GDT: ECF - Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 8pm EST, ESPN - Series (0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
20220601_072211.jpg

You have been visited by the bust of Alexis Lafreniere.

One like = one breakout.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I feel like they can win. Why not?

Carolina wasn’t anywhere close to as good as we hyped them up to be. We’re doing the same thing to Tampa, and team we beat three times in the regular season, none of which were Igor vs. Toronto levels of theft, and who we finished above in the standings and have home ice.

It’s in our nature to doubt. It’s what happens when you feel the pain of losing so many times. But why not just win?

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I feel like they can win. Why not?

Carolina wasn’t anywhere close to as good as we hyped them up to be. We’re doing the same thing to Tampa, and team we beat three times in the regular season, none of which were Igor vs. Toronto levels of theft, and who we finished above in the standings and have home ice.

It’s in our nature to doubt. It’s what happens when you feel the pain of losing so many times. But why not just win?
What concerns me is Tampa has levels they can reach deep down that we don't know about. Toronto was beating them pretty good but they reached down and fought back and won, despite no Point. Not that we do not have that ability either, obviously, but that group has been there and everywhere.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I feel like Tampa is in between the extremes of Carolina and Pitt. Carolina can stifle you and be relentless with the forecheck, but they won't scare you on offense/PP. Pitt had the ability to score at will with their stars and capitalize on every single mistake, but didn't have great goaltending/defense.

Tampa is just a solid all around team with great goaltending and can take advantage of getting PPs. We will have room for offense which could be huge for us and shouldn't get overwhelmed on defense. Going to have to get through Vasilevsky though. Difference with them is they will be a consistent team. Pitt and Car were streaky.

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
Hope the momentum of just playing carries over and Tampa is a bit rusty. I can only imagine what the Garden Crowd will be like right before puck drop, should be absolutely rocking!

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Really hoping we can get Sammy Blais back in the lineup early in this series. We could really use his size and physical play with Tampa's size on D. I would personally put him in for Vatrano, who is a smaller skilled guy who hasnt popped as much with the checking getting tighter. The only other options are Reaves or Kakko, and again, you want as much size as possible against this Tampa team.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Really hoping we can get Sammy Blais back in the lineup early in this series. We could really use his size and physical play with Tampa's size on D. I would personally put him in for Vatrano, who is a smaller skilled guy who hasnt popped as much with the checking getting tighter. The only other options are Reaves or Kakko, and again, you want as much size as possible against this Tampa team.
I think the lineup isn't changed unless we get desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad