GDT: ECF #6 - 05/26/15 | New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 8:00 - NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

scnyrlogoo1.png
bannergdt.png
scnyrlogoo1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2015 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
GAME #6 - 05/26/2015

vs
NYR: 2___________TBL: 3

TIME | 8:00 PM ET VENUE | AMALIE ARENA - TAMPA, FL TV | NBCSN, TVA, CBC

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It’s win or go home. So we just have to leave it all out there.
You can’t play cautious or tentative, just go out there and play confident and try to go out there and get a win. It’s pretty simple.
- Marc Staal

I think we worked hard at times without the puck, but our execution just wasn’t there. We weren’t able to connect the dots.
They did a good job getting into shot lanes, but we have to make sure we are offensively executing. I think that was our biggest issue.
- Derek Stepan

That was a great shot, post and in, I just couldn't reach it.
Then on the power play that's a big goal, late in the second period. They moved the puck really well there.
- Henrik Lundqvist

Our intentions are to continue to play. If we want to continue to play, we have to play our best game of the year.
I think our experience in these situations might come in and help. I have a lot of faith and trust in my players. They know how to prepare and they know how to get ready for games.
For us this year, there is going to be no bigger game than the next one. So I’m confident that we’re going to be ready for it.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 18 | GF | 50
W | 11 | GA | 42
L | 7 | GF/G | 2.78
HOME | 5-4 | GA/G | 2.33
AWAY | 6-3 | PP% | 21.7
STREAK | W1 | PK% | 81.2
PIM/G | 11.6 | FO% | 51.5

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Tyler Johnson | 12 Assists | Kucherov, Stamkos | 10 Points | Tyler Johnson | 18 + / - | Victor Hedman | +10 Shots | Steven Stamkos | 50 Hits | Ondrej Palat | 58 Blocks | Victor Hedman | 31 PIM | Johnson, Paquette | 24 FO% | Valtteri Filppula | 55.6 TOI/G F: | Alex Killorn | 20:11 TOI/G D: | Victor Hedman | 23:17

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Alex Killorn | Valterri Filppula | Steven Stamkos (C)
Ondrej Palat | Tyler Johnson | Nikita Kucherov
| Cedric Paquette | Ryan Callahan (A)
Brenden Morrow | Brian Boyle (A) | J.T. Brown

LD | RD
Victor Hedman | Anton Stralman
Jason Garrison | Braydon Coburn
Matt Carle | Andrej Sustr
Nikita Nesterov |

Scratched
Mike Angelidis|
Mark Barberio|
Jonathan Drouin|
Jon Marchessault|
Vlad Namestnikov|

STARTING GOALIE:

Bishop-Ben3.png

Benny Bishop

GPI: 18 | W: 11 | L: 7 | PIM: 4
SV% .922 | GAA: 2.08 | GA: 37 | SO: 2

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Mattias Ohlund | Knee (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 17 | GF | 38
W | 10 | GA | 36
L | 7 | GF/G | 2.24
HOME | 6-4 | GA/G | 2.12
AWAY | 4-3 | PP% | 21.0
STREAK | L1 | PK% | 80.8
PIM/G | 8.4 | FO% | 45.0

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Chris Kreider | 7 Assists | Keith Yandle | 8 Points | Derek Stepan | 12 + / - | Keith Yandle | +5 Shots | Rick Nash | 63 Hits | Chris Kreider | 70 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 61 PIM | Tanner Glass | 31 FO% | Dominic Moore | 53.0 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 19:26 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 23:57

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | J.T. Miller
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Jesper Fast
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Martin St. Louis (A)
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | James Sheppard

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Boyle
Keith Yandle | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Ryan Bourque|
Matt Hunwick|
Chris Summers|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 17 | W: 10 | L: 7 | PIM: 0
SV% .929 | GAA: 2.06 | GA: 36 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Mats Zuccarello | Upper body (DTD)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

acTrt15.jpg

XgQivHF.jpg

V3SefVn.jpg

'shop job by Ail.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Could we play some actual....defense?

And no, standing around and watching Tampa make 5 cross ice passes before tapping it into an empty net does not count as playing defense.

Oh, and everyone post your good luck gifs/videos/pictures. Need all the juju.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Won't be wasting my evening watching this atrocity. Will record and fast forward through it later.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
Its very simple, see the guy on the other team with the puck? Knock him off his ****ing saktes.

Marcus AKA Kluivert

Dec 19, 2014
I hate the feeling that this is probably the last GT for this season.

I still believe in us but like others have said this doesnt feel like one of our other "comeback" series. Unfortunely Tampa just feels like the better team.That can, however, all change within the next two games and here is to hoping thats the case.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Let's hope this is where Tampa's inexperience bites them.

Come out the same way we did in Washington for Game 6, don't fall apart in the 3rd though.

Hot start, get a goal. Play tight and with confidence. Don't turtle.

This is it, season on the line once again. Who's going to be the hero?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
How does a team go from being swept in the first round to being in the SCF?

Please Rongos, that can't happen.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Let's try to do what Tampa did in game 6 and build a ****ing force field around Hank, and go back to what we did in game 5 and make Bishop's life a living hell.

I believe in this team. Let's go Rangers!

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
I want screens, I want less pass more shoot quickly, I want to get that oversized fatty moving side to side.

Make those shots count Rangers.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Been in finals mode awhile, away from the boards, just want to say that win or lose, it's been a pleasure going through this season on thee boards. Even when we disagree, I love talking to people who know what they're talking about and love this team like I do. Win or lose I hope this team takes it to Tampa tonight. Three wins from the cup last year, two from the finals, I'm very proud to be a Rangers fan. LGR.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Game #100...

Not much more needs to be said other than win ONE road game. Thats it.

We do this, and it changes everything. Game 7 puts both teams on equal ground. The lightning don't want this, and they are going to want to close it out tonight.

This puts immense pressure on them tonight, rather than us.

We've done it all year, and tonight won't be any different.

Believe.

:rangers

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
The season does not end tonight. There is just no way this team is going out like this.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Game #100...

Not much more needs to be said other than win ONE road game. Thats it.

We do this, and it changes everything. Game 7 puts both teams on equal ground. The lightning don't want this, and they are going to want to close it out tonight.

This puts immense pressure on them tonight, rather than us.

We've done it all year, and tonight won't be any different.

Believe.

:rangers

I want to believe this, but I can't. The pressure is SQUARELY on the Rangers. It's win or die. Tampa gets 2 swings at the pitch, and they know that they can win a game at MSG. Pressure is ALL on the Rangers tonight. That said, I think our guys will prevail. I believe.

Last edited:

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
Won't be wasting my evening watching this atrocity. Will record and fast forward through it later.

Why even bother with that attitude? Just go online after the game and check the score... save yourself even more time.

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
We've all seen this team do this before so there's no reason to think they can't do it again. These are the games Hank plays his best in and all they need is one road win and that will get them to a game 7 at MSG. That's all we could ask for at this point.

Last edited:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Backs against the wall game (again). Please do a repeat of last time and win it guys :)

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
This is when its toughest to be a fan.

Our backs are against a wall against our most formidable opponent yet.

To those who wont be watching because you don't think we can win, shame on you. Good riddance. Success in the face of adversity is the best part of being a fan. If you don't support them now, then you don't deserve to be there when they win.

This isn't over until we lose 4 games. That has not happened yet.

This team will not roll over and die. If Tampa is going to win tonight, they will have to earn it.

Rangers in 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad