Speculation: Eastern Conference is a Beast-Should we be sellers

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Yup, Leafs are a powerhouse especially on D and in goal.
We are a very good defensive team. Goaltending has been a question mark over the last couple months, but it could just as easily flip back as fast as it dropped of, and a lot of teams would say the same.

Heck, even Vasilevskiy is only rocking a 0.910 in 2022.
I'm talking about the Leafs on the ice
Problem is you're not.
you're talking about some bar graph you read online somewhere.
Nope, I'm talking about what's happening on the ice. What I'm saying is just also supported by the statistics.
Cheating for offensive chances isn't good reading and anticipating.
No, good reading and anticipating is. We don't cheat for chances.
Our problems occur when we should take the body, but can't.
We can take the body. It's just not the best option as often as many people here wish it was.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Problem is you're not.

Nope, I'm talking about what's happening on the ice. What I'm saying is just also supported by the statistics.

No, good reading and anticipating is. We don't cheat for chances.

We can take the body. It's just not the best option as often as many people here wish it was.

I guess we just see the game different. You search for stats to support your preconceived hope that Dubas is infallible. I watch the game and read analytics, then come to a conclusion.

I really hope I’m wrong….

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You search for stats to support your preconceived hope that Dubas is infallible.
Wrong on all fronts. I don't think Dubas is infallible, this is about the team's defensive play and has nothing to do with Dubas, and I don't search for stats to support anything preconceived. I utilize valuable statistics to inform what I'm watching, because it's very easy to fall into the trap you clearly have, that this fanbase has a long history of falling into, of vilifying defensemen and always thinking it's better on the other side.

You would think that after suffering through our defense being actually bad for years and years, it would be easier for people to recognize good defensive play. It's unfortunate that some people can't appreciate anything other than hitz, hitz, and more hitz.
I watch the game and read analytics, then come to a conclusion.
Clearly not, because your conclusions are completely counter to both analytics and the eye test.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
If I am Auston Matthews, I'm in the prime of my career on a team like this and the team decides to sell, I'm asking for a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad