Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position 6

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Washington shouldn't be ahead of Montreal or Columbus. They lost Ribeiro, the main componenet of their league leading PP and didn't replace him. The powerplay will likely fall back down to earth, and with it Ovechkin's goal totals which were mostly PPGs. Not to mention the fact that they played last season in the weaker Southeast, I would say they're more likely to miss the playoffs than to make it.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
why are people putting CBJ ahead of other teams anyway? I get that certain teams shouldn't be ahead of CBJ BUT CBJ got to 9th with Lundqvist-esque goaltending. Do we expect Sergei Bobrovsky to repeat that performance? Do we expect the entire lineup to show up the same way they did last year? Yes, they do have Gaborik but Gaborik alone isn't going to propel them all that far.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
why are people putting CBJ ahead of other teams anyway? I get that certain teams shouldn't be ahead of CBJ BUT CBJ got to 9th with Lundqvist-esque goaltending. Do we expect Sergei Bobrovsky to repeat that performance? Do we expect the entire lineup to show up the same way they did last year? Yes, they do have Gaborik but Gaborik alone isn't going to propel them all that far.

Jacket fans prefer to say Lundqvist has displayed Bob-esque talent throughout his career. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Seriously I think it is going to be interesting seeing the Jackets in the East. I think the Eastern style of more up and down the ice with the Jackets Western lets check all over the ice style will be the deciding factor. Realistically I like our playoff chances better in the East than the West but its not going to be a slam dunk.

Cake or Death

Suprised to see so many people picking the caps. I don't even see them as a playoff team. Though, if Ovechkin keeps up his second half streak I suppose a lot could happen. I'm with those saying Columbus, but Toronto should be up there too I think.

Same here. I have an extremely difficult time seeing the Caps make the playoffs now that they don't have a garbage division to inflate their numbers against.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I think Washington takes a step back. Like others have mentioned, they haven't replaced Ribeiro and don't have the luxury of playing Tampa, Florida, Carolina and Winnipeg for most of the season. The last two seasons they have scraped into the playoffs and now have a much harder schedule...

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think Washington takes a step back. Like others have mentioned, they haven't replaced Ribeiro and don't have the luxury of playing Tampa, Florida, Carolina and Winnipeg for most of the season. The last two seasons they have scraped into the playoffs and now have a much harder schedule...

Their schedule isn't that much harder, although it is.

They may have lost Ribeiro, but they did add Erat who they'll have all year next year. Not an insignificant addition. Plus, they didn't have Ribeiro two years ago, although they did have Semin. I don't think the loss is as big as people are making it out to be.

I'm skeptical of the Caps, but not as skeptical as I am about the Leafs, Blue Jackets, Flyers, and especially the Canadiens. After 35 games, the Habs were falling fast (6-7-0). The only reason they won the division was because the season ended. They then got embarassed by the Senators in the first round in 5 games, being outscored 20-9.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
went with Toronto. I think their one good shutdown D and one more top nine forward away from really competing. think CBJ is getting too much credit here, if Sergei wasn't a demi god throughout all of March the BJ's would still be a laughingstock. And I bet a lot of money he doesn't repeat his performance, especially being thrown into the very high scoring Metropolitan (pukes) division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad