Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He literally just signed, the Flyers should have his rights, if not I'll fix him when his contract details get posted to Cap Friendly.
I must be having issues with the search then, because i don't see him anywhere at all.

Still have to get acclimated to functionality

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2017-18 stats don't appear to be here. Is that something you weren't able to do or an error?

In the standing the Habs are listed as 'Montreal' unless its supposed to be that way.

Think the Flyers are missing Colin McDonald

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
2017-18 stats don't appear to be here. Is that something you weren't able to do or an error?

In the standing the Habs are listed as 'Montreal' unless its supposed to be that way.

Think the Flyers are missing Colin McDonald

Doing stats takes an extremely long time. I have a lot of people helping me in that area but probably will take a few months to get it all done.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Let me ask a dumb question, if you're updating this database, do I have to start a new save every time it's installed?

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
I'm surprised Lafreniere doesn't go top 10 in my 2020 draft year.

I just fired up the game recently after a long absence, and some things in the draft seemed very strange to me. For example, in the 2018 draft, it seemed like 80% of the drafted players were from Europe, especially after the first round where the highest concentration of North American players occurred. I remember a bias towards European players in the past (relative to actual drafting), but this seemed extreme. Is this a normal occurrence for others in the game?

On a positive note, in the past I found it insanely hard to trade up in the draft, even a few spots, compared to similar real-life deals. I found this to be more balanced this time around.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I just fired up the game recently after a long absence, and some things in the draft seemed very strange to me. For example, in the 2018 draft, it seemed like 80% of the drafted players were from Europe, especially after the first round where the highest concentration of North American players occurred. I remember a bias towards European players in the past (relative to actual drafting), but this seemed extreme. Is this a normal occurrence for others in the game?

On a positive note, in the past I found it insanely hard to trade up in the draft, even a few spots, compared to similar real-life deals. I found this to be more balanced this time around.
Other things include, Turcotte is better than Hughes by a margin (based off of attributes). Bowen Byram fell to 72, Kaapo Kakko fell all the way to 111. Josh Lawrence (2020 draft) playing in the MJAHL but in reality he plays in the QMJHL. Lafreniere drops to #12 and he has more points in his D-2 year than D year.

My concerns with this DB so far pretty much:

- Jack Hughes should be NHL ready with borderline / elite / franchise level potential - Attributes are very meh in years 1 / 2 (His numbers IRL are very comparable to Matthews) (like a Kane at centre)
- Kaapo Kakko should be much higher (top 10 minimum) not @ 111
- Bowen Byram should at bare minimum not drop out of the first round (drops to 72)
- Lafreniere should be much better (has 80 points in his d-2 year as a 15/16 y/o IRL) and drops to #12 and has mediocre numbers in the QMJHL. He had 47 points in 70 games in his D-1 and 60 points in 70 games in his D year in the QMJHL.
- Carey Price got way over tuned considering he just had a .900 season (albeit the Canadiens as a whole was a dumpster fire)
- Kotkaniemi seems like a surefire third line centre in his D+2
- Boqvist I believe is way too good (has several 99s in many offensive categories, including skating etc)
- Zadina's attributes especially his wrist shot is incredibly low (currently a 75~) in D+2
- Attributes wise, Boqvist is far superior to Svechnikov
- Turcotte is far better than Hughes (attributes wise) not sure how
- Barrett Hayton seems very meh
- Demko has also been very meh despite posting better numbers each year he plays IRL
- Quinton Byfield is also MIA from the 2020 draft (expected to be a top pick)

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Anybody else feel like the Hall of Fame requirements are way too lax? In 2032, both Kreider and Bartschi made the HoF after retiring. Kreider had 779 points in 1349 games over 19 seasons. That's on average a 47 point season for his career. Hall of Fame material? Other HoF luminaries include Evander Kane, Kyle Turris, Nick Leddy, Marcus Johansson, Justin Schultz, etc, etc. Seems all you have to do to make the HoF is last around 15 years and be a second line player on average.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
ERROR.png

how do i get rid of this.. it doesn't crash the game but it pops up everyday and I want to just vacation through the year.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Other things include, Turcotte is better than Hughes by a margin (based off of attributes). Bowen Byram fell to 72, Kaapo Kakko fell all the way to 111. Josh Lawrence (2020 draft) playing in the MJAHL but in reality he plays in the QMJHL. Lafreniere drops to #12 and he has more points in his D-2 year than D year.

My concerns with this DB so far pretty much:

- Jack Hughes should be NHL ready with borderline / elite / franchise level potential - Attributes are very meh in years 1 / 2 (His numbers IRL are very comparable to Matthews) (like a Kane at centre)
- Kaapo Kakko should be much higher (top 10 minimum) not @ 111
- Bowen Byram should at bare minimum not drop out of the first round (drops to 72)
- Lafreniere should be much better (has 80 points in his d-2 year as a 15/16 y/o IRL) and drops to #12 and has mediocre numbers in the QMJHL. He had 47 points in 70 games in his D-1 and 60 points in 70 games in his D year in the QMJHL.
- Carey Price got way over tuned considering he just had a .900 season (albeit the Canadiens as a whole was a dumpster fire)
- Kotkaniemi seems like a surefire third line centre in his D+2
- Boqvist I believe is way too good (has several 99s in many offensive categories, including skating etc)
- Zadina's attributes especially his wrist shot is incredibly low (currently a 75~) in D+2
- Attributes wise, Boqvist is far superior to Svechnikov
- Turcotte is far better than Hughes (attributes wise) not sure how
- Barrett Hayton seems very meh
- Demko has also been very meh despite posting better numbers each year he plays IRL
- Quinton Byfield is also MIA from the 2020 draft (expected to be a top pick)

I have made some adjustments, I haven't touched the 2019+ draft classes too much. I tend to focus on really breaking these down later in the year.

- Hughes is a 150/-10, not sure what else I can really do there. He is very good out of the gate.
- Kakko was untouched, greatly improved him, same with Byram and Lefreniere.
- I knocked Price down a bit but he is still a clear cut #1 goalie.
- Kotkaniemi is a 124/-9
- Boqvist is a 116/-15 (boom or bust)
- I touched up Zadina
- Turcotte was using BK's version, I nerfed him a bit
- Hayton may very well be meh, he is a -8, I don't get Arizona's fascination with that pick, I don't see a top-6 guy, but he has the potential to be one. He was a reach, his stats reflect that.
- Demko is a 110/-9 I bumped up his base stats, should be better now.
- Byfield is there, weird. Touched him up, 130-/9

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
anyone else getting a Swedish Hockey League error in March 2020?

Which DB? I can't see the picture, make sure you put the URL in between the tags or just put the URL. There is an ongoing issue with Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan that will require league structural changes and a manual schedule re-write due to date conflicts. This is something the TBL guys are working on and will be incorporated into other DBs.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Mostly depends on the database, but I’ve only noticed that once in a great while. Which one are you doing?

KWPower

Mar 1, 2018
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Pushing an update to my DB now, would have rather waited to get a bit more done but it seems the transactions have really slowed down.

- Updated transactions post-NHL/AHL/ECHL free agency (North American focused, have most of the European transfers)
-- Haven't toched up all RFAs yet but they are released to the pool as requested by many of you!
- Added Alliance Hockey Bantam Hockey League (AMBHL)
- Added ECHL club history (thanks ESHMfan01!)
- Various other updates/additions/removals

Download:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.1)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.1.zip
Great stuff man here are some thoughts I had in regards to Washington though. (These have some bias but they're based off my many viewings of the team this past year)

-Vrana at -9 is a bit high. He's fast and talented but he seems more like a 2nd/3rd line player based off how he plays and his over all skill set. I really don't see the high end upside in him that you're looking at once you reach about 160. Maybe -8 would be good or a set potential.

-Orlov's anticipation is way too low. He's an excellent defender. I'd argue he was just as good as Carlson these playoffs, and he was given a lot of hard minutes and was relied on defensively too where he found a lot of success. This might be a bit high for your taste but considering anticipation has a large correlation to reading plays as well as seeing and understanding how plays are unfolding and the ability to react I think Orlov deserves at least a 16. He's also too slow in here.

-Kuznetsov's creativity should be at least an 18.

-Oshie and Backstrom are too fast.

-Eller needs a buff to about 145 CA from his current 134. He could play a second line role some where but thrives behind the depth Washington already has with Kuznetsov and Backstrom.

-Smith-pelly is a playoff hero but he's not a 134 player and he's definitely not better than Connolly.

-Jonsson-Fjallby needs his player type and offensive/defensive roles modified. He's a grinder type player but is very fast can chip in offensively and just electrifies the team from the reports I've read on him. -7 seems a bit harsh because it limits his upside to something he very well could out do. Maybe -14 would be more appropriate?

-Wilson 100% needs a buff. He is just completely underrated tbh, he should be at least a 150 CA player at this point considering all the tools he has in his arsenal and how good he is at them. (Very fast, hits really hard, very brave, fights, agitates, contributes well offensively, excellent defensive game, etc. His mentals should be sky high and that certainly props up the CA).

A Kempny buff?

These are just my thoughts and changes I personally made before I went in to my save and I think it makes the team a bit more accurate to real life.

Reactions: xECK29x

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is restricted free agency programmed into the game anymore? I get tons of young players leaving there teams in free agency, for example William Nylander leaves Toronto in 2018 and signs for 9 million with Florida.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is restricted free agency programmed into the game anymore? I get tons of young players leaving there teams in free agency, for example William Nylander leaves Toronto in 2018 and signs for 9 million with Florida.

One of the biggest flaws in the game is that CPU GMs are terrible at resigning and even making qualifying offers for star RFAs. So often a CPU team will let a star RFA go unqualified and enter unrestricted free agency.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They may have been at the contract limit after signing draft picks, too.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Great stuff man here are some thoughts I had in regards to Washington though. (These have some bias but they're based off my many viewings of the team this past year)

-Vrana at -9 is a bit high. He's fast and talented but he seems more like a 2nd/3rd line player based off how he plays and his over all skill set. I really don't see the high end upside in him that you're looking at once you reach about 160. Maybe -8 would be good or a set potential.

-Orlov's anticipation is way too low. He's an excellent defender. I'd argue he was just as good as Carlson these playoffs, and he was given a lot of hard minutes and was relied on defensively too where he found a lot of success. This might be a bit high for your taste but considering anticipation has a large correlation to reading plays as well as seeing and understanding how plays are unfolding and the ability to react I think Orlov deserves at least a 16. He's also too slow in here.

-Kuznetsov's creativity should be at least an 18.

-Oshie and Backstrom are too fast.

-Eller needs a buff to about 145 CA from his current 134. He could play a second line role some where but thrives behind the depth Washington already has with Kuznetsov and Backstrom.

-Smith-pelly is a playoff hero but he's not a 134 player and he's definitely not better than Connolly.

-Jonsson-Fjallby needs his player type and offensive/defensive roles modified. He's a grinder type player but is very fast can chip in offensively and just electrifies the team from the reports I've read on him. -7 seems a bit harsh because it limits his upside to something he very well could out do. Maybe -14 would be more appropriate?

-Wilson 100% needs a buff. He is just completely underrated tbh, he should be at least a 150 CA player at this point considering all the tools he has in his arsenal and how good he is at them. (Very fast, hits really hard, very brave, fights, agitates, contributes well offensively, excellent defensive game, etc. His mentals should be sky high and that certainly props up the CA).

A Kempny buff?

These are just my thoughts and changes I personally made before I went in to my save and I think it makes the team a bit more accurate to real life.

Terrific stuff, will incorporate all of this!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If we are going into team specific attributes stuff:
Evans needs to be better at faceoffs. He was really good at it in the NCAA.
I'd boost Scherbak a bit considering his last year. Was over 1 PPG in the AHL and did ok in the NHL.

Reactions: xECK29x
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad