Eberle vs. Yakupov. Theme of the year?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Why is it one player vs. another? Why can't we have a fan base who wants both players to succeed instead of picking one player to treat like absolute crap.

I do not understand the hate on for Eberle. Saying he plays like he doesn't care.. I sure as hell don't see that. I see a guy frustrated with not producing and struggling to find his place on a growing team. I see similar things from Yakupov albeit a little more spazzy at times but I honestly think that's just two men with different personalities and playing styles.

I quite enjoyed last nights game, I was involved emotionally both good and bad. I did not see this black hole of turnovers everyone is claiming Eberle was. I checked the stats he is credited with one giveaway, the same amount as numerous other players on our team. The entire line got manhandled by the Sedins especially later on, how shocking. I forgot are the Sedins any good?

This fan base drives me insane sometimes. It is ok to enjoy watching hockey and not have to chose a player to run out of town.

you are kidding yourself if you think eberle didn't play like hot garbage last night. And just because the Sedins are good that gives our players an excuse to get man handled? These guys aren't rookies anymore, not with those paycheques and minutes. Expectations are higher, and with reason.

Zihuatanejo

Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
you are kidding yourself if you think eberle didn't play like hot garbage last night. And just because the Sedins are good that gives our players an excuse to get man handled? These guys aren't rookies anymore, not with those paycheques and minutes. Expectations are higher, and with reason.
If that's your reasoning then there are 4 other guys on the ice with him who also got manhandled. The Sedins were unreal last night, better than I've seen them play in a long time.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If that's your reasoning then there are 4 other guys on the ice with him who also got manhandled. The Sedins were unreal last night, better than I've seen them play in a long time.
The problem is, Eberle is a right winger so in the defensive zone he has to deal with the other teams left winger, which is one of the Sedins.

Eberle did so bad defensively that it was like the other 4 had to play 4on5 everytime they were against the Sedins.

One player can bring down the other 4 very easily.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

The entire top line was pretty terrible. Not just Eberle. Where's the wake-up call for RNH or Hall? Both were incredibly useless.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
The entire top line was pretty terrible. Not just Eberle. Where's the wake-up call for RNH or Hall? Both were incredibly useless.

People have already expressed their grief for everyone on that top line... It's just he was defending eberle, so I used eberle as an example.

Hall and rnh were pretty bad last night also, but Ebs was considerably worse, and besides, I don't really think that line works unless on they're on the pp.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
If you want Ebs off the team, that's the definition of knee-jerk action that will only destroy the team.

Eakins deserves the criticism for not going with the hot hand in Yakupov. I would bet that Eakins will learn this, hopefully sooner rather than later.
From what we've seen from Eakins so far I wouldn't be willing to bet very much that he's learning anything.

I'm not saying Eberle needs to be traded today but I do worry that he's not going to be a key piece on this team if they ever take a step forward. I don't think he should be considered to be an untouchable player on this roster like he has been in the past. I think if there is a deal out there that can improve this roster overall and somebody else wants him included in it then he needs to be moved. I don't believe he's as big a part of a successful future here as Oilers management have painted him to be.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
We should build the team around the following pairings.

Hall - RNH
Draisaitl - Yak
Arcobello - Eberle
Hendricks - Gordon

Arcobello and Eberle have had success in the past, so here is what we do..

Hall - RNH - Purcell
Purcell played with Stamkos and MSL and kept up I'm sure he can do it here.

Pouliot - Draisaitl - Yakupov
This line has chemistry and imp, our best built line

Perron - Arcobello - Eberle
Arcobello can play with both and the other two have played well when paired together, also with third line minutes Eberle should feast on weaker competition.

Hendricks - Gordon - Joensuu.. Cause... Duh

I'd be ok with that if Perron and Purcell didn't look so good together, aw screw it...looks good to me.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
1. Is Eberle starting to slow down or is this just a temporary slow start? Temporary slow start. He's hit 2 posts already.

I swear, If this team scored as many goals as they hit posts.... they'd still suck. But at least they'd have a lot more goals.

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
Wow this place turned on Eberle fast. Incredible.

IMO Yak has to take that spot from Eberle, and 2 games isnt near enough.

Gambl0r83*

As soon as Eberle has 2 straight 3 pt nights, the turnaround on these boards tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad