Post-Game Talk (GBU): Easiest GBU of all time

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Good:

Date night was exceptional.
Catching bits of the game, some via Radio.com, some via text and smiling like an idiot throughout.
Getting to catch up on a night when the first line pounds in five goals?

Bad:

Missed the game, but it was worth it.

Ugly:

I got nothing.
Glad for you!

Reactions: Chainshot

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
What a game. Sabres looked great. All lines rolling, D playing fast, passing crisp and unpredictable. Chances galore and players finishing. Love the different 'types' of goals being scored and the PP is clicking. Adding VO to the top PP unit is a game changer. Having a shot that demands attention across from Eichel is going to open up a lot of ice. Dahlin being able to dish to Eichel or VO is going to give opposing teams nightmares and the speed of the Sabres in the 1st to games is going to generate a lot of PP time.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Small comment: 6 points for 1st line: 5 goals 1 assist.

Edit; with assists given on VO’s 2nd goal updated to:

7 points; 5 goals and 2 assists

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
G
Everyone
I like Colin Miller's game. Haven't watched him play until this regular season.

B
NJ Devil's Broadcast power play camera angle. Showed the power plays from behind the net. Hated it.

U
M. Blackwood. Just not an NHL goalie

Watching Devil's postgame player interviews..... reminds me a lot of past Sabres games.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
G: Montour is going to be happy to re-sign here. He seemed super happy to be with a winning Anaheim club, but we're close to home for him. Ideally we get him committed while we're doing well, and before he gets going.

Colin Miller was in a spot where he didn't get good looks. Seemed most Vegas fans thought he was a 4-5-6 guy, but many people felt he was untapped.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
G
Almost everyone

B
Scandella - He just seems to still be in no man's land for parts of his shifts
Sobotka - love his improvement but the play just dies when it hits his stick
Vesey -Erod is about to snipe your spot if you don't snap out of whatever it is you are in.
Devils' D - They were just allowing everything, felt bad for Blackwood.

U
Refs let the game get away from them
Knowing Sam is going to cost a small fortune

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
They didn't deflate from early period goals. They didn't back down when NJ got goony and physical, and just dominated them (both physically and on the scoresheet) in response. Even when they let their feet off the gas in the 3rd, they were still making plays and scoring. It's a long season, but up to this point they're night and day from last year. I love it.

Not just that, but the Sabres were the team that answered in a minute after the opponent scored. Flipping the script.

Once NJ started running around, the Sabres just took advantage of them being even more out of position than they were previously, and clowned them that much more easily until the game was completely out of reach.

And then they put the hurt on 'em.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
G - probably the best Sabre’s game I have watched in 8 years , Outstanding tea, effort , All of the young guys (Oloffson, Eichel, Reinhart and especially Dahlin looks like he is ready for a breakthrough, Power play ? Enough said and the defensive effort was top notch ! And I absolutely love Johansson

B- Nothimg

U - Housley

Reactions: Wisent42

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Extend Risto!!
As mentioned in the GDT Risto was Derpolainen until the game got physical. When Risto is focused on thinking he needs to create offense from everywhere he's a gaffe machine. When he's just laying back waiting to apply physical punishment, he's a asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad