?

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
View from the other side of the street. Ryan McDonagh, Alex Killorn, Coach Jon Cooper, G.M. Julien Brissebois, Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Panarin-Strome-Copp
Lafreniere-Chytil-Blais
Motte-Goodrow-Reaves

(Same defense)

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Braun-Schneider

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Blais and Lafreniere had chemistry before Blais went down. Stack that 4th line with a combination of puck possession, forechecking, and physicality.

Cant take Kakko out with how the Kid Line has performed throughout the playoffs. And Reaves size and physicality is needed against a Tampa team that will take liberties if you don't have an answer. Vatrano to me is the clear odd man out. Hasnt done enough on that top line.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Panarin-Strome-Copp
Lafreniere-Chytil-Blais
Motte-Goodrow-Reaves

(Same defense)

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Braun-Schneider

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Every time they mess with removing Kakko from the kids line ends up making them less effective.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Blais hasn't even practiced in a contact jersey.

There' steps to this. He's coming off of a massive knee ligament injury. If it was a Broken Bone, I could see him coming back. Ligaments is not something you mess with. He'd have to slowly build up to it IMO

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Every time they mess with removing Kakko from the kids line ends up making them less effective.
I do agree with this. But if for some reason we see ourselves down 2-0 after the first two games, and Blais is available, I would 100% swap him in for Kakko.

Reactions: Lays

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Cant take Kakko out with how the Kid Line has performed throughout the playoffs. And Reaves size and physicality is needed against a Tampa team that will take liberties if you don't have an answer. Vatrano to me is the clear odd man out. Hasnt done enough on that top line.
I’d rather play Vatrano on the kids line then

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tampa fan bringing up cheating because of a picture in the GDT . I find that pretty funny. Lol.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Agreed. He's been cycling and creating chances really well. He's been excellent along the boards. I wouldn't sit him. If anything, sit Reavo for Blais.

I really can't believe we've made it this far, honestly. The boys worked their asses off. Watching the Oilers v. Avs game last night, one of the guys brought up a really good point: What are either of those teams going to do against really defensively sound teams like us or Tampa. Mark my words, whomever comes out of this series, provided they aren't too banged up, wins the cup imo. We have a REAL shot here. The best part? With the exception of a couple of guys who are older or moveable, our young core has the chance to be around for at least ten years. That's a loooooooot of time to build towards cup runs.

So I say revel in this. To me, everything at this point is just gravy.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Really really need to come out with jump and score early. Don't give any time for Vasy to get in our heads, hopefully they will be a bit rusty and we can can get on top of them. Definitely don't want a slow feeling out period because that's what Tampa will want and then jump on us later when our tired legs come out.

Really need to win this one.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad