ECF GAME 1 - Carolina @ BOSTON | NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS , WESTWOOD ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Boston is really good at gaming the officials and relying on their special teams to win. It's a very effective strategy

I'd hate to have to put you on ignore CLWM because you usually can post insightful stuff but this nonsense isn't worth discussing for you, Hurricanes or Bruins fans.

Please get over the loss. Please.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'd hate to have to put you on ignore CLWM because you usually can post insightful stuff but this nonsense isn't worth discussing for you, Hurricanes or Bruins fans.

Please get over the loss. Please.
It wasn't meant to be a dig at Boston or anything. I wish the Leafs would try to copy it. I just meant they are really good at getting officials to call penalties both ways, and usually dominate the special teams battle. Tampa tried to do the same thing but it didn't really go as well for them in the playoffs

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The refs find a way to shift momentum. Its been happening all playoffs in Bostons favour.

And it's not like it's some well kept secret. Yesterday on Overdrive Boston was described as having a well earned reputation for getting favorable calls at important times, it's something other teams are aware of.

It's just that more fanbases are starting to clue in to it that there is more noise.

Canes will get jobbed unfortunately.

I’m sure the completely honest guys on overdrive mentioned the fact a puck bounced off the protective net and play was continued leading to a goal against Boston just as I’m sure you’ve posted here many times saying that was a bad call as well in your completely objective view.

Reactions: Bocephus86

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I’m sure the completely honest guys on overdrive mentioned the fact a puck bounced off the protective net and play was continued leading to a goal against Boston just as I’m sure you’ve posted here many times saying that was a bad call as well in your completely objective view.

Nevermind a goaltender interference goal that the Leafs got and one that went against the Bruins vs Columbus in game 6.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Game 2 might be swamped on Sunday with Premier League and 2 NBA Game 7’s, maybe 3. AND Game of Thrones

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
People yattering about the refs need to stop. It's become 'I'm going to take my ball and go home' - then go home.

You think Bruins fans haven't been on the wrong side of calls? Seriously? Of all teams?

Carolina earned their penalties tonight and a whole lot more. They simply fell behind the play and took penalties.

Watch the last 25 minutes of the game, in slow motion, free frame, and tell me how you would've called it different. Bruins were composed. Hurricanes weren't. If anything there should've been a few more calls on Carolina.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ok bud.

Whatever works for ya.

PPs were 2-0 for the Leafs in Game 7. And 4-1 for Columbus in Game 6. Columbus also won a game in double overtime on the PP

It wasn't meant to be a dig at Boston or anything. I wish the Leafs would try to copy it. I just meant they are really good at getting officials to call penalties both ways, and usually dominate the special teams battle. Tampa tried to do the same thing but it didn't really go as well for them in the playoffs

2 powerplays in the last two games against the Leafs and 1 PP in the last two games vs Columbus.

Some real nice 'gaming' there

I get what you're saying about walking the line but these two pointed out the facts about their series clinching wins against Toronto and Columbus.

The Bruins win 5 on 5 battles just like tonight. Take away all the PP goals tonight and the EN and the Bruins still win 2-1.

SpectralThundr

Apr 18, 2019
It’s bad equally. The bruins are just the most recent beneficiaries.

That they’re better on their special teams, and performing better with their chances makes people think the Bruins are favorites as well
Pretty much this, the officiating in this game was bad on both sides of the puck. The difference is Boston can score on the PP. For the people bitching about the incidental contact non call at center ice, either you don't know hockey or have blinders on. It's been pretty hilarious going through this thread post game and knowing exactly at what point of the game the posts are from when all of a sudden Carolina fans are whining about refs out of nowhere. It was bad period tonight, no amount of claiming some Boston fix or Jacobs paid them off make it true, it just makes you look ignorant to the fact that NHL officiating is terrible in general and has been for a very long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad