Easy Stanley Cup win for Tampa?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Is it fair to say that on paper this should be an easy "Stanley Cup" win for Tampa?

What you meant to say was probably "Is it fair to say that on paper this should be an easy "Stanley Cup" win for Vegas?"

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Vasi gets injured and it's bye bye Cup. It's going to be a tough series. I think Vegas is "safer" off, as they have the depth (especially in the net). Isles are a bit shaky/uneven to win it. Same with Dallas.

It's probably Vegas vs. Tampa in the final. If Vasi is healthy, it will be a 7 game deal. Otherwise Vegas.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Most Lightning fans including myself were hoping for a matchup with the Flyers. Islanders play a defense-first, heavy grind game but can actually create offense too. In my eyes they are Columbus with a better forward group and Columbus gave us lots of trouble already. This is the toughest matchup yet for us. Plus there’s the Trotz factor.

Say we beat them then we’ll face either the arguably most balanced team in the league in Vegas or a young and strong Dallas team that eliminated one of the most talented teams in the league in Colorado. None of this screams “easy” to me.

We still don’t know if Stamkos is going to play. And if so, in what condition he will be in. Kuch is banged up too.

Last edited:

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Tampa will for sure make the SCF. Vegas/Dallas will be tough though.

No offense to the Isles but I still don't think they are a good team. I think they got lucky with an easy path.
Isles have already played 3 series... They have already had 3 chances to be eliminated.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

No offense to the Isles but I still don't think they are a good team. I think they got lucky with an easy path.

Islanders go to round 2. Following year they reach the conference finals (and had to win more series in NHL history to get there). Some people are still claiming they're lucky? After a while sometimes you just have to eat crow.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No such thing as easy. Many a time, the favourite team on paper or by opinion lost in the late stages of the playoffs when it looked like they were a sure thing.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
No offense to the Isles but -I still don't think -they are a good team. I think they got lucky with an easy path.

Tell us all some other things you -don’t think -so we have a baseline . You will not discourage the 482 Islanders fans from enjoying this ride ... Go back to your teams draft thread please. LGI

Reactions: Beacon Isles

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Yea really easy path by playing the #1 and #3 seeds in the east. Do you have any other intelligent thoughts?

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
They might have a good shot, but I don't see how you can say it's going to be easy for them.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Vegas looks great, I think TBL/VGK is the 2020 Cup Final matchup and it should be awesome.
This is the finals matchup that the NHL will be hoping for. The Islanders will play a "trap-like" defence against the Bolts, but the Bolts have proven this playoffs that they can play any style, a lot will come down to the goaltenders on each side, who is the Islanders going to go with, Griess or Valy. As for the West, I'd like to see Vegas come out because it would poetic to see a 3rd year team end up winning the COVID Cup!

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Tampa has shown more hearth
577fafd3bb83faf2bced04e3cef1cc8d.jpg

So cozy. But will they be able to compete, bringing that attitude?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Vasi gets injured and it's bye bye Cup. It's going to be a tough series. I think Vegas is "safer" off, as they have the depth (especially in the net). Isles are a bit shaky/uneven to win it. Same with Dallas.

It's probably Vegas vs. Tampa in the final. If Vasi is healthy, it will be a 7 game deal. Otherwise Vegas.
Wow, if a teams #1 goalie goes down then their chances of winning go down to? I 'm shocked.

Isles gonna curbstomp tampa in 4
And just like that, the jinx thread is canceled out.

Reactions: Ingvar and Metroid

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
If they don't win it, I would be shocked.

At this point, I consider them huge favourites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad