Series Talk: ECF - Bruins vs. Hurricanes

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Always comes back to Cher

Never forgave her for dumping Sonny and ruining the Alman Brothers

So it looks as if their waiting for the out come of tonight's game and if San Jose wins the Bruins will play on Sunday,Colorado wins its Saturday.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I'm on the fence with this one..
Thinking in 5 maybe 6 games.
I'll be safe ,so should the Bruins.
I'll say B's in 6.

Reactions: TCB

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I dont know... Caps were/are a pretty solid team and the Islanders were no slouches either. I know for a fact that fans of both those teams said the exact same thing. Canes just seem to have a knack for scoring goals at the right time and it doesn't show up in stats.

Kuznetsov did absolutely nothing in that series and Islanders played the most overrated Penguins team ever. Even though I really like Aho and Teräväinen but I cant see Canes winning more than 1 game.

3/8 predictions this year tho. But I see Carolinas magic ending now.

One note. Aho will score alot of shorthanded goals if we give them same kind of chances that we gave against Columbus on PP.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
So it looks as if their waiting for the out come of tonight's game and if San Jose wins the Bruins will play on Sunday,Colorado wins its Saturday.

San Jose's building is booked Sunday. St. Louis' building is booked Friday & Monday for concerts, which almost assuredly makes it likely the WCF will start Saturday (in the 8 p.m. NBC timeslot), pushing the Bruins into NBC's 3 p.m. Sunday timeslot for Game 2.

But the timing of the WCF Game 2 can't really be determined until the NHL knows if San Jose or St. Louis is hosting. Either two contingency schedules will be released (a la the end of the first round with Washington/Carolina playing Game 7) or the NHL will announce the dates of the two weekend games with the rest of the series to be announced after the WCF teams are determined. If San Jose wins tonight, WCF will likely be Saturday-Monday for Games 1/2 (and the ECF Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday for the first three games), and likely alternating after. If Colorado wins & St. Louis hosts, Game 2 for the WCF would *have* to be Tuesday and that would likely throw a wrench into the Bruins-Canes series (likely forcing either a back-to-back for someone or a second three-day break).

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Kuznetsov did absolutely nothing in that series and Islanders played the most overrated Penguins team ever. Even though I really like Aho and Teräväinen but I cant see Canes winning more than 1 game.

3/8 predictions this year tho. But I see Carolinas magic ending now.

One note. Aho will score alot of shorthanded goals if we give them same kind of chances that we gave against Columbus on PP.
Ovechkin was still hungover as well.

I think its time too make some adjustments on the PP, start with McAvoy. I know he's out for game one, but I'd prefer him out there over Krug. He can do it all and is a lot sounder defensively and is used to covering for Chara so getting back with an odd man advantage should make it lot easier on him.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8 and kthx

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
In my opinion, out of the three teams the Bruins have faced/will face, Carolina has the best defense. Something I also think that was missing in the Columbus series was a center on that team that can shutdown the Bruins, Staal can be that player.

The Bruins faced a fast team in Toronto. A physical team in Columbus. Carolina is a bit of a mix of both. Probably the least physical of the three for sure, but they are relentless and give 100% each shift. It should be a good series.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
In my opinion, out of the three teams the Bruins have faced/will face, Carolina has the best defense. Something I also think that was missing in the Columbus series was a center on that team that can shutdown the Bruins, Staal can be that player.

The Bruins faced a fast team in Toronto. A physical team in Columbus. Carolina is a bit of a mix of both. Probably the least physical of the three for sure, but they are relentless and give 100% each shift. It should be a good series.

think you are correct on the best D although Jones and Werenski are terrific D-men too. A few guarantees when facing the Canes is they will shoot a ton and their opponent will get loads of offensive opportunities.

I think the Canes goaltending will show cracks and I think their lack of depth will as well. They are too scrappy to get swept, it won`t be easy by any stretch but I`ll call B`s in 6

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

They are. In Game 4 vs. NYI they were defending a lead in the final 5 mins and we're just forechecking the Islanders with all they had, 2-men in an causing the Isles D-men a lot of problems breaking out of their zone. Most teams would of reverted to a 1-4 trap and try to hold their opponent off from scoring, but not these guys.

That's the Carolina advantage this series, they need to make it very hard on the Bruins D-corps getting out of the Bruins zone clean.

Reactions: Absurdity

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
San Jose's building is booked Sunday. St. Louis' building is booked Friday & Monday for concerts, which almost assuredly makes it likely the WCF will start Saturday (in the 8 p.m. NBC timeslot), pushing the Bruins into NBC's 3 p.m. Sunday timeslot for Game 2.

But the timing of the WCF Game 2 can't really be determined until the NHL knows if San Jose or St. Louis is hosting. Either two contingency schedules will be released (a la the end of the first round with Washington/Carolina playing Game 7) or the NHL will announce the dates of the two weekend games with the rest of the series to be announced after the WCF teams are determined. If San Jose wins tonight, WCF will likely be Saturday-Monday for Games 1/2 (and the ECF Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday for the first three games), and likely alternating after. If Colorado wins & St. Louis hosts, Game 2 for the WCF would *have* to be Tuesday and that would likely throw a wrench into the Bruins-Canes series (likely forcing either a back-to-back for someone or a second three-day break).

What a mess

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ok thanks

I like San Jose

But

I liked
Tampa
Washington
Pittsburgh
Calgary
Winnipeg

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Don’t take them lightly. The Canes are on fire and confident. This team doesn’t want to go away.

Don’t underestimate any team.

Never take anyone lightly. This is a team that deserves to be here playing how they have played the last month. The Bruins need to play their best hockey, and if they play their best hockey, I am probably more confident than I should be

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bruins in 5

check out these, Moore must have broke butches hot tub or something:

I don't know if I like that Chara/Clifton pairing. The Canes have a lot of speed up front and although I like Clifton, I don't think he's ready for full time duty with Chara because he'll be asked to cover for Big Z lack of speed a lot. I'd prefer Carlo but Cassidy knows his players best.

As far as Moore, I wonder as well. Sweeney comments alone left me wondering if its more than just the lack of faith with Moore as a player.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hoping for B's in 6 so I can see it live myself :)

Will be a tough series for sure though. Canes top 6 is great and their depth is better with the return of Svechnikov and possibly Ferland. Mrazek has been pretty good.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Seems like the biggest difference between these two teams is the goaltending. Bruins should have the advantage, but you never know in a 7 game series.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I agree with going with Kampfer

I can’t stress enough how terrible Moore and Grzelyck both look playing on the right side

Hoping Game 2 is Sunday

Cause where prob gonna need Carlo and Chara to play between 26-30 mins this game

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I also wonder how much the NBA scheduling is delaying the NHL schedule release. There's still two pairs of teams who share arenas who could make their conference finals: Bruins/Celtics and Avs/Nuggets. They probably want to maintain as much flexibility in arena scheduling as possible, and delaying the announcement does do that.

That's probably why they didn't announce "If the Avs win, this is the schedule; if the Sharks win, this is the schedule" after last night's game. The NHL would probably love a Celtics loss tonight; more Boston eyeballs on the Bruins, AND less headache scheduling the Garden.

Sucks to have a probable game on Mother's Day, but we won on Easter. Also sucks that STL would get three days rest after a 7-game series, while we get three days rest after a 6-game series.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I don't know if I like that Chara/Clifton pairing. The Canes have a lot of speed up front and although I like Clifton, I don't think he's ready for full time duty with Chara because he'll be asked to cover for Big Z lack of speed a lot. I'd prefer Carlo but Cassidy knows his players best.

As far as Moore, I wonder as well. Sweeney comments alone left me wondering if its more than just the lack of faith with Moore as a player.

I agree, from his comments it made it sound like whatever is wrong with Moore won't get fixed till the off-season but he could fill in if needed.

As far as Clifton goes I do think it's a good fit. What he excels at (skating, transition, big hits) is similar to what McAvoy brings just not at the same level. If he can get the puck out of the zone so Chara doesn't fling it out and get a penalty then I'll be happy. Also Chara as a communicator will do wonders for getting Clifton into the right places at the right times.

I expect the Krug-Carlo pairing to be the real #1 pairing.

Reactions: Alicat and TCB

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A Sunday matinee game on Mother’s Day would suck
Big time. My daughter is flying home for Mother's Day and paid for 2 really good seats to a show in Boston for Mom's day. The show starts at 1 and is 2 1/2 hours. She also thought game 1 would be Sat so she paid big $$$ for a seat in the first row of Loge 1...She is flying in on Sat so Thurs doesn't work for her.

I am not pleased about the Sunday time.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Ovechkin was still hungover as well.

I think its time too make some adjustments on the PP, start with McAvoy. I know he's out for game one, but I'd prefer him out there over Krug. He can do it all and is a lot sounder defensively and is used to covering for Chara so getting back with an odd man advantage should make it lot easier on him.

I think at least 2 of the breakaways/short handed attempts were due to Pasta giving up puck? Is that right? I do remember one of them was a Krug pinch that got by him, however...

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Big time. My daughter is flying home for Mother's Day and paid for 2 really good seats to a show in Boston for Mom's day. The show starts at 1 and is 2 1/2 hours. She also thought game 1 would be Sat so she paid big $$$ for a seat in the first row of Loge 1...She is flying in on Sat so Thurs doesn't work for her.

I am not pleased about the Sunday time.
Ive talked to a handful of guys that have similar stories. The schedule is weird - why 8 PM start time? Why sunday game instead of saturday (2 days rest)? Totally personal - I am sure the schedule works for other people

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins in 5

check out these, Moore must have broke butches hot tub or something:

Kampfer is good skater, fearless, and bright - he’s not the 2010-11 version

BUT he needs to watch when he pinches

The last thing we need is Cassidy benching him and rolling out 42 year old Chara too much

Whenever Chara gets overplayed it’s just a matter of time he gets a delay of game penalty

Kampfer is my canary in the mine - he plays enough and plays well I love our chances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad