Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Stay off the main boards Yikes. Leaf fans out in full force telling the world how much better they are, how gonna smoke us. I don't get where they get their cockiness and confidence. Certainly not from any kind of success. It's mind boggling how obnoxious they are
Oh yeah that’s for sure ,and I have cousins and an in-law that’s fits into that category,did not want this series.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not trying to undersell the Leafs, but I think they are the best matchup for Boston, even if it's a 55% chance of winning kind of series. Better than the other way around like I feel like it is against both Florida and Tampa.
Florida don't scare me as much as Tampa.Bruins took them to game 7 of OT .That Tampa powerplay is lethal and as I said earlier ,you need 30 + shots a night vs Vasi in a 4 out of 7.Bruins are type team outside Pasta as well that has players that need multiple looks to bury one.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hate to say it, but we will remember these last two subpar losses as the reason the Bruins exit in the first round. Hope I'm wrong.
I don’t think so . If they play so badly that they lose to Toronto odds are they would also lose to Tampa .

Bruins won all 4 meeting with Leafs and have better goaltending and better backend.Boston is winning this series for my money.
Just to play devils advocate but has the playoff goaltending we’ve seen from Ullmark and Swayman the last two years been significantly better than how Samsonov played in the playoffs last year?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don’t think so . If they play so badly that they lose to Toronto odds are they would also lose to Tampa .

Just to play devils advocate but has the playoff goaltending we’ve seen from Ullmark and Swayman the last two years been significantly better than how Samsonov played in the playoffs last year?
That's fair for sure .I was thinking about Ullmark with Sabres beating Leafs all the time ( not playoffs )to soothe my nerves :laugh:Samsonov don't scare me. Woll be in this series book it

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well this is the match up I was hoping for as I think the Leafs are still the Leafs and they can and will be beat. We do well against them and they simply do not scare me in any way. Their D is weak. Their goaltending isn't great and they still have a number of soft forwards.

Also, we get the Florida war and so the hope there is they bang each other up so bad the winner limps into round 2 and we can beat them as well. It's all about the match ups, luck, and injuries now.

Obviously skill players like Marchand and DeBrusk will have to start scoring again but they can.

Boston-Vancouver Stanley Cup Final V2 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad