OT: Eastside Hockey Manager Thread: "We're all better GMs than DW" Edition

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Ok so who actually didn't destroy their AHL team in order to boost the NHL team? I know I turned them into complete garbage to keep my Sharks powerful.

Worcester Sharks only made to playoffs twice in my last 6 years. One year, they were pretty stacked just because I was signing all my prospects and some tryouts and some of them were decent AHL caliber players. That team actually went pretty far. The other time, I have no idea how they made it since the goalie had a ~3.60 GAA and SV% of ~.860.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Ok so who actually didn't destroy their AHL team in order to boost the NHL team? I know I turned them into complete garbage to keep my Sharks powerful.

Worcester is pretty brutal in my game. That probably has something to do with the fact that I traded most of their valuable players for draft picks (lol).

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
I try picking up veterans off the waivers, and sending them down to Worcester. I think their main issue is defense though. I sent Bergman there after juniors, but he's so terrible defensively...like all his defensive abilities are blood red, and he has nothing green except for determination. I think John Scott on D would be a much better player than him...

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I try picking up veterans off the waivers, and sending them down to Worcester. I think their main issue is defense though. I sent Bergman there after juniors, but he's so terrible defensively...like all his defensive abilities are blood red, and he has nothing green except for determination. I think John Scott on D would be a much better player than him...

Another plus from picking up veterans off waivers is that they make for easy trade bait. Even if it's just a 5th round pick or another equivalent value player, sometimes someone overpays for the next player you get.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Even in the video game world Columbus can't help but make the Kings a better team for scraps

7Fb0riL.png

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
After I missed the playoffs in my first season I had a bunch of staff retire...I cant get a damn assistant GM. So I fired TMac and hired Boucher, signed Yakupov for a 3.5 offer sheet and Oilers didnt match, traded Nieto for Severson and a 4th, drafted Strome and Werenski...Now im trying to pry Subban away from Montreal now that hes on the block and they are 10 million over the cap

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Just won the cup again and hilariously enough Thornton who was pretty useless in the first 3 rounds suddenly turned into a monster in the finals with 13 points in the final 4 games. Almost every goal for me was Forsberg assisted by Thornton or Thornton assisted by Forsberg. I was quite proud of my digital Joe Thornton turning into a playoff beast.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Bobrovsky just won the Vezina. He went 12-8-4, 1.88 GAA, and .946 sv% to beat out Price (my goalie). Price was 54-7-6, with 1.94 GAA, and .925 sv%.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Its so hard to trade for 1st round picks. On the other hand I did trade Goodrow for 2 4ths then picked him up off waivers a week later

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's always really satisfying when a draft pick comes out of nowhere to surprise. I got a 60th overall defenseman putting up 60 points at age 20.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Oh my god hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what the **** were the Oilers thinking?! I was looking at their roster since they're still garbage and I see this ****ing contract. I'm dying :biglaugh:

60PYduB.png

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Odd structure on that contract

In good news after Detroit fired Babcock I was able to sign him as my assistant coach!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Nieto got waived by Toronto at some point and he's now with Columbus and he's on a 70 point pace. I have no idea what that was about.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Nieto got waived by Toronto at some point and he's now with Columbus and he's on a 70 point pace. I have no idea what that was about.

**** Toronto. Stamkos refused to resign with me after we won the cup, then he sign's with Toronto as a UFA for less than I offered him. I guess HF leaf fan's were right...Stamkos is going home.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

I hope you at least put a claim in. There are all sorts of serviceable people put on waivers, been some that got grabbed before me but I was able to get Frans Nielsen, Jeff Petry and Matt Greene at different times off waivers. I even traded Goodrow for 2 4ths then picked him back up off waivers a week later

That ******* Hertl wouldnt re-sign with me so I had to trade him at the deadline for McDavid and a 4th, hopefully I can get Hertl back in the offseason! Help me McJesus!

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
So Tierney destroys the AHL with like 95 points in 76 AHL games, but then struggles to put up 30 in the NHL while Goldobin who was hot garbage in the AHL puts up a 30 goal season on the 3rd line in the NHL for me. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad