Early Vezina favourites

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Halak is doing well but I can't really see him as the starter long term

I think if Rinne comes back healthy he might have a shot

Vasilevski is doing well

Gibson has been standing on his head but the Ducks are rather bad...

Varlamov, Raanta and Dubnyk are interesting.

I'm going with;

1) Vasilevski
2) Rinne
3) Raanta
4) Gibson
5) Varlamov

Kaeften

Mar 19, 2018
Sweden
Objectively speaking Gibson has been the best goalie in the league this year. Amazing really given the team in front of him.
Even tho Vasi is my boi, I'm gonna have to agree. Gibson is pretty much the sole reason as to why the Ducks haven't completely collapsed. Still gets talked about too little in these discussions

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
You can't really argue against Gibson unless you blame him for his team's lack of success. Which would be utterly ridiculous.

But it's the Vezina voting we're talking about, so just take the top 5 in save percentage of all goalies with more than 40 GP, sort by Wins and you have your answer.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I can't believe I'm saying this but Robin Lehner has been outstanding so far. Not saying he'll be in the conversation at the end of the season but right now, probably should be considered.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm going with Varlamov and Mike Smith.

giphy.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vasilevskiy's been great, but he's actually been getting help on D this year, so it doesn't feel as spectacular as the beginning of last season. He's also settled his game down considerably, so he doesn't need the 10 bell saves all the time.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
img_20181103_103524-jpg.151655

Gibson is just behind Rittich. Vasi doesn't deserve to be ranked at all. Vasi and Hellebuyck are a product of their team. Raanta and Dubnyk are the only starters that are high up (Well technically Rinne is a starter, but he's missed a few games).

For now I'd say Gibson, Raanta, and Dubnyk in order from greatest to least. Dubnyk is however carried by his team a ton. Raanta and especially Gibson has to do the heavy loading themselves both in terms of making saves and helping their team eliminating chances and breaking out.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Its either Gibson or Raanta imo… if you look further into stats... Gibson has been a god send... the ducks have been awful, and Gibson is the only reason we don't have 0 wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad