Pre-Game Talk: ECF GAME 1 8:13 PM 5/9 - Hello Whalercanes, Welcome Back to Boston - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5

Which team will win Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Why? So we know what every players mothers maiden name is and what their first pee wee team was

I hate his delivery. It seriously sounds like he's sitting down in a comfy chair, smoking a cigar and having a glass of scotch. No emotion when things get crazy. AT ALL.

So Fenway, does that mean he will be there then?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I hate his delivery. It seriously sounds like he's sitting down in a comfy chair, smoking a cigar and having a glass of scotch. No emotion when things get crazy. AT ALL.

He will work the WCF with Kenny Albert

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
In general, I try to take decent care of myself. I cook at home, exercise regularly, and try to get plenty of sleep. Then, the playoffs.

I eat like ****. I drink all the time. I don't sleep. I've gone from 5 or 6 workouts a week to 2 or 3. My eyes are puffy and my fuse is short. My bank account is sad.

Don't say I've never sacrificed for this team

I'm up six lbs, blow 12 bucks a day on lunch instead of making it in the am, sleep in, pass the gym on the way to work...

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
PREDICTIONS:

Pastrnak gains traction and ramps up his production this series.

The “jerks” stick to playing hockey.

Local fans come through and deliver big time playoff atmosphere in Carolina.

TP starts out scared, slips into questioning reality, discovers the meaning of life and ultimately survives the series with his mind in tact.

Something controversial happens with regards to a call getting reviewed. Fenway delivers the scoop from behind enemy lines.

Doubters will come out at some point and Ladyfan will stay loyal.

I’ll stay awake for every game.

Bruins take it in 7.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
PREDICTIONS:

TP starts out scared, slips into questioning reality, discovers the meaning of life and ultimately survives the series with his mind in tact.

Something controversial happens with regards to a call getting reviewed. Fenway delivers the scoop from behind enemy lines.

Bruins take it in 7.
The only way I will want a Game 7 is if we are down 2-3

Game 7 in St Louis was fun because I didn’t care.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
PREDICTIONS:

Bruins take it in 7.

Agree with everything except for you staying awake for every game.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
You get your money back. STH get charged for all possible games in a round (4 this one) and get a refund for any unused games.

Wait ... season tickets do NOT include the playoffs?
That's kinda odd.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Last round vs Columbus......particularly games 5 and 6......if you listen after every Bruins goal, there was silence for at least a few seconds (not talking about the crowd, just the announcing team). It was.......weird......and didn't happen after Columbus goals.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
That's kinda odd.

Huh? They never do........in any sport. You keep the same seat, but always have to pay additional $ for them as they qualify for the next round.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Last round vs Columbus......particularly games 5 and 6......if you listen after every Bruins goal, there was silence for at least a few seconds (not talking about the crowd, just the announcing team). It was.......weird......and didn't happen after Columbus goals.
Yeah, I didn't hear anything after Columbus scores in Game 6... :sarcasm:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That's kinda odd.

A STH simply has the right to buy the same seat for every playoff game - always been that way

Tickets for the SCF in 1970 were so expensive :cry: :sarcasm: $58 in 2019 dollars - same price all rounds

upload_2019-5-8_17-21-24.png

Last edited:

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Huh? They never do........in any sport. You keep the same seat, but always have to pay additional $ for them as they qualify for the next round.

Didn't know that. I was surprised, because you don't have to pay extra for the playoffs in Germany.

Reactions: HOLDEN44FAN

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
That's kinda odd.

Not only are they not included, they cost you more each round. My $57 each regular season tickets will cost over $200 each if they make the Finals.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
There is another factor at play - this is not political it is simply a fact

A lot of people who were expecting a tax refund were shocked that they had to pay this year.
That is me. My Federal refund usually pays for a round or two. This year for the first time in my life I had to pay almost 2000.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You get your money back. STH get charged for all possible games in a round (4 this one) and get a refund for any unused games.
STH get charged for games the B's will play only if you pick the payment plan"Pay as you go" For example as soon as they knew we would be in the playoffs they hit your credit card for 2 games....AS soon as they knew there would be a game 5 they hit your card.

For this round I have been charged for games one and two only so far

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
STH get charged for games the B's will play only if you pick the payment plan"Pay as you go" For example as soon as they knew we would be in the playoffs they hit your credit card for 2 games....AS soon as they knew there would be a game 5 they hit your card.

For this round I have been charged for games one and two only so far

I give the Bruins some credit for this - My friend from Chicago had to pay the entire playoff strip upfront

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad