Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Happy to not be facing Vasilevskiy and Kucherov, those guys are legit killers. Guess we'll see what Matthews and Marner are made of these days and if it's still powdered marshmallow candy.

Wish the Bruins had some more consistent scoring depth for this series. Going to need guys like Geekie, Coyle, Zacha, DeBrusk and Heinen to step their games up like they've done at different points throughout the season. Not worried about Pasta or Marchy. Hopefully superior goaltending and defense can carry the day. Not overly confident but not too anxious about it either, should be a fun series.
I’m definitely worried about Marchy he hasn’t looked right for weeks.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It's perfect

If the Bruins win its the next chapter in that glorious book of breaking Toronto's hearts

If Toronto wins they will craft their own "finally beat the bruins" rings. I don't think any fan base in any league anywhere would be happier to win a first round series.

Either way it's a joy vs joy outcome.

And it's a good matchup on the ice too

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Well this is the match up I was hoping for as I think the Leafs are still the Leafs and they can and will be beat. We do well against them and they simply do not scare me in any way. Their D is weak. Their goaltending isn't great and they still have a number of soft forwards.

Also, we get the Florida war and so the hope there is they bang each other up so bad the winner limps into round 2 and we can beat them as well. It's all about the match ups, luck, and injuries now.

Obviously skill players like Marchand and DeBrusk will have to start scoring again but they can.

Boston-Vancouver Stanley Cup Final V2 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!
F#@% Vancouver! If I had to choose between getting swept in the 1st round vs Toronto, or losing against Vancouver in the Finals, I'd go with option #1. That's how much I despise the Canucks. The only team I hate more is the stinkin' Habs.

Reactions: BMC and Carl Hungus

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Because their average age is around 14 1/2.
Oh ,Not really I know some 60 and 70 year olds that are like that lol

It's perfect

If the Bruins win its the next chapter in that glorious book of breaking Toronto's hearts

If Toronto wins they will craft their own "finally beat the bruins" rings. I don't think any fan base in any league anywhere would be happier to win a first round series.

Either way it's a joy vs joy outcome.

And it's a good matchup on the ice too
I only care about my joy thank you very much.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Watch what you hope for, Toronto's top 3 (Mathews, Mariner and Nylander) have outscored Boston's elite 289 to 237. In addition, they have Tavares, Rielly with Domi and Bertuzzi for support scoring. Tavares is also very good at the faceoff dot.

A couple of young kids are also contributing, Knies and Robertson. Robertson has a lethal shot and Knies has size and contributes offensively.

The deciding factor could very well be that Boston makes mediocre goalies look like superstars.

I hope Boston wins but I could see Toronto finally take a series.
No D and goaltending will do them in IMO

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
F#@% Vancouver! If I had to choose between getting swept in the 1st round vs Toronto, or losing against Vancouver in the Finals, I'd go with option #1. That's how much I despise the Canucks. The only team I hate more is the stinkin' Habs.
I would rather lose to anyone else except the Leafs that’s why I wanted Tampa ,perfect scenario was Bruins beating Tampa and Florida taking out the Leafs.Oh well we will see what happens,but I’m scared have to admit I have a bad feeling about this.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
There’s plenty of reasons to think the Leafs could win. This isn’t 80/20 odds here. Vegas has the Bruins as a 55% favorite.
Not sure why anyone thinks this is a sure win for the Bruins,Leafs have firepower,I expect Bertuzzi to have a big series,and they don’t need great goaltending it just needs to be not bad.

Yeah, that's what skews the average to 14 1/2. Otherwise it would be 12.
Well I am seeing a lot of Leaf flags on cars so many also of driving age

• Haha
Reactions: eightspokedb

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
There’s plenty of reasons to think the Leafs could win. This isn’t 80/20 odds here. Vegas has the Bruins as a 55% favorite.
Such as? The Bruins are probably the worst match up for them in the entire league. Other than the Bruins fumbling it away (which I guess with history, so you may be right, not exactly a clutch group as of now) I can't see it. Very excited to watch it play out

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Florida don't scare me as much as Tampa.Bruins took them to game 7 of OT .That Tampa powerplay is lethal and as I said earlier ,you need 30 + shots a night vs Vasi in a 4 out of 7.Bruins are type team outside Pasta as well that has players that need multiple looks to bury one.

If the refs call Tkachuk for the 6 penalties he deserves every game, TB will roll them.

But he’ll take like 3 penalties all series and Florida will win.

• Wow

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Such as? The Bruins are probably the worst match up for them in the entire league. Other than the Bruins fumbling it away (which I guess with history, so you may be right, not exactly a clutch group as of now) I can't see it. Very excited to watch it play out
You’re just setting this up. Bruins could play out of their minds and still lose the series. Positioning this as the only way the Leafs win is if the Bruins choke is silly.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
No D and goaltending will do them in IMO
That is easy to say but can the Bruins utilize their weaknesses. Leafs are never out of a game with the firepower they can produce. In addition, Bruins D is not exactly what I would call world class.

The Bruins are going to have to work very hard and show some consistent scoring. In addition, Marchand sure does not look up to par and he will be needed at 100%.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Not sure why anyone thinks this is a sure win for the Bruins,Leafs have firepower,I expect Bertuzzi to have a big series,and they don’t need great goaltending it just needs to be not bad.

Their goaltending is bad. Like really, really bad.

Well I am seeing a lot of Leaf flags on cars so many also of driving age

I'm just talking about the main boards here. Most Leafs fans I've met in person, except the drunk I sat next to at Game 1 in 2019, seem pretty rational. Most of the goofs who post here are off the charts irrational.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
That is easy to say but can the Bruins utilize their weaknesses. Leafs are never out of a game with the firepower they can produce. In addition, Bruins D is not exactly what I would call world class.

The Bruins are going to have to work very hard and show some consistent scoring. In addition, Marchand sure does not look up to par and for sure he will be needed at 100%.
Yes they can score, but if our d and goalies play they way they should, we win. If ULLY or Sway shit the bed, then your right we don't have the fire power to match bad goaltending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad