Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGM17

Jun 17, 2015
British Columbia
Definitely going to buy this, how's the AI ?

Yes the AI is pretty good, there are the odd idiotic moves! Most of them have to do with putting players on waivers! For example i tried trading for Luongo from FLA and they declined, but a few days later placed him on waivers and i picked him up ! Some bone head decisions like that, but otherwise not too shabby!

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
AI sucks, I traded my 6th overall pick for the rights for a player just taken at 3rd overall + a 1st and 2nd in next years draft

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yes, they are. About 60 points both of them.

How are their ratings? ?6? 7? 7.5?

How many stars do they have on the trade screen?

In one of my games Henrik is playing in Sweden (Daniel retired) in 2018.
In another save, they have 31 and 45 points at season ends.

AI sucks, I traded my 6th overall pick for the rights for a player just taken at 3rd overall + a 1st and 2nd in next years draft

So 6OA + what should be a top10 pick next year + a high 2nd for 3OA? Not the worst trade.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

It's something I've noticed as well regarding new draft picks.

Trading for a top 5 pick is nigh impossible, but the minute the pick has been made, the value seems to decrease a ton.

Case in point, a team was drafting 3rd overall and selected Patrick Laine. I was picking 5th overall and offered my pick for Laine's rights. The other team accepted the deal, while my assistant GM was telling me that it was a terrible deal for us.

On another subject, is it possible to retain salary on trades? I must have played over 30 seasons in that game so far, and never realized if that was possible.

SuperGM17

Jun 17, 2015
British Columbia
I have a couple of questions regarding where to find things

I hear people talking about ratings of players, is that just the avg. rating?

I also hear people talking about player potentials. Someone said they got a guy with 200 potential! How does he know this, and where do you find it?

Last thing how do i set team captain/assistant captains? never mind found this...

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It's something I've noticed as well regarding new draft picks.

Trading for a top 5 pick is nigh impossible, but the minute the pick has been made, the value seems to decrease a ton.

Case in point, a team was drafting 3rd overall and selected Patrick Laine. I was picking 5th overall and offered my pick for Laine's rights. The other team accepted the deal, while my assistant GM was telling me that it was a terrible deal for us.

On another subject, is it possible to retain salary on trades? I must have played over 30 seasons in that game so far, and never realized if that was possible.

There's definitely lots of little exploits in the game. The question is if you want to abuse it or not. I admit it's very tempting, but i've been getting a lot more enjoyment out of the game trying to play 'realistic' and not exploiting these things.

I think in TBL Challenges they usually prevent trades of this sort, IIRC you can only trade draft picks at the draft, and at most it's a 2 for 1 deal.

As for retention, I don't believe it's possible right now.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
As I posted on reddit in a "Personal Game Rules" thread - Don't actively try to exploit the game is mine (which essentially means play realistically)

Regarding the trades being mentioned.....it would never occur to me to try to do such a thing (because a GM approaching another GM with such an offer would never ever happen); I think for most exploits you have to actively look/try for them

P.S. I posted about this issue in the SI Bugs Forum today, and linked the above examples, so I'm sure Riz will address it when he has time (as it's clearly not the way the game is intended to work HaHa)

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So I recently pitched in and brought this and after a bit of frustration, everything's going fairly swimmingly except for one minor detail - I can't really get Sidney Crosby going. The rest of my Penguins team is committing crimes against the NHL but I can't find the right combo for Sid the Kid. Any advice or help from those who've been there before?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
How are their ratings? ?6? 7? 7.5?

How many stars do they have on the trade screen?

In one of my games Henrik is playing in Sweden (Daniel retired) in 2018.
In another save, they have 31 and 45 points at season ends.

So 6OA + what should be a top10 pick next year + a high 2nd for 3OA? Not the worst trade.

Zero stars. This is also unrealistic. Imagine, if that happens in NHL in 2017/2018. There will be a lot teams, that will have trade with Canucks.

Daniel retired in game in 2018 too. But i have Henrik signed for 2 seasons for 1,5 mil. per year. But he sucks. He has still good personal attributes, but performance is very poor (about 6.00).

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He probably sucks because of his skating. In my experience skating attributes are the single most important thing for NHL players in this version of EHM. In 2007 you were always on the lookout for big guys because size was king. That king is now speed.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I tend to try and swap 1st round picks in october to the bottom team in the league. I end up giving up a lot though and occasionally it bites me in the butt.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
Hey guys. I'm trying to mold my Caps' first line (OV - Backstrom - Oshie) into a possession line. I want them to hold the puck, cycle and play more of a slow game.

Their attributes are pretty good. They have 4 stars in offense and toughness, and 5 stars in skill.

But I can't find a way to do it. Do you guys have any success playing with low/very low tempo?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
As I posted on reddit in a "Personal Game Rules" thread - Don't actively try to exploit the game is mine (which essentially means play realistically)

Regarding the trades being mentioned.....it would never occur to me to try to do such a thing (because a GM approaching another GM with such an offer would never ever happen); I think for most exploits you have to actively look/try for them

P.S. I posted about this issue in the SI Bugs Forum today, and linked the above examples, so I'm sure Riz will address it when he has time (as it's clearly not the way the game is intended to work HaHa)

There's another exploit as well regarding draft picks.

If you wait until mid/late November to see how the season will most likely pan out, there's usually a bottom 10 team that's trying to make the playoffs. However, the ones that are looking for 'veteran presence' will often trade their 1st round pick for yours, even if you're currently 1st in the standings. In some extreme cases, they'll trade all their 1sts they have (5) for your 1st.

On a sidenote, one thing that annoys me is that there really doesn't seem to be much player loyalty. I get not every player is going to want to sign a hometown discount, but in the TBL Retro rosters both Sakic and Forsberg wanted to test free agency so you couldn't sign them beforehand, and then ended up signing with different teams for about a ~100 k AAV difference. Would be nice if the 'favorite clubs' for players weighed in a bit more to be able to resign players to fair deals before free agency, or give the 'favorite' team a bit of a upper hand during FA.

Last edited:

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
TBL are doing one for around the start of the 2016-2017 season. They don't do in-season updates (except finishing re-rating as needed) anymore per the lack of researchers.

ok :nod:

When i do my own roster update (via DB editor) most of the teams are either over the cap or way below it, making teams trade Star players for like dirt cheap lol.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
For those who play GM-only like I do, has anyone noticed that after the latest update and hotfix that game scores are really lopsided all of a sudden?

Seems like every game day there are multiple 7-1, 9-5, etc. scores. I don't know if it has to do with the way the last update broke the Head Coach/Asst. Coach "Motivating" attributes (I suddenly have the hardest time keeping my players from stringing multiple 5 and 6 games in a row)... maybe that's just a correlation /= causation thing.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Zero stars. This is also unrealistic. Imagine, if that happens in NHL in 2017/2018. There will be a lot teams, that will have trade with Canucks.

Daniel retired in game in 2018 too. But i have Henrik signed for 2 seasons for 1,5 mil. per year. But he sucks. He has still good personal attributes, but performance is very poor (about 6.00).

Probably why he doesn't get anything in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad