Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Yeah, I ended up sticking him in the AHL for the year... I wonder why these players with such high reputation that they wont sign in college don't go to Europe and sign with teams in much stronger leagues that have high enough reputation? I guess this may have to do with all the extra work that's been done over the years for NCAA?
It mostly has to do with struggling to find a "sweet spot" rep wise for the NCAA, IRL D1 NCAA really swings in talent, if we make the reps too high the clubs end up not signing players, too low and you have rosters filling too quickly and NHL-drafted American's won't have places to go. It's something I'll continue to tinker with, I reset the reps to match the default DB and the results seem a little better but still not great and I really don't want to go back adding all the future transfers.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Any update on what the January release will contain?

Thank you for the hard work you put into the updates. 👍
General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions

NHL Updates:
- Continued scattered re-rating update work based on data from NHL EDGE, Evolving Hockey and The Pro Hockey Group/CapFriendly Premium covering NHLers, prospects and future draft picks.

European Updates -- thanks Matee:
- Updates of UFAs for various nationalities, some club and league name and color updates.

North American Updates:
- Updated clubs, competitions and players across various junior leagues -- thanks Archibaulduk!!
- Increased the max age of all junior leagues by 1 to work around EHM limitations leading to players having lapses and not playing on teams, should lead to more consistent development
- Updated several Canadian club names to support the new release of the logo pack -- thanks Dani9!!
- Fixed a bunch of incorrect AHL/ECHL contracts

Reactions: francis246

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
January update of Pivot posted:

General Updates:
- Increased the Upper Age Limit of some junior leagues by 1 to work around EHM limitations involving real-life player situations which could lead to them being dropped at sim start and leading to poor or no development

NHL Updates:
- Continued scattered re-rating update work based on data from NHL EDGE, Evolving Hockey and The Pro Hockey Group/CapFriendly Premium covering NHLers, prospects and future draft picks.
- Updated 2024 draft class based on NHL CSS Mid-Term rankings

European Updates:
- Updated several lower-level European leagues and nations -- thanks Matee!!
- Updates of UFAs for various nationalities, some club and league name and color updates.
- Refreshed players in the top junior level U20 leagues for
- Updated several Czech and Slovak future NHL draft prospects -- thanks RastosTheKodo!!!

North American Updates:
- CHL and CJHL league trade deadline transactions processed, draft picks updated best as I could follow
- Updated clubs, competitions and players across various junior leagues -- thanks Archibaulduk!!
- Updated several Canadian club names to support the new release of the logo pack -- thanks Dani9!!
- Fixed a bunch of incorrect AHL/ECHL contracts and re-rated most players under contract

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Long time since i played this game, so i jumped into the editor of the latest databse 8.6, and i can see there are so many europe-based players that have severe reduction in CA and off/def roles, typicly in the SHL i find a bunch of regular players, which have their CA in range of 65-85 and def/off-roles set to 11/7. Is there a reason for that in before i edit them all ? Otherwise fantastic work and great to see this game stil gets regularly updated.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Long time since i played this game, so i jumped into the editor of the latest databse 8.6, and i can see there are so many europe-based players that have severe reduction in CA and off/def roles, typicly in the SHL i find a bunch of regular players, which have their CA in range of 65-85 and def/off-roles set to 11/7. Is there a reason for that in before i edit them all ? Otherwise fantastic work and great to see this game stil gets regularly updated.
This is part of the re-scaling effort I did last offseason, we really needed the NHL to stand out more and I based the scales on the original "default" DB that ships with the game. We also used an auto-rating system that is not perfect to move players around. I just don't have enough help to really add detailed re-rates to leagues outside of the NHL which I personally do. If you would like to help punch things up there I'm all for it. Also I hate getting into rating discussions as its all subjective at the end of the day.

Here is a snippet of the new tiers and where that 60 falls in. I would want to ask 1) is this a young player? 2) is this a player with little SHL experience as the re-rates use career histories and an algorithm to determine final CA vs a players peers. The tiering of the leagues is based on the NHLe model Rethinking NHLe.

1705678091015.png

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Small patch uploaded for Pivot (v8.6.1), I promise I will update TBL this weekend/early next week!

General Updates:
- Implemented a maximum consistency and important matches value for players based on their PA. During testing this has reduced the gap between Elite and 1A goalies. Makes goalie save percentages match closer to IRL. At the highest level of play reduces the ability for a team to continuously win championships based purely on having the best goalie. -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!

Prospect Generator Updates -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Added in option to choose between negative PA ranges and 10 point PA bands
- Reduced "sons" potential abilities
- Changed all injury proneness and natural fitness to 0 for more variability
- Removed Junior Preference from players after testing proves this gives better sim results (Thank you Penguin!)
- Added in a minimum consistency level for goalies based on PA to improve performance of lower level goalies (Backup/replacement NHL level)
- Added in more 2008/2009 DB's to fill out first year junior drafts (specifically WHL Bantam)

Canadian Updates:
- Updated WHL divisions and schedules -- thanks nlj04 for the report!!

German Updates:
- Updated Deutsche Regionalliga rosters -- thanks Matee!!

North American Updates:
- Updated attendance figures for NHL/AHL/ECHL and CHL leagues
- Updated AHL/ECHL division details
- Cleaned up Player Rights

KingShark

Oct 7, 2023
Assistant seems not to work for me anymore. It has been working fine until now. I have opted for the beta and even re-downloaded the latest version of the assistant when I encountered this issue, but when I try to load my save on the assistant it just says access denied. I haven't, to my knowledge, changed anything regarding to the game or the assistant. Any idea what can cause this or how to fix the issue? I am using the latest pivot roster.

edit: Reinstalled the game and mods and now it works. Dunno what was the problem.

Last edited:

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
This is part of the re-scaling effort I did last offseason, we really needed the NHL to stand out more and I based the scales on the original "default" DB that ships with the game. We also used an auto-rating system that is not perfect to move players around. I just don't have enough help to really add detailed re-rates to leagues outside of the NHL which I personally do. If you would like to help punch things up there I'm all for it. Also I hate getting into rating discussions as its all subjective at the end of the day.

Here is a snippet of the new tiers and where that 60 falls in. I would want to ask 1) is this a young player? 2) is this a player with little SHL experience as the re-rates use career histories and an algorithm to determine final CA vs a players peers. The tiering of the leagues is based on the NHLe model Rethinking NHLe.

View attachment 806168
Just want to clarify, its not criticism, more if it was a question of how the game works with different CA across the leagues For example: Marcus Sylvegård, second in scoring in the SHL have a ca/pa of 72/86. I did research the danish league once upon in time, but just like many others, family-life and lack of time caught one up. now i wanted to brush of this game and usually i spend 1-2 hours in the editor just editing by own preference. Thank you for keeping the db up-to-date ! :)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I’m looking for fan feedback on players and staff for your favorite teams. No one knows their team better than fans so I love getting feedback on what I should change in the database from you all. We’ve put together a feedback collection sheet which is focused on the NHL but I can rescale it for other leagues.

Please post here or DM me if you want to help.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
So after a reformat I've finally been able to play this game again which is v exciting, but I do have one question since I haven't been able to play it in 8 months or so...

How are the prospects in drafts after the first 4-5 years? Last time I played that was the only "issue" I had with the game (in saying that it's only an issue because there's no in client editor, similar to the FHM series). Just curious if it's gotten a bit better in that regard, I know people were working on a prospect generator fix for it.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
So after a reformat I've finally been able to play this game again which is v exciting, but I do have one question since I haven't been able to play it in 8 months or so...

How are the prospects in drafts after the first 4-5 years? Last time I played that was the only "issue" I had with the game (in saying that it's only an issue because there's no in client editor, similar to the FHM series). Just curious if it's gotten a bit better in that regard, I know people were working on a prospect generator fix for it.
I think the database is in the best state its ever been, we have some fixes coming out within a week or so but I'm also pretty biased.

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
I have over 800 hours in this game and really love it. But I cannot figure a way to change the salary cap among others things. I tried all the tutorials and the editor just never works for me.

without the salary cap changes there is now 7-10 really good free agents available right before training camp begins and you sign them for 3-4 mil a season and it just ruins the game for me. Also big props for ECK for making such nice rosters. I had no idea he was on hfboards ( my first time finding this sub)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I have over 800 hours in this game and really love it. But I cannot figure a way to change the salary cap among others things. I tried all the tutorials and the editor just never works for me.

without the salary cap changes there is now 7-10 really good free agents available right before training camp begins and you sign them for 3-4 mil a season and it just ruins the game for me. Also big props for ECK for making such nice rosters. I had no idea he was on hfboards ( my first time finding this sub)
Have you tried following this guide using EHM Assistant?

If you need help you can DM me. I also have some financial tweaks coming in then next update (maybe this weekend) that should improve player asks and financials.

Reactions: _habsfan9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m looking for fan feedback on players and staff for your favorite teams. No one knows their team better than fans so I love getting feedback on what I should change in the database from you all. We’ve put together a feedback collection sheet which is focused on the NHL but I can rescale it for other leagues.

Please post here or DM me if you want to help.
This is more feedback on the editor, but whoever was trying to enter in Yellow 9 on the colors, put in 'Yelllow 9' and until I figured out I can fix it, it's all I could see when I went to the colors :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad