Easy Stanley Cup win for Tampa?

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Vancouver Vs. Vegas was supposed to be an easy win for Vegas - Took 7 games
Vancouver Vs. St. Louis was supposed to be an easy win for St. Louis - Van won
Colorado Vs. Dallas was supposed to be an easy win for Colorado - Lost in 7

Nothing is ever easy when injuries, luck and human error are involved.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Tampa took out the team that swept them last year, and a tough Boston team. Yeah, yeah, yeah. "They were missing their starting goaltender." We're missing our captain so don't even play that game.

I don't view any of the teams we faced as an "easy coast". All of them were tough as hell in their own way. I have tremendous respect for this Islander team that beat Washington. Especially doing this without the traitor Tavares. BIG RESPECT. They are the team that I feared the most coming into these playoffs.

I think NYI will be the toughest challenge for us in these playoffs. And that's no disservice to the Golden Nuggets/Stars. They just play a similar game as we do.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
This will age well when the Islanders win the series
It will be a close one. If Kucherov and Stamkos were healthy, I'd say the Isles would be seriously overmatched. As it stands, the teams match up pretty even, but the Isles are better coached. I think the Islanders take the series in 6 or 7, unless Kucherov comes back healthy and has a big series, then it's a different story.

Reactions: ultra63

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Islanders are going to be tough for them. We are more talented than they are but islanders play a style that the Lightning tends to struggle against. Also Trotz outcoached Cooper last time around. Not easy at all. Then if they can get by the islanders and thats a bigger if than I think people realize on here, then they have a very good vegas or dallas team. Neither team excite me to play against. Not easy at all.

Reactions: Embryo

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'd say they have the best chances and Vegas would probably be their toughest matchup, but anything is possible and it's completely unpredictable. On paper, they should win.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This board has thought that Colorado was a lock for the SCF and they didn't even make the WCF.

No team has a "easy" win .

Tampa has deeper team and superior goaltender

Nothing is 100% quaranteed but they’d be my favourites

kelso

Jul 15, 2020
Tampa will for sure make the SCF. Vegas/Dallas will be tough though.

No offense to the Isles but I still don't think they are a good team. I think they got lucky with an easy path.

Reactions: ultra63

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Jinx thread. It’s extremely hard winning the Cup, everything has to go your way and it’s a game of inches, a couple lucky bounces going in for a team makes all the difference.

Reactions: NatoGhost

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Vegas looks darn good. Best of the four.
Its kinda Islanders with more scoring.

Hard to say. I feel that Stars is the most sure loser here. I hope not as I like them but looks bad.

Tampa has shown more hearth and grit this year and it just might be enough to Cup with superb goaltending.
Trotz is a wizard though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad